Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 454
  1. #341
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    385
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Rumor has it that with Romo and Felix hurt, and Sam Hurd on injured reserve. The Cowboys are pushing for the other Roy Williams. Not first round pick status though. I hate rumors, but I can see this happening, especially with the Jerrah being overly active. And how fast the Cowboys are spiraling out of control.

  2. #342
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    There was also talks of them going after TJ houz, so I guess we'll see, but I can see us signing either of them. Also tashard choice is more than capeable of picking up jone's carries, we'll be fine.

  3. #343
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I find this past weekend hilarious. NFC East is the best! Oshi- Cowboys lose to the Cards (Not horrible), Skins lose to the Rams, and the Giants lose to the Browns, lulz. Eagles are the only team that one, and they even had trouble. The 40-26 wasn't really a blowout by any means.

    I'd be willing to bet that the NFC South is just as good now with the Panthers, Bucs, Falcons all at 4-2 and the Sants at 3-3.

  4. #344
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    Even the NFC north only has one losing team! Going to be one hell of a wild-card battle.

  5. #345
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    You guys are horrible with your knee jerk reactions. I swear, change your opinion on everything every single week.

    Edit:

    Panthers, Bucs, and Falcons would all be in last place if they were in the NFC East. If you think those teams are for real after 6 weeks, you need to get your head checked.

  6. #346
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I think the Panthers and Bucs are for real. The Bucs defense is still good, you know. Panthers I think are coming down to earth, but had a horrible game. I think the Falcons could lose 8 out of their next 10 games personally, but srsly. This isn't college football. You aren't supposed to buy into your own hype in the NFL, and that's exactly what the teams of the East did. How else do you explain losing to clearly inferior teams?

    And a lot of people change opinions weekly. Analysts in sports especially. That's why it's a tough business. Talent wise, do I think the NFC East has the most? Well, before Romo went down, yes I did. Right now? Probably still a little bit when compared to other divisions. Do I think they are as strong though? I don't know right now. Need more than 6 weeks.

  7. #347
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    AFC south > NFC south. even with the texans

  8. #348
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Bullshit.


    No need to elaborate. You're talking about record wise then yes, but all in all hell no. No way in hell. NFC East and NFC South are sort of the equivalent of the SEC, they just whip each others ass during the course of any given season.

  9. #349
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    You aren't supposed to buy into your own hype in the NFL, and that's exactly what the teams of the East did. How else do you explain losing to clearly inferior teams?
    This paragraph is extremely funny to read 10 minutes after you were hailing the NFC South as the best division in the league. Simply because they had a decent week compared to the NFC East.

    And when you're considered top 5 in the NFL, EVERYONE is an inferior team. Any loss would be considered a bad loss. Most playoff teams make it to the playoffs as 12-4/11-5/10-6. Every one of those NFC East teams are still on pace to do that. Plus you have to consider that 3 of them did it last year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    And a lot of people change opinions weekly. Analysts in sports especially. That's why it's a tough business. Talent wise, do I think the NFC East has the most? Well, before Romo went down, yes I did. Right now? Probably still a little bit when compared to other divisions. Do I think they are as strong though? I don't know right now. Need more than 6 weeks.
    They're still hands down better than every division talent wise. Every NFC East team could beat any other team in the league. They might not be the best of the best, but they're all extremely competitive. Which is something that 80% of other divisions can't say.

  10. #350
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    It's hard to take what you say serious. Just like I'm "biased to the SEC" even though I dog them just about as much as anyone, you're a Giants fan, so you're biased. I'm sorry, but when the "two best teams" in the "best division" lose to teams with a combined 1-7 record.. that's bad. That's not just a bad week, that's just bad. Am I saying the Skins and Giants have no chance for the Super Bowl? God no. I'm not stupid. But comparing these losses to "losing to anyone else since we're a Top 5 team" is just silly. If they were to lose to say... the Jets, or the Panthers... maybe the 49ers.. I wouldn't say that's a horrible loss. Those teams are improving, and moving in the right direction. Losing to the Browns the way the Giants did (Eli sucking, defense not playing inspired or rushing the QB), or the way the Skins lost to the Rams, even though they had twice as many yards... that's just bad man. The college equivalent would be Texas losing to Baylor, Florida losing to Troy.

    They're bad losses and I just don't think the NFC East is the solid #1 division in the NFL and there might not be 3 teams from the NFC East to make the playoffs like we all thought. That's all I'm saying.

    Also, I think I can be a medium in this sort of debate because I have no team. I don't root for just one team. I root for good football. I don't like seeing 44-6 blowouts. I like seeing competitive ball like we had this past weekend for the most part. (Saints and Colts withstanding.) I do like Peyton Manning, but I'm not a huge Colts fan. I like/dislike every team pretty much equally. Stuff changes weekly. That's the way the NFL is. We thought we had it figured out, but we didn't. I'm sure the Giants will rebound against the 49ers next week.

  11. #351
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Power rankings!

    1. Giants
    2. Titans
    3. Steelers
    4. Colts
    5. Cowboys
    5. Redskins
    7. Chargers
    8. Bills
    9. Eagles
    10. Panthers

    I'd still say the NFC East is the best but the NFC South and AFC South aren't that far behind.

    Edit: Could probably toss the Bucs in there possibly, but don't know where.

  12. #352
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    It's hard to take what you say serious. Just like I'm "biased to the SEC" even though I dog them just about as much as anyone, you're a Giants fan, so you're biased. I'm sorry, but when the "two best teams" in the "best division" lose to teams with a combined 1-7 record.. that's bad. That's not just a bad week, that's just bad. Am I saying the Skins and Giants have no chance for the Super Bowl? God no. I'm not stupid. But comparing these losses to "losing to anyone else since we're a Top 5 team" is just silly. If they were to lose to say... the Jets, or the Panthers... maybe the 49ers.. I wouldn't say that's a horrible loss. Those teams are improving, and moving in the right direction. Losing to the Browns the way the Giants did (Eli sucking, defense not playing inspired or rushing the QB), or the way the Skins lost to the Rams, even though they had twice as many yards... that's just bad man. The college equivalent would be Texas losing to Baylor, Florida losing to Troy.
    You're crazy. This is the NFL. You simply can't make those kind of retarded comparisons. Period. The difference between good teams and bad isn't as profound as the college game.

    Regardless, Cleveland was a 10-6 team last year. Protip: So were the Giants. One team didn't make the playoffs, while the other won the superbowl.

    Matchups are a bigger deciding factor than anything in the NFL. The Giants just don't matchup well against the Browns, and it showed.

  13. #353
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I like how now that the Skins are finally looking competent they are unstoppable. The same with the Giants, they win the Superbowl and now they are and always have been a powerhouse. The only team in that division that have ever been worth a shit the past 5 years or so is Dallas and the Eagles here and there.

    I like how the NFC is and always has been the one constant now. That's just too funny. Skins were a doormat and Couglin, Eli and them were all on the hot seat exactly one year ago. Granted they won the SB, but calling the East a juggernaut all of a sudden is baloney.

  14. #354
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    bologna*

  15. #355
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,412
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I have a friend that told me there is always upsets this week in the NFL. He said gamblers call it "Sucker Week" I didn't believe him till Sunday night and Monday night. This is why I don't gamble in the first place.

  16. #356
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I hate Bologna, that is intentional disrespect yo.

  17. #357
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    I like how now that the Skins are finally looking competent they are unstoppable. The same with the Giants, they win the Superbowl and now they are and always have been a powerhouse. The only team in that division that have ever been worth a shit the past 5 years or so is Dallas and the Eagles here and there.

    I like how the NFC is and always has been the one constant now. That's just too funny. Skins were a doormat and Couglin, Eli and them were all on the hot seat exactly one year ago. Granted they won the SB, but calling the East a juggernaut all of a sudden is baloney.
    As opposed to who?

    The NFC South is just briming with superbowl talent too right? Oh wait-

    Last year: 4-12 Falcons. 7-9 Panthers, 7-9 Saints, and the 9-7 Bucs.

    These teams are below average to mediocre. They've all improved, but you can't even begin to argue that any of these teams are actual contenders.

    Edit:

    The Skins, arguably the weakest NFC East team, finished with a better record than all of the NFC South last year. Pluck any NFC East team out of our division, throw them in the South, and they're instantly a playoff team.

  18. #358
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Last year the patriots were undefeated, the dolphins had one win, and the Lions were like 4-1 at this point. Last year is exactly that...last year. The Panthers are better than last year, the Saints are riddled with injuries and arguably still an NFC contender, and I'm on the fence with the Bucs. I can't buy a team with QB issues.

  19. #359
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    I'm not saying that the teams aren't improved, I'm saying that their improvements don't all of a sudden turn them into a power house. Yeah they're better, but even with those improvements you can't consider them great.

    And Tyche, you even listed all 4 NFC East teams in your top 10, while only 1/4 of the NFC South is represented. (1 BEHIND THE WORST NFC EAST TEAM MIND YOU)

    If that's not an indicator, I don't know what is.

  20. #360
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    True, post your SB and NFC champ. representatives of the 2 then.

    You have the Eagles. Best you say?

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 754
    Last Post: 2010-12-30, 02:17