Thread: You missed claiming a NM.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

You missed claiming a NM.

I wanna know how many people are out there that everytime they miss a NM claim they immediately think that the person who claimed bots. Now c'mon i know there's a huge number out there that thinks this immediately no matter what. The worst ones are the people who go as far as to calling a GM on the person who claimed the NM fair and square. See in my opinion a GM isn't gonna randomly look to see if you're using common 3rd pt programs we all use. But let's say you camp NMs a lot and everytime you claim there's atleast 1 person who has a hissy fit says you bot and calls a GM. Now a GM has to come and investigate you and even though you didn't bot claim the NM you were using let's say a windower script that did something unusual and GM caught this and now you've been flagged as a 3rd pt program user and will be suspended/banned. That was JUST AN EXAMPLE. Do no make this thread out to be a 'se doesn't care about windower' please try to see around what's given. I'd just like to see how many people actually think "that fucker bot'd that claim" everytime someone claims. I for one do it occasionally. I've only GM'd a few though. I actually mean a few as in 1-3.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've had a few people tell me they were calling a gm on my claim. I just smile and encourage them to do so. Why is that? Because I don't bot and have nothing to hide.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    I wanna know how many people are out there that everytime they miss a NM claim they immediately think that the person who claimed bots.
    No, but every time I find someone who crafts more than me, I think they're botting.

I don't GM call them or anything though. It's more of those 'anyone who drives faster than you is insane, anyone who drives slower than you is an old fart' type of things. I craft a crapton, so anyone who does more than me has to be insane (or a botter), which is of course false logic.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I wanna know how many people are out there that everytime they miss a NM claim they immediately think that the person who claimed bots. Now c'mon i know there's a huge number out there that thinks this immediately no matter what. The worst ones are the people who go as far as to calling a GM on the person who claimed the NM fair and square. See in my opinion a GM isn't gonna randomly look to see if you're using common 3rd pt programs we all use.
    I don't bother to call a GM, it's just a waste of my time and the other camper's.

But let's say you camp NMs a lot and everytime you claim there's atleast 1 person who has a hissy fit says you bot and calls a GM. Now a GM has to come and investigate you and even though you didn't bot claim the NM you were using let's say a windower script that did something unusual and GM caught this and now you've been flagged as a 3rd pt program user and will be suspended/banned. That was JUST AN EXAMPLE. Do no make this thread out to be a 'se doesn't care about windower' please try to see around what's given. I'd just like to see how many people actually think "that fucker bot'd that claim" everytime someone claims. I for one do it occasionally. I've only GM'd a few though. I actually mean a few as in 1-3.
    Personal Story?

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

The only time I've personally GMed someone for outclaiming me was a pretty obvious botting. I was camping Mee Deggi, standing up on the platform, and I could see a fellow camper on the bridge on the left side of my field of view. Just as Mee Deggi popped down on the floor to my right, I saw the camper (50RNG/THF) use Camoflage, and he instantly reappeared right in front of Mee Deggi and claimed. Just about the most obvious pos-hack botting ever. Called GM and stuck around for the next pop, and he did it again, and promptly disappeared from the server for, as far as I know, ever.

Short of something like that, it'd take a miracle for a GM to prove that someone was botting. Not worth the annoyance of dealing with them when you know they most likely can't and won't do anything.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    I don't bother to call a GM, it's just a waste of my time and the other camper's.

Personal Story?
    In a way, yes it's a bit of a personal story. I was known for my botting 'skills' (joke) way back when like 05ish. Some people still hold grudges and GM me first chance they get regardless. But all in all i'm just curious. Why would you call a GM on someone for something as little as claiming a NM? If it's an all out obvious he pos'd bot claimed situation understood. But if you have absolutely ZERO proof such as king arthro camp. That is just simple who's the luckiest player. You call a GM on someone for claiming a NM and risk their entire FF career. Some people have more than 2years of gameplay on this game. Seems like a selfish thing to do if you have no other proof than 'they claimed before you'

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's human nature to behave that way. In this case though, it's pretty much like you're asking for it. Almost every chance you get you bring up your own botting history, "Hey guys remember when I claimed 13 Faf's in a row with my BOT? That was EPIC! Too bad I got BANNED." etc. You've also never said "yeah that was probably a bad thing to do," etc., only that you don't anymore because you don't want to risk losing your progress.

It's not like I care or don't believe that, but maybe if you don't want people to GM you for botting, you shouldn't a.) bot, or b.) brag about it. If you don't do either of those things, then you don't have anything to worry about. And if these are completely random people who don't know you at all/reporting everyone who beats them to a claim, then they're clearly douche bags who care a little too much.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses View Post
    I've had a few people tell me they were calling a gm on my claim. I just smile and encourage them to do so. Why is that? Because I don't bot and have nothing to hide.
    Good luck with that. GM's have banned for much dumber shit.

ibt "Why are you holding that antlion Mr. Beastmaster?"

Botted Dec.05-Aug.08, 0 suspensions/bans, claimed afk numerous times, postmaint, I'm convinced people who get banned for botting talk about it or forgot to uncheck POS. Recently I've seen the light of instanced content and decided to stray away from risking my account for others. I'm saved

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Well I guess BG people aren't too much like alla people. Everytime i post on alla about anything everyone is always like "this coming from a botter" so i just kind of get used mentioning that i did before. As for bragging about it that was only 1 thread and it fit the topic if i remember correctly. Also i like to think of it as owning up to it as i also mentioned in the same thread. But then again this thread wasn't really about me as i stated. I don't know if people call GM me after every NM i kill or what. I just know from what people say about other people. It's always this person bots call a GM on this person. People don't realize when they call a GM on someone for something not an obvious offense like POSing it risks that user's account, time and money. Just seems like the whole population is into getting someone banned before they realize what they're doing. In my opinion if you get anyone banned other than POSing or other obvious mechanic abuse. you're a complete asshole.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Good luck with that. GM's have banned for much dumber shit.

You are talking to the guy who at KA would "tell" if someone else is botting or not, aka basically the kind of person the OP is mentioning.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    That's still one of the funniest things I've encountered in FFXI so far.

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

I wanna know how many people are out there that everytime they miss a NM claim they immediately think that the person who claimed bots. Now c'mon i know there's a huge number out there that thinks this immediately no matter what. The worst ones are the people who go as far as to calling a GM on the person who claimed the NM fair and square. See in my opinion a GM isn't gonna randomly look to see if you're using common 3rd pt programs we all use. But let's say you camp NMs a lot and everytime you claim there's atleast 1 person who has a hissy fit says you bot and calls a GM. Now a GM has to come and investigate you and even though you didn't bot claim the NM you were using let's say a windower script that did something unusual and GM caught this and now you've been flagged as a 3rd pt program user and will be suspended/banned. That was JUST AN EXAMPLE. Do no make this thread out to be a 'se doesn't care about windower' please try to see around what's given. I'd just like to see how many people actually think "that fucker bot'd that claim" everytime someone claims. I for one do it occasionally. I've only GM'd a few though. I actually mean a few as in 1-3.
    can you please type in paragraphs

Well I guess BG people aren't too much like alla people. Everytime i post on alla about anything everyone is always like "this coming from a botter" so i just kind of get used mentioning that i did before. As for bragging about it that was only 1 thread and it fit the topic if i remember correctly. Also i like to think of it as owning up to it as i also mentioned in the same thread. But then again this thread wasn't really about me as i stated. I don't know if people call GM me after every NM i kill or what. I just know from what people say about other people. It's always this person bots call a GM on this person. People don't realize when they call a GM on someone for something not an obvious offense like POSing it risks that user's account, time and money. Just seems like the whole population is into getting someone banned before they realize what they're doing. In my opinion if you get anyone banned other than POSing or other obvious mechanic abuse. you're a complete asshole.
    please?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

^lol

I used to get so mad when I would miss sozu claim cause I camped him so much, but never GMed people for boting, even when the "omg everyone knows he bots hes gonna claim oh shit look he claimed he for sure bots" people would claim, cause GMs never do shit. Plus you never really know if they bot anyways unless they slip up somehow, actually the only time I ever called GM was when I had an error with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chezo View Post
    ^lol

I used to get so mad when I would miss sozu claim cause I camped him so much, but never GMed people for boting, even when the "omg everyone knows he bots hes gonna claim oh shit look he claimed he for sure bots" people would claim, cause GMs never do shit. Plus you never really know if they bot anyways unless they slip up somehow, actually the only time I ever called GM was when I had an error with the game.
    It was way more fun to drag Bonzey up into the room to deal with botters anyway >.>

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    It was way more fun to drag Bonzey up into the room to deal with botters anyway >.>
    mhm. hated sozu 0/80+ about the same as kraken club BC atm. I never had the nerve to go and get a 100% thf knife. i ended up buying it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I left Decimation quest at the NM stage for so long just for having fun with gilsellers at that damn camp, till the update they changed it.
    That sapling is nasty :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Lately ive been working on fishing, and I always think its funny when non-rmt players are down in SSG catching/releasing nebominites for 6 hours because their inventory is full. Usually I dont call bot unless its blatant, even then its not even worth the GMCall+1 because I know they dont do anything about it. But every once in a while I will assume bot when its unjustified, but like I said not even worth the gm call so no harm no foul. They dont know or care that I said "I just got outclaimed by this @#$%@#$ bot" in my linkshell.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

yea I loved bonze, one of the only places you could do a easy MPK after the patch, I usually only MPK'd RMT but I guess they were probably botting anyways

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

mhm. hated sozu 0/80+ about the same as kraken club BC atm. I never had the nerve to go and get a 100% thf knife. i ended up buying it.
    im 1/1 on my own thf knife, then went 2/2 later(sold that one) then went 5/8 for a friend. please..dont kill me ._.