Finally getting this soon D:
Look me up as "ħÿĐę" and add me if you want, will jump straight into some versus though since that is what is making me get this![]()
Podcast: Chet Flaiszek Talks Left 4 Dead's Future, Old Man Murray's Past, And How to Write Subtly
It's a pretty good watch if you feel like sitting through it. Chet Flaiszek from Valve gets right to it and lets everyone know DLC is gonna be announced pretty soon.
Fuck yea DLC!
This game is so awesome online I have so much fun xD. Can add me on xbox360 gamertag is "Draylo"
Ok, kinda whoring myself out here.
Anyone up for some Expert playthroughs on the 360 version? I've got a solid group of 3 that has managed to complete 2 of them so far, but it's unlikely we'll beat the other two with the AI. Just looking for a solid 4th person that wants to beat the campaigns too. We mainly play around 11pm-2am PST, send me a PM if you're interested.
Just got this for the 360 for xmas and I was skeptical at first about it on the 360 but man it is so much fun. Great online. I love versus mode playing the horde.
Smoker is my favorite. I am still playing through the campaigns though got distracted playing versus.
I want to play Expert with some of the 360 players on here too; I've got about all of the achievements I'll be able to get with the AI. I won't be able to play for about a week, though, probably not until Friday. =/ But feel free to add me, and after this week, I'll be game to play any day. Gamertag: supafrench
Awesome, we should start up as soon as you're free to play again. I'll go add you, and my tag is The Dirty H0bo
Left 4 Dead: Major Left 4 Dead Update Coming Very Soon to PC, Console
Expect some news as early as next week!
better be some friggin bug fixes and exploit removals or this game is going to be collecting dust for a long time
The only problem I have with the game is the people who just ruin VS. campaigns by moving objects and removing any chance at completing missions. They just need to make them weigh more which isn't that hard to update.
For anyone having trouble with expert matches:
No Mercy, first cresendo: When you need to open the door after the train tracks, there is a weird pipe near the door. All four of you can go in there and stand or crouch. At least one person melees, one person can shoot safely at least. Zombies can only come from the front, use grenades as needed. Really easy.
No Mercy finale: There is an invisible ledge behind the building with the radio on it, strafe off sideways (if you don't go sideways, you'll just do the ledge grab recovery and need to be rescued) and you'll land on a small invisible platform. Boomers cannot reach you there, neither can normal infected. In six playthroughs using that area, not a single smoker was able to pull anyone off, but they can still grab you from above. However, you're all close together so its easy to melee free. Tanks cannot hurt you, I recommend everyone bring auto shotties and just pulverize him as he walks below you. It is possible for him to try and climb up to you, but if you keep shooting him he won't have a chance. He cannot throw rocks at you from there.
Hunters are still dangerous however, they can still jump you and still land on your head and claw you. However, again just melee.
Death Toll finale: Dock is the safest place to be. Everyone takes their gun of choice, put two people to watch over the front, and one on each side. Boomers, Hunters and Infected are easy mode from here. No zombies can ever climb up from the back (where the boat comes) so you can leave it unguarded. Smokers can still pull you off, but even if you do get pulled off, your allies can protect you long enough to get back up (that happened to me, I got pulled off but made it back up quick with no damage).
Tank will still give you trouble of course. Leave the dock when he comes and set him on fire. DO NOT TAKE HIM ANYWHERE NEAR THE WATER, IT WILL DOUSE THE FLAMES. However, I found that the damage is only paused, reigniting him continues the counter where it left off. Just move about through the house and around as needed until he dies, standard tank procedure. Return to the dock when he's dead, repeat until win.
Death Toll area 3: At the cresendo, there is a small inlet with an unopenable door. Hide there. Zombies can only come from the front. Two people crouch and melee constantly, two people stand behind and use auto shotgun. This spot is INCREDIBLY good and easy. I've survived the whole thing with no one taking damage, and I've also survived it with 3 people, none of us taking damage. There is almost always a tank right after though, so take care. Special infected cannot get you in the inlet as long as the front two melee constantly.
I have yet to beat Dead Air and Blood Harvest. I can get to the finales but its just too hard from there. Dead Air sucks because even though closet is easy as hell to exploit, tank just destroys us. He can smash carts around with no delay, instantly downing you. Also, in this area the game is very stingy with molotovs. Blood Harvest is just piss hard, there's no exploitable area as far as I know.
Most of those clans are talentless tools anyway. Rip them a new one, it's fun.
Sorry dude, but you're making this way harder than it has to be, or you're playing with people who suck. I'm not sure what to say about your "crescendo" strategies because they all have ridiculously easy ways to win. To each his own...
For the finales (use M4's):
No Mercy: Camp in the closet next to the radio. Shouldn't get hurt at all through the first two waves. As soon as tanks come, light him on fire and just use the terrain to your advantage. The pathing on the tank is horrible. Best thing to do is to jump on the radiator-ish thing next to the ammo room, wait for him to throw a rock at you, jump down, let him follow, and then go up the ladder. Rinse and repeat pretty much anywhere.
Death Toll: Ixnay on the Ockday. Take the house. Put someone on or using the chain gun, have someone else look at the roof where they always climb up, then have two on stairs/inside the house duty. When tanks comes, kite around the house area.
Dead Air: So incredibly easy. Camp the closet. When tanks come, light them and run to the plane. Kite them around the plane, they will never touch you. Run back to the closet, rinse, and repeat.
Blood Harvest: Read my post above.
Beaten every campaign countless times with these.
I've noticed that in the board where you have to escape through the sewers at the ladder to escape in versus mode, people playing as the infected will literally stand right on top of the opening. You can't move through them so you're essentially stuck. I've been seeing people doing it more and more lately. This update better have some good shit to it. Left 4 Dead has been collecting dust as of late.