Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 660
  1. #501
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Am I the only Red Mage who wishes they wouldn't give us a fucking melee buff and gave us a mage buff?
    The only time I will ever support a rdm melee buff is if they change the name to red melee

  2. #502
    Groinlonger
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,963
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Refresh II please. No increase in strength, just longer duration and recast.

  3. #503
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,502
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Am I the only Red Mage who wishes they wouldn't give us a fucking melee buff and gave us a mage buff?
    That is the last fucking thing RDM needs.

  4. #504
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    That is the last fucking thing RDM needs.
    I disagree. A melee buff is the last thing RDM needs. This is second-to-last.

  5. #505
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    430
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    En-drain, En-aspir, En-feeble(eh? eh? ...)

    I still think tier 2 enspells could have potential, depending on the damage of them, for soloing purposes. But I agree with Rocl that they can't possibly do shit for end-game or group activities. But then again, I can't think of any spells that would be awesome for RDM without breaking the game. (I still want a RNG bow that occasionally fires 2-3 projectiles). WHM melee buffs seem kind of a waste of energy as well for everyone but Izzy.
    I don't suppose they gave previews of the new solo waiting for party battle system thingy ma bob at fan fest did they? Or any other item examples from fields of Valor?

  6. #506
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    Some spells I'd love to see rdm get:

    A spell that boosts evasion
    A spell that increases casting time
    A spell that decreases casting time (adds like FC II or something)
    A spell that deals x damage every time the enemy casts a spell

  7. #507
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    A spell that increases casting time
    That's actually really interesting.

  8. #508
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    430
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Confusion: Target spins in a ridiculous looking circle and attacks whatever is in front of it during attack phase, if not facing party hits itself, breaks confusion.
    I like Demo's idea of an enfeeble that damages a mob for casting spells or maybe even attacking, although once again it wouldn't be practical unless damage was significant.(hundred fists / chainspell would be broke on mobs)
    I still wanna see them give a mage break or a decent terrorize spell, maybe balance it with short duration/long recast.

  9. #509
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    69
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I think rdm should get bravery or faith as a JA like seigan/hasso or a spell that would overwrite each other. refreshga? would be convenient. hastega? that would pretty much free up the timer for "lolrdmmelees." I'm not advocating rdm melee don't misunderstand. just things that would be interesting. I still think we should get petrify like a stun ability.

  10. #510
    Sephiroth_Owa 13
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    A spell that increases casting time
    I'm guessing it would be to make the spells stronger?
    Hmmm random thought....jusy poped in my mind, think they'd ever add double cast? Prob wouldnt work for ffxi though cause ES.

  11. #511
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,823
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    think the only way a melee buff would help out a party would be if it included auto-refresh and a good Enaspir.

  12. #512
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    412
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Just got home or I would have posted this earlier - I wandered around during the Moblin Maze Mongers event and grabbed different items from NPCs, so our team did something a bit different from the others. (Seriously, the employees who were running it started asking "Oh, how did you get that? I haven't seen anything like that today.")

    The preset gear they gave us included Maze Tabula 01 and Maze Voucher 07 - the voucher referred to "Liquidation Squad", and it seems like that one made an arena with a single difficult enemy. I went to Muckvix's, talked to the Moblins and was able to get Maze Voucher 01 - "Sanitization Team Alpha", which involves moving through a maze and fighting several weaker monsters. I did two runs with it.

    Both times, it was the same map layout. On the first run, I set Maze Runes for "beast-type monsters", "earth energy", "small monsters", and "bonus for fast completion". On the second run, I used "beast-type monsters", "lightning energy", "light energy", "bonus for fast completion", and "monsters don't move" (as in, they don't wander around, I think?)

    In both mazes, we started with manticores that were found in groups of three (not really a small monster, but whatever). The first maze had rarabs deeper in the maze, the second had sheep. Partway through the maze, we found a Forcer, a large crate that shattered after being struck once. There was a sparkling spot on the floor, which was a ??? that gave a single temporary item. There seemed to be some kind of problem with it - on the first run, it said I obtained Healing Powder but I received Mana Powder. On the second, it claimed Hi-Ether but I ended up with a Hi-Potion.

    Towards the end, we received a message about an ominous rumbling in the distance. The Moblins at the start of the maze had options to check structural stability; when I asked about that, they gave time remaining, so stability seems to mean how long the maze will last before collapsing. There is a rune that makes a more unstable maze, which probably means a lesser time limit in exchange for better rewards.

    When the last monster was killed, a Hoardbox appeared; opening it gave everyone some exp (550 both times) and Moblin Marbles (around 20 or so each time). I went back to the Moblins after, and it looks like the cheapest items require 100 marbles, so we'll probably have to do the weaker ones a few times to start buying the better items.

    Any competent party of six would have no problem with Sanitization Team Alpha, and it could probably be done with less if we could bring our own gear (and maybe make the PLD not be /WAR.)

  13. #513
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_Owa 13 View Post
    I'm guessing it would be to make the spells stronger?
    on the mob not pt member -.-

  14. #514
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    346
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    So my question is which failfest was the real failfest?

  15. #515
    :3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    279
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_Owa 13 View Post
    I'm guessing it would be to make the spells stronger?
    Hmmm random thought....jusy poped in my mind, think they'd ever add double cast? Prob wouldnt work for ffxi though cause ES.
    I was thinking of an enfeebling spell... on enemies.

  16. #516
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4

    Would be cool if RDM had regain.

  17. #517
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    959
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    All I want as a RDM are Regain (merit fun), Reflect (that ignores buffs, and effects only dmg/debuff spells), and a -ga style job ability like whm or mirror cast ability where the cast also allows you to target a party member with duplicate of the effects of a self only spell.

    And a refund for my Phalanx II merits.

  18. #518
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,690
    BG Level
    10

    Fix Phalanx II and I'm happy.

  19. #519
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    wait, what did I miss about phalanx II?

  20. #520
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    959
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    wait, what did I miss about phalanx II?
    It's weaker than real phalanx(unless you max merits on it), wastes more mp, doesn't last as long, and cockblocks the chance of rdm getting an ability to make our self spells cast on other party members.

    Which I desperately want.

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fan Fest 2008
    By fusionx in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 587
    Last Post: 2008-12-08, 11:58
  2. Looking for Fan Fest 2008 ticket.
    By Sakazi in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2008-11-24, 17:31
  3. The Fan Festival 2008 Website is Live! (10/14/2008)
    By Suteru in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2008-10-16, 14:52
  4. TO THE GUY THAT WON THE COMPUTER AT FAN FEST
    By Rocl in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2007-11-19, 04:50
  5. Fan Fest 2007 (Dancer and Scholar info)
    By pheonixistari in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-11-16, 17:46
  6. Hurray! we got 3rd place in fan fest movie contest ^^
    By KerriganofAsura in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 2006-03-14, 14:05