Page 123 of 133 FirstFirst ... 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 2441 to 2460 of 2644

Thread: NBA 2008-2009 Season     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2441
    GRT
    GRT is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,272
    BG Level
    7

    what are you talking about, Rubio is - dire I say - the guy with the brightest future out of all the picks tonight in this year's lame draft, I hope he does go back to Spain and come back later more matured instead of disappears in a beyond subpar franchise whose idiotic GM uses two consecutive picks for two small point guards

  2. #2442
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,434
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    what are you talking about, Rubio is - dire I say - the guy with the brightest future out of all the picks tonight in this year's lame draft, I hope he does go back to Spain and come back later more matured instead of disappears in a beyond subpar franchise whose idiotic GM uses two consecutive picks for two small point guards
    Maybe that is why he picked back to back PGs. If Rubio does go play for spain, then they still have a very good rookie PG.

    Also, how did the Spurs get Dejuan Blair? Next up for the Spurs will be Anderson Varejao or Ilgauskas.

  3. #2443
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    I'd like to know how a guard with no scoring skills from a historically soft euro league has the brightest future....

  4. #2444
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,434
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I'd like to know how a guard with no scoring skills from a historically soft euro league has the brightest future....
    He played very well in the Olympics. I also kinda agree too. Teams have been trying to find the next Tony Parker, and many thought Rubio was/is it.

  5. #2445
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    International and olympic basketball are quite a bit different than NBA though. It's a much more finesse game internationally. I can see him as a poor man's Steve Nash, but not much else. Maybe he'll end up being as good as Nash, and if he does, then he'll probably be the most successful of this draft class. I like Tyreke Evans and Johnny Flynn much more though. I'd also like to see how Ty Lawson ends up. I think he can be the biggest bust or the biggest steal.

  6. #2446
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,434
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    International and olympic basketball are quite a bit different than NBA though. It's a much more finesse game internationally. I can see him as a poor man's Steve Nash, but not much else. Maybe he'll end up being as good as Nash, and if he does, then he'll probably be the most successful of this draft class. I like Tyreke Evans and Johnny Flynn much more though. I'd also like to see how Ty Lawson ends up. I think he can be the biggest bust or the biggest steal.
    He will do awesome backing up Billups, who will mentor him into a very solid pro.

  7. #2447
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I wanted Terrence Williams

    Rumors are out in the Charlotte Observer that Steph could be sent by Golden State to the Suns as part of a Amare Stoudamire deal after July 1st.

    It's on the front page here and in the news, I guess we will see next month!

  8. #2448
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    He will do awesome backing up Billups, who will mentor him into a very solid pro.
    Exactly, there is no better person to learn from than Chauncey. Lawson will do very well imo.

  9. #2449
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    Exactly, there is no better person to learn from than Chauncey. Lawson will do very well imo.
    I was so happy when they announced that he was going to denver, he is going to learn from one of the best and he gets to play for a contender.

  10. #2450
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Yeah same lol, I'm just glad Steph didn't go to the Wolves. Fuck that place, I mean I was pissed when they took Lawson as is.

    Only Minnesota can waste talent lik Corey Brewer and McCants. Let them leave and see what's up.

  11. #2451
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,434
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    Yeah same lol, I'm just glad Steph didn't go to the Wolves. Fuck that place, I mean I was pissed when they took Lawson as is.

    Only Minnesota can waste talent lik Corey Brewer and McCants. Let them leave and see what's up.
    Can the T-Wolves change their name to the D-Wolves? They are a D-League team, AMIRITE?

  12. #2452
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Can the T-Wolves change their name to the D-Wolves? They are a D-League team, AMIRITE?
    lol bascically. Oh and I forgot they have Kevin Love, god they are awful.

  13. #2453
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,434
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    lol bascically. Oh and I forgot they have Kevin Love, god they are awful.
    I feel bad for him and Al.

    I wonder how well Darko will do in New York, and Dantoni's(i can only use one apostrophe at a time) fast Euro style offense? I kinda think he will do well.

  14. #2454
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    No, I am convinced there is no hope for Darko. Good thing Joe Dumars has an eye for talent and passed on that Dwayne Wade guy.

  15. #2455
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,434
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    How do you feel about Jordan buying the Bobcats?

  16. #2456
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,226
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    what are you talking about, Rubio is - dire I say - the guy with the brightest future out of all the picks tonight in this year's lame draft, I hope he does go back to Spain and come back later more matured instead of disappears in a beyond subpar franchise whose idiotic GM uses two consecutive picks for two small point guards
    Only a few players in the NBA have been able to pick and demand the team they wanted to be on from draft time but they at least had the talent to back it up, even though it's still a asshole move.

    Drafting Ricky Rubio is basically drafting on pure future potential. His stats right now in the Euroleague is pretty horrible, he turns the ball over ALOT, shoots a low percentage, can't finish around the rim. His pros are basically his court vision and decision making.

    I can see this kid becoming good in the NBA if and only if he's coached well, but his skill level right now doesn't warrant him to go around picking and choosing which team he wants when the wolves just used their 5th pick on him.

  17. #2457
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    How do you feel about Jordan buying the Bobcats?
    Great, cause he's not Bob Johnson

    Plus Jordan, Larry Brown, Dean Smith (who is in Charlotte atm)...would never move seeing as how they are NC blood through and through. Bob Johnson has such a backlash here in Charlotte because he is an idiot, he turned a lot of people off when in our first 3 seasons he signed an exclusive TV deal with some bullshit ass channel you could only get through Satellite. Which is why were never on TV, even in our viewing area.

    We got that resolved now and with Larry Brown in, us missing the playoffs by 2 games all bode well for us. Things are looking up once we completely remove him from the picture.

  18. #2458
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,434
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I'm still shocked the Spurs got Dejuan Blair. The guy was in the top 4 for player of the year.

  19. #2459
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    He's a monster.

  20. #2460
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,434
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Everyone here keeps talking about getting Rasheed, but I almost rather have Anderson Varejao or Ilgauskas. Need to get rid of Matt "the Red Rocket" Bonner.

Page 123 of 133 FirstFirst ... 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2009-2010 NBA Season, Lebron to Miami!
    By Dimmauk in forum Sports
    Replies: 3795
    Last Post: 2010-10-01, 17:40
  2. 2009 MLB season discussion*
    By fren. in forum Sports
    Replies: 7026
    Last Post: 2010-02-08, 14:00
  3. Replies: 1855
    Last Post: 2009-05-19, 10:55
  4. NCAA Football Season 2008(War Eagle)
    By Melchiah in forum Sports
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 2008-08-23, 08:14
  5. Replies: 1076
    Last Post: 2008-06-30, 19:06
  6. 2008 MLB season
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-04-08, 18:25
  7. 2008 MLB Season
    By Lordcaim in forum Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-03-05, 08:25
  8. NBA Regular Season 2007-08
    By Rigor in forum Sports
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2007-11-16, 08:49