Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 162

Thread: Resistance 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #121
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    65
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I'm really enjoying the single player so far, just playing it on Normal and its still pretty challenging, but still fun. Liking it more than the Gears 2 single player too.

  2. #122
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Yeah the campaign and story for resistance 2 is much better than Gears of War 2 imo.

  3. #123
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I just beat R1 today... I played on Easy just to get through it quickly, and I was still having some trouble in the later stages of the game..
    Going to wait for gamefly to send me R2 now.. hopefully I don't wait too long.

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ08 View Post
    Its not a completely different story. More of a parallel story. In single player you play as Hale and see the story from his eyes. In coop you play as specter teams. The coop story is told through intel which relates back to the main story and fills in gaps.
    Hope that helps you understand it a little better.
    Gotcha. It doesn't sound that bad.. I wonder why everyone's (by everyone i mean the crybabies over at gamefaqs) ripping the game a new one for doing that though.

  4. #124
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,001
    BG Level
    6

    Get it Exo

    You got my level 30 Medic (all equipments) @ your disposal, fully loaded, all maps unlocked, all trophies for co-op gotten

    going through leveling spec-ops/soldier at the same time, lvl 12 spec, lvl 10 soldier (grinding for xp + gray tech (currency used to purchase new equipment)

    good hint to get a lot of Grey Tech, is to play a shit ton of Orick, I get atleast 20+ everytime (sometime you will get hosed and get 1-10, but not most of the time)

  5. #125
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    45
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Anyone got advice for lvling spec-op in co-op? Spec-op is my favorite class but takes forever to lvl. Wish it was more like medic where you can easily get like 20-30k per match. Currently I just use the standard spec-op sniper rifle and just throw out ammo when I'm low or i see others are.

    Also is anyone else having an insanely hard time connecting to the co-op servers? I haven't done competitive too much so I'm not sure if the problems is there too but it usually takes me about 20-30 min to get into a match. I constantly get that the connection attempt to a match timed out.

  6. #126
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Im always close to the top on kills on spec ops, but a good medic will always get more points because they get a ton for healing as specs only get 30 xp a box.

  7. #127
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    45
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Yea isn't that crazy? A medic can heal multiple people at once for about 200 exp per person. I'd have to refill 7 people's ammo to match that. Not only do the people have to need the ammo, but I only get an ammo box approx. every 10 secs. So it takes me over a min to match the exp a medic makes from 1 person in 1-2 shots or about 2 seconds. /sigh oh well

    Is it possible to start a match, play like 75% as medic then change to spec-ops at the end? Will all the exp go to the spec-op or will it be broken up by job?

  8. #128
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    You can change mid mission yes. But u get xp for the job your on.

  9. #129
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    322
    BG Level
    4
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    We need to make a BG clan for this so we can kick ass together.

    Someone get on it b/c I wouldn't feel right doing it myself being such a forum nub as I am.

  10. #130
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    What was your ID? Also my data was corrupted and been put back to lv1 on everything. And same happened for my Motorstorm Pacific Rift data too...

  11. #131
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    322
    BG Level
    4
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    What was your ID? Also my data was corrupted and been put back to lv1 on everything. And same happened for my Motorstorm Pacific Rift data too...
    Askari0 (Go figure =P)

    Damn dude that sucks balls. Is it a well known issue?

  12. #132
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I was thinking about getting this... I don't have many games (WipeoutHD, PJE, Burnout Paradise.. haven't paid for any of em), so I might look into getting this. I didn't play the first. What could this be compared to?

  13. #133
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,383
    BG Level
    6

    I'll also probably be getting this this weekend; just got my PS3 at xmas and have been wanting this for a long time. All my friends have 360 though so don't really know anyone to play with.. and that's really my favorite part about console gaming (played a LOT of Halo 3, for instance, co-op as well as regular multiplayer) so having some people to play with will be nice..

  14. #134
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I was thinking about getting this... I don't have many games (WipeoutHD, PJE, Burnout Paradise.. haven't paid for any of em), so I might look into getting this. I didn't play the first. What could this be compared to?
    Hmmmm, kinda hard to compare this to other shooters, due to story, setting etc.

    It's an excellent game, havent played in a while tho, ffxi and fallout 3 eatin up my time.

  15. #135
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    just starting playing this. had the hardest time on mission 6 when your in that small room with a flood of Grimms. all I had was a bullseye II and the Splicer. I died like 8times before I found the shotgun on the computer.
    Is my brightness set too low, or is alot of the game just generally way too dark in some parts?

  16. #136
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    322
    BG Level
    4
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    It does get really dark at times but I believe that left on the D-pad is flashlight.

  17. #137
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Askari0 View Post
    It does get really dark at times but I believe that left on the D-pad is flashlight.
    yeah i know how to use the flashlight lol, that wasn't really what I was talking about.

    wtf at the ending. Halo2 all over again.

  18. #138
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    I feel late to the party, but I was busy with Fallout 3 when this game came out. I wasn't a huge fan of the first so I wasn't to hyped about this game, but I must say, I am very pleasantly surprised.

    The online is greatness and I don't play to many online shooters so I didn't expect to do great, but I must toot my own horn and say I have been doing an amazing job. Only downfall is that my nephew uses my account so most my stats are represented by him. But whenever I play I am normally in 1st or 2nd, but it seems like every third or fourth game I am bound to do horrid.

    I just unlocked the Auger for my Spec Op in Co-op and I must say, I have been laughing aloud the entire time I equip it. With the sniper rifle, auger, and invisibility it is impossible to die or get less then 50k points each round. That gun is the sexii.

    It seems I am a bit late in playing it since they nerfed Medic before I could get my hands on it. So I must admit, I cheated and played Medic in offline and got it to level 30 in just a few hours. Strange to be able to cheat like that on an online game lol. I just wanted it to be 30 because I am tired of playing games where nobody wants to use medic or playing with medics that seemingly don't even know they can heal. What the hell do they think the job does??

    Solider is the only one I haven't gotten into, still level 10. I hear it gets a lot better at level 22 though. Maybe when I get the time I will take that up more.

  19. #139
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    i was never a fan of the mega fast paced style of online that resistance had.I guess it would be Unreal style? I much prefer the Halos, and Call of Dutys of the world to the online in this game sad to say.

  20. #140
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,218
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Badkarma View Post
    i was never a fan of the mega fast paced style of online that resistance had.I guess it would be Unreal style? I much prefer the Halos, and Call of Dutys of the world to the online in this game sad to say.
    I say is far from unreal style, in unreal tournament you die before you even pop, in resistance if you don't shoot on pop you get like 3 sec of invincibility where nothing can kill you and you can run away.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast