Page 102 of 133 FirstFirst ... 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 2021 to 2040 of 2644

Thread: NBA 2008-2009 Season     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2021
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post

    Really. Jordan is Jordan is Jordan. The world was a very different place during his time. It'd be ridiculous to think someone would be able to touch his legacy just with stats...because that was only a part of what made Jordan the star he is.

    In this day and age, with the way sports, the media, society...THE WORLD has changed, it's impossible to ever replace/tarnish/diminish his legacy.
    Seriously. He turned the Bulls into the NBA's version of the Cowboys. Jordan literally brought an entire country together (except for NY/Atlanta/LA/Utah). Jordan was the Obama before it was even hip to like black people.

    Edit: (i'm agreeing with you)

  2. #2022
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Dude, he's literally the most well known athlete in the world. The entire fucking world. With the way things are now, I can't see anyone being able to pull off a feat like that again from ANY sport.

  3. #2023
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,226
    BG Level
    6

    He also singlehandedly tore down the Berlin Wall, parted the Red Sea and defeated Bruce Lee in hand to hand combat, yeah yeah yeah.

    I'm talking about sports achievement and for awhile Kobe looked liked he could do it. He learned a lot of Jordan's moves and the media was promoting him exactly how they are promoting Lebron now.

    Hey I don't blame you guys, if I was a bandwagon Jordan fan like everyone was back then, I'd hate Kobe too but don't claim the reason you hate him is because of his attitude, court problems or ball hogging because Jordan has done the exact same things.

    At least the other 1% actually has real reasons to hate him.

  4. #2024
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Uh. I'm a neutral party. I don't hate or like Kobe. He's just one of the more talented NBA players of this generation. Same for Lebron. That's honestly how I see it.

    I was just making the point that Jordan's legacy extends far beyond the basketball court. Something that's not likely to ever happen again in such a fashion any time soon.

    Edit: And I'd love to see Jordan's records broken. I love to see records broken period. It's exciting stuff. What's the point in playing if you're not trying to be the best?

  5. #2025
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,226
    BG Level
    6

    Didn't mean you, meant the hundreds of Kobe haters that appear out of the woodworks when something happens with the Lakers.

  6. #2026
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Stee View Post
    appear out of the woodworks
    Sorry to derail for a sec, but wtf did that saying come from anyways. Every once in a while shit like that pops out at me and I can't stop thinking about it till I know...

    Edit: Nvm, found it. Makes sense now, der der der.

    "The expression alludes to insects crawling out of the interior wooden fittings of a house, such as baseboards and moldings."

  7. #2027
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,226
    BG Level
    6

    No idea lol, I think it was originally used when termites and bugs came out of the woodworks of homes.

  8. #2028
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Yeah. I have this thing about pot and smoking too much of it.

  9. #2029
    Pro
    Pro is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    I couldn't give two shits of his off the court(basketball) problems. Fact of the matter is, Kobe is a beast with a ball in his hands (Hello 81 points). It's just funny to see people come out and hate on him for banging that white girl, and cheating on his wife LOL. WhatTheFuckEver, he's not the first nor the last that will be doing that...The man can play, whether he's on the Lakers or he's on the Knicks, that you *cannot* deny, otherwise you're blinded by your own bias opinions on him- Don't worry though, you guys might have him on your team once he opts out of his contract next year, so you guys can hop on his nuts at that point in time too.

  10. #2030
    Cardiac Cat
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,604
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Nice name. I love irony.

  11. #2031
    Pro
    Pro is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    k

  12. #2032
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,133
    BG Level
    8

    kobe cheated and raped someone oh god hes a terrible fuckin basketball player

    shame on you kobe

  13. #2033
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    852
    BG Level
    5

    I don't like kobe ->

  14. #2034
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Anyways, back to LBJ not shaking hands and being unapologetic about it, the PTI guys said it best: Boxers have all kinds of bad intentions towards their opponent before and during a fight but they still hug and shake hands with the guy afterwards.

    I'm all for the competitive fire in LBJ (after all he did get questioned about it earlier in his career) but it still comes off as crybaby-ish when you can't give the other team props.

  15. #2035
    IT ONLY TOOK 11 YEARS.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    375
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Devia Danoma
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I swear, this thread gets trolled so hard I can't even tell when someone is serious anymore. And yes, sportsmanship counts. I really had nothing bad to say about Lebron ... until now.

  16. #2036
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,226
    BG Level
    6

    This guy really tore into LBJ,

    King James left the playoffs as a loser - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

    have to say I'm really surprised some of the "Lebron can do no wrong" army is turning on him for something like this.

  17. #2037
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,410
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Stee View Post
    This guy really tore into LBJ,

    King James left the playoffs as a loser - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

    have to say I'm really surprised some of the "Lebron can do no wrong" army is turning on him for something like this.
    They are just hating on Lebron.

    The Cavs will just trade Joe Smith for Shaq, and then they will win the Championship. Seems like a fair trade to me.

  18. #2038
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,410
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro View Post
    I couldn't give two shits of his off the court(basketball) problems. Fact of the matter is, Kobe is a beast with a ball in his hands (Hello 81 points). It's just funny to see people come out and hate on him for banging that white girl, and cheating on his wife LOL. WhatTheFuckEver, he's not the first nor the last that will be doing that...The man can play, whether he's on the Lakers or he's on the Knicks, that you *cannot* deny, otherwise you're blinded by your own bias opinions on him- Don't worry though, you guys might have him on your team once he opts out of his contract next year, so you guys can hop on his nuts at that point in time too.
    Kobe is good, but not the Greatest of all time. He isnt even the best Laker of all time. Kobe is definitely first time automatic Hall of Fame.

  19. #2039
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    415
    BG Level
    4

    People dislike/hate Alex Rodriguez.
    People dislike/hate Terrell Owens.
    People dislike/hate Kobe Bryant.

    There are villains and bad guys in every sport and these guys are very silimar in a lot of ways. Talent level, team cancer, general dislike by everyone besides their home fans. Its not real difficutl to see why people would hate Kobe and no its not because everyone is oh so envious of him. His character/personality is very similar to the guys mentioned above who also have the same sort of image problems. Now i dont think there are many people out there who are fans of all three of the guys above so take the one that you dont particularly like and compare him to the guy on the list that you do maybe like even a little bit. Then you can see where others are coming from.

    Now personally, I feel like ARod is the lesser of three evils but to each his own.

  20. #2040
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,402
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I choose Terrell Owens as the most likable of the three.

    I might even watch him in the new TV show "Superstars" on June 23. Terrell Owens set for new-look 'Superstars' - ESPN

Page 102 of 133 FirstFirst ... 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2009-2010 NBA Season, Lebron to Miami!
    By Dimmauk in forum Sports
    Replies: 3795
    Last Post: 2010-10-01, 17:40
  2. 2009 MLB season discussion*
    By fren. in forum Sports
    Replies: 7026
    Last Post: 2010-02-08, 14:00
  3. Replies: 1855
    Last Post: 2009-05-19, 10:55
  4. NCAA Football Season 2008(War Eagle)
    By Melchiah in forum Sports
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 2008-08-23, 08:14
  5. Replies: 1076
    Last Post: 2008-06-30, 19:06
  6. 2008 MLB season
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-04-08, 18:25
  7. 2008 MLB Season
    By Lordcaim in forum Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-03-05, 08:25
  8. NBA Regular Season 2007-08
    By Rigor in forum Sports
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2007-11-16, 08:49