+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sceptical about job offer (Reliasource?)

So I have my resume up on monster for IT positions. I recieved a call about an hour ago from a person name Joe Zuramski with a company called Reliasource (sp?) I have googled and found their web page but something about it seems fishy. The position is for 2 days unhooking moving and rehooking computers to a network. I was told it was on government property. 20/hour. Naturally I'm sceptical about anything or anyone that finds me on the web even if its from monster.

I'm supposed to be recieving more details about the position by email in the morning. I will be talking to my instructor and father about this to see what they say. I have googled the number that I recieved from caller id and the person (Same number 410-690-3000) when called you get the normal company name details and enter extension now or for employee directory press 1 ETC.

Should I be sceptical or does this sound legit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikith View Post
    So I have my resume up on monster for IT positions. I recieved a call about an hour ago from a person name Joe Zuramski with a company called Reliasource (sp?) I have googled and found their web page but something about it seems fishy. The position is for 2 days unhooking moving and rehooking computers to a network. I was told it was on government property. 20/hour. Naturally I'm sceptical about anything or anyone that finds me on the web even if its from monster.

I'm supposed to be recieving more details about the position by email in the morning. I will be talking to my instructor and father about this to see what they say. I have googled the number that I recieved from caller id and the person (Same number 410-690-3000) when called you get the normal company name details and enter extension now or for employee directory press 1 ETC.

Should I be sceptical or does this sound legit?
    If you get the normal company answerphone shenangans when you called them and there's a semi-decent website, it's not exactly suspicious. Still, get proper details of the people you're dealing with, against the (albeit slight-to-nonexistent in my opinion) chance of needing to sue them later.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Did you join a hiring recruitment service? I'm not too certain about monster.com but if it is just that (recruiter) then you have to ask yourself what companies have access to you and what they are going to do.

I google'd ReliaSource and found http://www.reliasource.net/index.html as a website.

Seems like ReliaSource is a staffing agency themselves. If you're skeptical just give them a call.

If it's not the same one, then I'd be wary.

Also: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/8/6b2/453

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

if its from monster then there is a huge chance that its a recruiter/temp agency contacting you for work. ive been listed on monster for a while now and get emails and calls from recruiting / temp agencies all the time.