Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Flying in Draenor is fucking annoyingly stupid to get.

I quit again. Getting to 100 is easy (2-3 days of solid gameplay), Garrison is really stupid. Progression is wonky and kind of dumb for gear. I was getting 640+ gear from some quests and like 585-600 from others. Instances are complete facerolls at any gear level. Didn't bother grinding anything.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks it's nice to know the costs, and also nice to know it doesn't take thatttttt long.
    Also good to know I can solo it all, I was getting group paranooid haha

Yeh the pvp thing is weird, it's not important, but it's just that I expected pvp to be always on if I'm on a pvp server, but yet was confused why I couldn't attack and nor could the alliance just go around killing everything in town.

edit: thanks zet, didn't know you played. but I don't think I'll last long. Not buying WoD just yetttt until I can be sure people are actually playing. I only used my gold store to reactivate at the moment.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah, on a PvP server it should have stayed the way it was.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

For getting a garrison gold mill up and running to just cover tokens it can take a bit of time since you'll need a level 2 inn to get the recruit follower dude so you can get some with treasure hunter(increased gold from missions) + get enough counters for those missions, dorf bunker for free follower upgrades(not as useful now since you can buy items off AH that increase their ilvl by 50 but those are a couple k each iirc)
    The Salvage yard, while being nerfed, is still a decent little earner at level 3 since big boxes hand out greens like candy, occasional blues and rarely epics from any level + a heap of WoD mats and follower upgrades and trading post to increase resource generation, all in all i'd say about a 10k or so startup cost but you'll easily make it back.

Another way to cover the cost of the token/suppliment garrison income is to run the cata raids each week on as many characters as you can stomach, DK and pala can do pretty much all of them on heroic at ilvl 650 so it easy enough to get started, no idea about warrior but might be a little harder since not as good self healing but could probably manage some of them.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    treasure hunting is also no prob as there's probably a guide somewhere ...
    Since the other stuff was mostly answered already: There are some addons that make it much easier finding treasures. Handy Notes and Handy Notes Draenor Treasures (can't remember if you needed both, but probably). They just add all the treasures to your map and usually mention how to get them if they aren't super obvious.

Also, if you have a good amount of money you can buy 3 elixirs of the rapid mind and get from level 90 to 100 in about 2 hours once you have flying. This makes leveling alts wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier but really screws with Garrison stuff since you'll probably be way behind in resources and followers.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/powerleveling-90-100

edit: ^ for cataclysm raids, you make the most money doing them on 25 man heroic if you can pull it off. Each boss drops ~125-130 gold + like 6? epics that all npc pretty well.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The heroic 25 man cata raid, 100+ gold for each kill? Amazing, I thought this was nerfed to the ground but I guess cata raids are untouched? Still, I gott level to 100 first (and buy WoD first) but I'll definitely keep this in the back of my mind.

Thanks for the info/links. I'll digest when I get home.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

All of the flying requirements can be soloed easily on a class with a tank spec. If you get Handy Notes as mentioned above, the treasure hunting portion should be done long before you hit lv100, just from killing nearby rares (effectively always up) and grabbing gear upgrade treasures, gold treasures, and Garrison resource treasures. The longest part is the rep grind once you hit 100.

Once you do hit 100, you can spend an hour or two in Ashran grinding PvP and grab an ilvl 700 weapon, which will make everything thereafter much easier. PvP gear no longer has a penalty in PvE, all there's no reason to use it until you get an upgrade, which is unlikely to happen until well into raiding. If you can stomach it, you could get a full set of 700's, though the secondary stat itemization won't be optimal.

If you have some spare cash in your pocket, at level 91 you can grab up to 3 pieces of WoD crafted ilv640's from the AH to use while leveling. Weapon/body/legs will be your best bet for total stat bonuses. Makes killing things even more of a breeze, and they'll last you well into 100.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks for the tip.

Done some timewalking dungeons this week.

Is it me or is it tuned a bit tight?

My DK, PLD and WAR have no real tank gear. On PLD the healer says I take so much damage, but didn't inspect my gear. The secret is the gear is of course PvP gear with some LFR pieces mixed in (from level 90). I'm guessing the "bonus armor" stat actually matters now? lol

Though I gotta admit it was fun wiping to Ozruk in Stonecore over and over. Just like the old days.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wait, PvP gear is OK for PvE?

Look at me wasting all this time in Heroics.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Heroics are a waste of time anyway, can get 650 gear from Tanaan.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I was doing them for the legendary ring thingy.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ahh that's fair.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Idk if i should of make a seperate thread for this but trying to weigh the pros and cons of playing on a Wrath private server or coming back to retail, i havent played since near the start of MoP i had all professions maxed quite a bit of gold a few rare mounts a couple of 90s but none of my friends play anymore and my guilds disbanded.

I was tempted to come back for Legion to see how things are although im told WoD is a bad expansion but i guess wouldnt be too much of a issue since id be busy lvling or w/e till Legion if i decide to play retail.
    Wrath server has exp/gold boost but id be starting from scratch, idk if its just nostalgia but i really enjoyed playing during Wrath so thats why i was thinking of trying this server.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I don't know why anyone would play on a private server, seems absolutely pointless.

Professions take no time, money doesn't take long, leveling is the only tedious thing and it's not even that bad anymore.

Reactivate if you wanna play. They offer scrolls of resurrection and stuff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If you can catch WoD on sale, I'd say to go for it. I picked it up for 75% off, and played for a month or two. I enjoyed it enough to do a run-through of all of the WoD content on tourist-mode.

I probably wouldn't recommend paying full retail for the expac, though. And without the current expac, you'll quickly run out of things to do, though there's probably more to do than on the private server. /shrug

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So i found out i can get a free 10 day trial of WoD w/o sub so i guess this is what ill be doing for next 10 days logged into my shammy and so much stuff in my bags i cant even remember what its for lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I was able to get a free week of time, a little before WoD was released, because I got a new phone and had to have Blizzard re-set the authenticator part of my account. Mentioned I might play WoW again, but wasn't sold on the idea, so they just gave me the game time to try it out; took me most of that time to get the UI/Mods installed so I could actually play. I ended up staying for WoD, and enjoyed it, but like yourself, I had zero friends or guild-members to do anything; spent a lot of it completing MoP content actually, once I'd seen most of WoD.

If you do decide to stick around a while, it can all be done via groupfinder, so you'll be able to see the content, minus some mythic only story lines, on final bosses. Even MoP raids are/were regularly farmed for mounts/pets/achievements, so that's still something that can bee seen.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Anyone on Shadow Council server on alliance? I'm thinking about coming back a bit early to play with some friends on that server, but they aren't coming back till the expac.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Anyone else having connection error 51900328? :/

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    Anyone else having connection error 51900328? :/
    Yes. If I stop paying attention for a little while it seems to kick me off with this error.