+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Would anyone be able to explain this?

Recently, my internet has been behaving very erratically, and my internet has been jumping from full strength to 1% connectivity, or even going as far as to terminate the connection completely, and I was playing FFXI when this happened and I got this after FFXI shut down, and Data Execution Prevention had shut down PlayOnline when it d/c'd.

==========================
    What is Data Execution Prevention?

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that can help prevent damage to your computer from viruses and other security threats. Harmful programs can try to attack Windows by attempting to run (also known as execute) code from system memory locations reserved for Windows and other authorized programs. These types of attacks can harm your programs and files.

DEP can help protect your computer by monitoring your programs to make sure that they use system memory safely. If DEP notices a program on your computer using memory incorrectly, it closes the program and notifies you.
    ==========================

I've scanned with AVG AntiVirus, Spybot S&D, and AntiVir PE and they don't find anything suspicious, what I'm wondering is is this related to why my internet is being less-than-functional?

There are a total of 5 Computers on my Network, and we've made the network so it's invisible and it has to be added manually for you to connect to it.

Every computer is working just fine except for mine.

Any suggestions?