Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 254

Thread: Version Update News 11/4     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #121
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    42
    BG Level
    1

    All I want for Christmas is my own Ultima spell.

  2. #122
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I think we'll see..

    SCH & DNC group 2 merits
    WoTG Bodies (if we don't I see my PLDs storming SE headquarters) but prolly not the end of WoTG missions. That might give us a ring/earring/cape/belt/cuddly toy... so we're not due that yet.


    What I'd like to see...
    SCH and DNC relic and af+1 (prolly a bit early but you never know)
    Increases to the limit of melee and magic skill points
    Some form of 30 -60 minute, instanced event designed for lowbie xp which is fun

  3. #123
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,304
    BG Level
    6

    Give me my white HQ bunny jug... if Satan had a jug pet it would be a white bunny - I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (Oh and a new non-sucky avatar for SMN... I don't want Atomos... what's he gonna do - stand there and wibble about vaguely menacingly?)

  4. #124
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Honestly..it isn't early for DNC/SCH AF+1/Relic, SE just took forever with ToAU because they were going to add a different system for it, but opted out and dropped it in Dynamis.

    1 year is the mark where the original Vanilla/Zilart jobs got their Relic, and even then it was only 3/6 pieces, then 5/6 then finally 6/6.

  5. #125
    They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,624
    BG Level
    7

    I wish they would add a dueling system ala WoW. How sweet would that be to just be able to challenge anybody at any time? (in a battle friendly zone) Current PvP systems suck serious balls.

    "Low level content" doesn't make any sense unless it's just new XP camps or other ways to get XP. Low level isn't something that people purposely hang around at, it's merely something you go through on the way to leveling up. I could see something that can be SCALED DOWN to do at a lower level, like Assaults. Low levels need a way to make money too, after all.

    I hope it isn't reverse-level syncing. Camps are already hard enough to come by. I don't need a bunch of level 50s at my fucking bird camp. Maybe they'll make it so low levels can sync up on mission fights or something. That wouldn't bother me. It would make the story-line more accessible to casual/slow-leveling players, and it would give people with only 1 (useless) job a way to get missions done. Instead of everyone in your CoP group leveling BLM for Ouryu, you just sync yours up to 50 and blast that mofo.

  6. #126
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    681
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    I think we'll see..

    SCH & DNC group 2 merits
    WoTG Bodies (if we don't I see my PLDs storming SE headquarters) but prolly not the end of WoTG missions. That might give us a ring/earring/cape/belt/cuddly toy... so we're not due that yet.


    What I'd like to see...
    SCH and DNC relic and af+1 (prolly a bit early but you never know)
    Increases to the limit of melee and magic skill points
    Some form of 30 -60 minute, instanced event designed for lowbie xp which is fun
    I dont think its so farfetched as to have the WoTG bodies be a rare/ex quest reward from WoTG mission-line where you could only pick 1 out of the 3(?) or so that are offered. I haven't really done much if any missions from WoTG but don't they all start off from the nation you started at considering the missions force you to complete stupid ass nation specific quests >_>

  7. #127
    LD
    LD is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by rithridan View Post
    I dont think its so farfetched as to have the WoTG bodies be a rare/ex quest reward from WoTG mission-line where you could only pick 1 out of the 3(?) or so that are offered. I haven't really done much if any missions from WoTG but don't they all start off from the nation you started at considering the missions force you to complete stupid ass nation specific quests >_>
    ......................

    http://www.myspacebully.com/STFU_com...omments_C4.jpg


    AN and we can get all of them.
    Get your venomous talk out of here.

  8. #128
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    It hurts to say it but that kinda makes a lot of sense. Except I really don't want to be Windurstian.

    I'm hoping they do release SCH relic and the bodies at the same time... so I can find out whether I can get fresh without having to buy an Ixion Cloak or vermy. You have no idea how much I hate vermies.

    Think there's room for two more jobs worth of relic in dyna?

  9. #129
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    267
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Think there's room for two more jobs worth of relic in dyna?
    Sure. They just have to add them into the second pool that they created for COR, BLU and PUP.

  10. #130
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,333
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    It hurts to say it but that kinda makes a lot of sense. Except I really don't want to be Windurstian.

    I'm hoping they do release SCH relic and the bodies at the same time... so I can find out whether I can get fresh without having to buy an Ixion Cloak or vermy. You have no idea how much I hate vermies.

    Think there's room for two more jobs worth of relic in dyna?
    just add sch to morg gear! problem solved! seriously though, it does seem to make a lot of sense to graft sch/dnc onto the salvage armors. each job was represented by them exactly once excepting these new jobs, just as the nyzul armors were and adding sch/dnc to the nyzul armors wasn't a game breaker. seems like a logical course of action to me. oh, and new imp wootz ingot sources please...

  11. #131
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,659
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    Definitely the worst one. The Stronghold are at least almost equally far away from the port-in, but Garlaige and Eldiemie are much closer and easier to get into, especially Eldimie which is like 100 yards and a handful of non-argoing TWs away. Tons more people would go to all 6 areas if they just added direct ports.

    A nice compromise might be if they allowed you to port on chocobo-back.
    Its a shame really... because the dungeon campaigns are some of the more fun areas to do campaign in.

    Still dont really get the reason why teleportation is denied for those specific 3 areas.

  12. #132
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Or they could just mirror the SCH 2hr and give unlimited use of CA and BA throughout the duration of Azure Lore.
    That alone would make it worthwhile I think.

  13. #133
    Member of Nikkei's Harem
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    455
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Still dont really get the reason why teleportation is denied for those specific 6 areas.
    fixed

    And I am pretty sure the intention IS to make them more difficult to hold; realistically it would be harder to move troops to those types of locations (reflected in the long delay between the announcement that they've come under attack and your army actually showing up to do the attacking) and this is reflected in the amount of difficulty involved in getting to them and mounting any sort of workable offense. This is working just fine and doesn't need to be changed; players are supposed to work harder, and work together, if they want to control these zones.

  14. #134
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,746
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Or make the BLU's entire spell library available, and make both CA and BA automatically active for the duration of Azure Lore. Then a BLU would only be limited by his MP (and by extension...HP)

  15. #135
    Faithe
    Guest

    If they want make something better then fix the magic system for FFXI. FFXI has the most retarded magic system. This is why I dropped my first job as black mage at level 18 and never looked back. Pet job only! I can never understand why on a monster that is weak to earth, I am better off nuking blizzard than stone. It is retarded. At the end of the game all you use is blizzard and thunder. It only got interesting lately with puk and gears but they really need to change the current setup. FFXI is friendly for retarded mages.

  16. #136
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,228
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Or they could just mirror the SCH 2hr and give unlimited use of CA and BA throughout the duration of Azure Lore.
    That alone would make it worthwhile I think.
    Oh the skillchain fun you could have with that.

  17. #137
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    53
    BG Level
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Iron Ram Body, or I start killing hostages.
    lol yes please!

    oo and more medals....

  18. #138
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,654
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Oh the skillchain fun you could have with that.
    Exactly the reason why it'd never happen. Even if some of the level 3 SC closers aren't the best damage (without SA), being able to do a near endless rotation of level 2s would be nuts.

  19. #139
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    For 30 seconds... that's not even really broken.
    On anything important Meikyo Shisui is probably going to get your more 'extra' damage even with a change like that.

  20. #140
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    78
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    This isn't update speculation (yet), but something I'd like to see (that would also maybe help the inventory issue) is a NPC who can combine elemental armor/weapons (Staves, Obis and Gorgets, I'm looking at you) into ONE PIECE that doesn't need to be swapped out all the time, perhaps with a slight penalty. For example, if you were to combine all 8 NQ elemental staves, you would get:

    Rainbow Staff:
    +3 to all stats
    Magic Accuracy +20
    Magic Attack +20
    Avatar perp -2

    % bonus is gone, but inv +7 and no need to swap and no day/weather penalty? I could live with that.

    In addition, Perhaps a system similar to NPC armor upgrades where points can be traded for changing the stats on armor. Maybe this would just be way too much data to handle, but it would go like this:

    Only available on Ra/Ex armor (hi2u AF/Relic)
    Points must be accumulated while wearing that armor (I would hate this in some cases, but I'm trying to think like SE)
    Low point cost for stat removal, high for addition
    Fixed types of stats, some job-specific, some trait specific
    Low variety so the data client-side doesn't get out of hand.

    Example:

    Saotome Domaru (current fail version)

    [Body] All Races
    DEF: 50 HP +34 VIT +6
    "Store TP" +3
    Enmity +1
    Lv. 74 SAM


    ...could be turned into one of the following:

    Saotome Domaru (Offense)
    [Body] All Races
    DEF: 50 HP +20 STR +6 DEX +6 Attack +6 Accuracy +6
    "Store TP" +6
    Enmity +6

    or

    Saotome Domaru (Defense)
    [Body] All Races
    DEF: 60 HP +50 VIT +6 AGI +6 Evasion +6 Damage taken -6%
    "Store TP" +6
    Enmity -6

    or

    Saotome Domaru (Support) - think /DNC
    [Body] All Races
    DEF: 50 HP +35 VIT +6 CHR +6 Accuracy +6 Evasion +6
    "Store TP" +6


    or maybe even:

    Saotome Domaru (Ranged)
    [Body] All Races
    DEF: 60 HP +50 STR +6 AGI +6 Ranged Attack +6 Ranged Accuracy +6
    "Store TP" +6
    Enmity -6

    This is something completely new, could make crap gear useful, possibly good gear better, and save inventory (in the case of the elemental items)




    ---


    I'm hoping the custom dungeons is what they're introducing. Being able to make a perfect exp camp accessible from zilart areas would be a very useful tool.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. POL NEWS : version update (Dec. 8)
    By Dayner in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 2008-12-06, 10:39
  2. December Version Update Preview (11/17/2008)
    By Dulek in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 2008-11-20, 06:38
  3. The Version Update Has Arrived! (11/19/2007)
    By Pergo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 250
    Last Post: 2007-11-19, 21:48
  4. /yawn "Community Beta Version Update (28/11/2006)"
    By spooky in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2006-12-02, 12:06
  5. Version Update Highlights (11/22/2006)
    By Black in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 298
    Last Post: 2006-11-28, 21:45
  6. Upcoming Version Update (11/20/2006)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 2006-11-21, 02:05