Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 162

Thread: Resistance 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #141
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    Exactly. I am not a fan of unreals style either. But I really like the online for this, mostly the co-op online. I haven't done much of the PvP online here.

    Only other shooter online that I like is MGO.

  2. #142
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    65
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I took a short break from leveling my medic to play different games, but how did they patch it? I must have missed it.

    But both Soldier and Spec-Ops become incredibly burly later on. Soldier gets the beserks that reflect damage and recharges their shield, and Spec-Ops gets the Pulse Cannon and mines. Medic is the one that gets screwed in the later levels, just because no one takes damage and everything dies so fast.

  3. #143
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    They patched medic by having it get 10x less exp when healing people. Went from 200xp per heal to something like 30.

    But medic is still extremely easy to level offline, you can take it from 1-30 within a few hours. By far the easiest job to level.

    I don't like the pulse canon for Spec Ops, I'd prefer to use the invisibility every time.

  4. #144
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    Anybody here that still plays in a clan? I loved Co-op but I think I over did it. I maxed all three jobs in less then a week. So now I'm trying out competitive. Not as used to that. Hopefully we get some DLC soon for Co-op, maybe some new maps, or possibly a new job and higher the level cap.

  5. #145
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,218
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Anybody here that still plays in a clan? I loved Co-op but I think I over did it. I maxed all three jobs in less then a week. So now I'm trying out competitive. Not as used to that. Hopefully we get some DLC soon for Co-op, maybe some new maps, or possibly a new job and higher the level cap.
    New maps would be awesome, sadly i dont see what new jobs they could add. I just hope the game doesn't die soon i still need to get the 10k kill trophy.

  6. #146
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Man wtf when I try to update resistance 2 my ps3 restarts with that loud beeping sound and takes me back to the crossbar.

  7. #147
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    That's weird. Are you talking about the 1.40 patch?

  8. #148
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Yeah and I just read the forums and seems like some people are having the same problem

  9. #149
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Necro but does anybody still play this? I know a good number of people that played this regularly now play Killzone 2. I've recently decided to play it again and I'm still having some fun and frustration out of it and there are still a good number of people that still play this on co-op and competitive.

    edit: also there was a map pack released if anyone has noticed.

  10. #150
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    I've been thinking about coming back to this, I wasn't as blown away by Killzone as I thought I'd be, stopped playing that after two days. Those DL maps came out of nowhere, was randomly browsing the store about a month back and noticed it. Have you played them? Are they just for competitive and not co-op?

  11. #151
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I haven't bought the map pack yet so I'm not sure

  12. #152
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    45
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Yes a lot of ppl still play this. I've been playing since it was released. Unfortunately this game suffers from some of the worst connection problems I've ever seen. Myself and many others on the resistance 2 forums have reported that when they try to play online it takes the game multiple (5-20+) attempts to connect to the game. Apparently the developers have taken the stance that this is not their fault and the only way to improve this is to do some magic with your wireless router/modem. Other than that, this is the most fun FPS i've played since Perfect Dark on N64 (I can't stand Halo).

    Anyway the Map pack that was released is pretty meh. It's only for competitive mode and if you play ranked matches you'll never see any of them come up. Only place you'll see them come up is in unranked matches and since you don't earn exp in unracked competitive matches there's no real point to playing them.

    The extra skins though are pretty cool and fun.

  13. #153
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,216
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Been plugging away at some co-op trying to level my Medic to 30 for the sweet sweet trophy, and been wondering a couple things.

    On my profile page, it says I have 3 out of 10 missions completed for a particular level (Chicago, since I can't select anything else). When I hosted those runs (8-player ran surprisingly well, no one bitched about lag over mic the or anything), there was no option to choose said missions. Is it just luck of the draw that you get the particular mission assigned that you need upon load-out, or is the game literally just asking me to beat the one level 10 times, regardless of what instance gets selected?

    Going to be playing the game single-player for a bit, I want to hoarde all the offline trophies first before I bother getting the more-reasonable online ones.


    I mean, 10k kills in a ranked competitive mode? Yeah right.........how do you even determine if a game is ranked or not anyways? I didn't see a separate lobby or a filter for it.

  14. #154
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    45
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Is it just luck of the draw that you get the particular mission assigned that you need upon load-out
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I mean, 10k kills in a ranked competitive mode? Yeah right.........how do you even determine if a game is ranked or not anyways? I didn't see a separate lobby or a filter for it.
    I'm not at home so I can't be 100% but when you choose "Competitive" from the main menu you are brought to a new menu with several options. The first option at the top is ranked matches (pretty sure it's called "Ranked Matches"). The option right below that is unranked matches (again pretty sure it's called "Unranked Matches"). So i'm not sure how you can't tell which you're in.

    If that didn't clear it up here are some other ways to tell which your in:

    Ranked matches give EXP at the end, unranked don't. If you see your EXP bar come up and increase after a match, your in Ranked.

    Ranked matches only last 1 round, unranked can have multiple rounds. If when your done with the match it kicks you back to the main menu, you were in a ranked match.

    Ranked matchs automatically set you up w/ a level and game type (assuming you didn't put any level/game filters on). If you're looking through that big list of games with different levels and game types, you're in the unranked games sub-menu.

    Hope that helps.

  15. #155
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,216
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Oh jeez, going to be an utter bitch keeping track of which co-op missions I need or not since the game doesn't define them at all. Thanks a lot Insomniac Studios!

  16. #156
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    But it does. I can't recall exactly where since I haven't played in some time but its near when you pick the levels.

  17. #157
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,216
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Yeah, I found the mission completion info under the profile for the 3 game modes. Still retarded that you can't specifically choose which one you need, but then I guess the other players would never bother joining the matches they didn't need within a particular map.

    Does XP gain become faster as you level up by any chance? On one round with a medic of a higher level, he managed to keep 10k XP ahead of me (he was in 1st on the score chart, me following in 2nd with a finish of 16k XP on my end) no matter how hard I was working at my class, with the only real difference being he was a higher rank and class level than I. Perhaps the unlocks make all the difference?

  18. #158
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    When playing medic on coop I use the paralyze aoe berserk to rack up in exp

  19. #159
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    Once you are higher level you will rack up exp a lot easier 50-80k a game easy.

  20. #160
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    38
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    This game is awesome. I have for PS3.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast