Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 660
  1. #541
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,033
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    orginally thought it was alittle harsh until i saw his only 75 job was RDM so yea, what max said

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    Rajas Ring

    RDM only

    Exemplary
    then the sudden rush of terrible gear too much. how do these ppl complete CoP

  2. #542
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,582
    BG Level
    10

    lmao wow

  3. #543
    ¯\(°_o)/¯
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,820
    BG Level
    6

    ROCL USES LEVEL 1 DAGGERS OMGOMGOMGWTF

  4. #544
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    MAP HAS 37 WAR SUB FUCK

  5. #545
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    137
    BG Level
    3

    I'm not surprised to see some trolls pretending that RDM was meant to be only "backline". No, it was not. If you can't realise that RDM was meant to be enspells-user on the frontline, like a Mystic Knight, you should go back in FFXI and analyze the RDM job better, hoping you realise that this job is a frontline job. There is a reason why the AF2 are called "Duelist". If any trolls think that RDM is backline only, you really should go back read more about the RDM storyline. Now why RDM didn't get any frontline adjustments for 6 years now, is maybe because Square Enix wanted to release SCH first. All we can say is the way SCH is designed is a clear message from Square Enix: RDM is not a backline.
    Square Enix have no choices to accentuate the difference between RDM and SCH now, and that difference is "fighter-mage".

  6. #546
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,502
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    What can I say? My gear is gimp, no sense in hiding it.

    I've got NQ Amemet because, at the moment, I can't afford the HQ. I blew my remaining dough on Dusk ledelsens and gloves post Mog Bonanza because I was confident that was the best deal I'd see on them in a long time. When I can afford HQ Amemet, I'll be getting it. Gilt buckler is shit, but presently I've been too busy to farm the pop items for Genbu and a shot at his shield. Again, once I'm free to do so, I'll be making the upgrade. So goes for the Warwolf belt -> Swift/Speed belt whenever I'm able. The full Duelist's is mostly town gear.

    I mean, I could go and buy gil to get all the neat shit I've been eyeing, but last I checked wasn't that frowned upon? Doesn't matter, I wouldn't anyways.

    Nor am I equal to the task of whoring myself out to major shells on my server for a shot at Nashira/Morrigan's/whatever. Maybe one day when I have the time and patience, but not today.

    I didn't imagine that all this would require explanation. I didn't imagine all you twats would be incapable of comprehending that not everyone pulls down 1M gil monthly. I didn't figure you all to be so shortsighted as to assume the one fucking set you see on AH.com that doesn't update but once every 24 hours to be the set I full-time in.

    I suppose I was giving the lot of you far too much credit.

  7. #547
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    430
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    What RDM was meant for is one thing, what RDM excels in is something else. When RDMs start competing on parses I'll be more then happy to let them into the frontlines of battle.

    nb4 rocl and Max were called trolls!

  8. #548
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiFF11 View Post
    I'm not surprised to see some trolls pretending that RDM was meant to be only "backline". No, it was not. If you can't realise that RDM was meant to be enspells-user on the frontline, like a Mystic Knight, you should go back in FFXI and analyze the RDM job better, hoping you realise that this job is a frontline job. There is a reason why the AF2 are called "Duelist". If any trolls think that RDM is backline only, you really should go back read more about the RDM storyline. Now why RDM didn't get any frontline adjustments for 6 years now, is maybe because Square Enix wanted to release SCH first. All we can say is the way SCH is designed is a clear message from Square Enix: RDM is not a backline.
    Square Enix have no choices to accentuate the difference between RDM and SCH now, and that difference is "fighter-mage".
    I don't think anybody doubts SE intended rdm to be frontline.
    Reality is a bit different

  9. #549
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,365
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Please don't insult Allakhazam like that

    FFXIclopedia • Index page is better suited for this level of retardation
    Hey want some facts? There's more retardation in a single 'advanced' BG thread than on the entire wiki forum. You couldn't even move the mythics thread to advanced without it going straight to hell. It's pathetic. People would rather flame and troll than actually discuss the game. That's awesome, right? Totally superior to helping out new players, giving suggestions to SE(good or not), and discussing the game in general.

    There's more pointless AV/PW discussion on BG than there is on the wiki forums too. Let's just ignore that little fact though.

    No one wants your trolls or retarded memes. Let's keep the shit of the ffxi community where it belongs: BG 'Advanced'. Have a nice day and enjoy your false sense of superiority.

  10. #550
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,502
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    I don't think anybody doubts SE intended rdm to be frontline.
    Reality is a bit different
    And it looks like in the Spring S-E plans to change that reality. About time too.

  11. #551
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    242
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Lythandies Demeris
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Wyrmrest Accord

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Am I the only Red Mage who wishes they wouldn't give us a fucking melee buff and gave us a mage buff?
    Did I ever tell you I love you Rocl?

  12. #552
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    You guys need to start working on my temple post-haste. Seriously. This is too good. We have a melee red mage and a cocksucker who hates BG but posts on it here.

    Advanced was deemed the forum for drama and "community" discussion a long time ago. The Standard Player Forum is where all the actual data about the game goes nowadays. It is known, noted, and intended. The best Advanced can do for you is keep you up-to-date with patches and people's opinion of them, and their opinion of other players for that matter.

    As for an entire thread of BG being more retarded than the wiki forum... well... at least I don't see anyone advocating giving Dark Knights Ultima here without being shot-down posthaste.

    The BG Square Enix Suggestion Forum was shut-down after major success because our Japanese Translator (Elmer the Pointy) no longer had the time to translate our suggestions. I'm sorry that he's far busier with making bank to afford the time to cater to our whims. The only reason BG isn't a premier site is because we choose not to be. If we were, 90% of the posts here would be gone- not only the ones you talk about, but others too. No more would there be the image threads, parser threads, or anything of the sort. A shame, too, because those parser threads really do tell us so much about the game! The image threads, though, all about the illustrious end-game community. Duh.

    Ever wonder why there's so much more pointless AV/PW discussion here? Oh yeah, that's right, because when people attempt those mobs they don't post that shit on FFXIclopedia, they post it on BG. They don't post it on Allakhazam or Stratics, they come here and make a thread in Advanced. Then the collective BG userbase puts their heads together to think up what could be done differently and changed, granted people from the aforementioned forums come here to put their 2 cents in because it isn't mentioned elsewhere. That's where the majority of your retardation comes from. Tell me, what did those forums spearhead? When Salvage came out where was all the information located? Oh that's right, BG. Almost all of FFXIclopedia's information pertaining to Endgame probably comes from BG, and they damn well know it. It's a shame, really.

    You know what am I arguing with you, seriously? I bet you don't have a damn bit of any end-game experience. I bet you haven't seen the inside of Salvage, much less even begun on the Spharai toted in your signature. Seriously, I hate those forums, I don't visit them. You hate these forums, but you visit them. I wonder, why?

  13. #553
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,342
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Didn't they also intend for BLU to be a backline mage? Look how that turned out lol, what they intend for a job doesn't always work out, they said this

  14. #554
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    DOHOHOHOHO

  15. #555
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    And it looks like in the Spring S-E plans to change that reality. About time too.
    you acknowledge rdm melee sucks, yet you still do it - with shit gear to boot. Your posts show you are horribly confused when it comes to this game. Genbu's shield? How will this help your melee? solo sure, but if you actually want to melee in exp, get something that will help...melee...
    also, lol @ 1M monthly. If you can't make 1M monthly, you a) suck, b) have no friends, c) need to stop meleeing.

    @Baelorn - Door is that way. Nobody is forcing you to be here.

  16. #556
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    What can I say? My gear is gimp, no sense in hiding it.

    I've got NQ Amemet because, at the moment, I can't afford the HQ. I blew my remaining dough on Dusk ledelsens and gloves post Mog Bonanza because I was confident that was the best deal I'd see on them in a long time. When I can afford HQ Amemet, I'll be getting it. Gilt buckler is shit, but presently I've been too busy to farm the pop items for Genbu and a shot at his shield. Again, once I'm free to do so, I'll be making the upgrade. So goes for the Warwolf belt -> Swift/Speed belt whenever I'm able. The full Duelist's is mostly town gear.

    I mean, I could go and buy gil to get all the neat shit I've been eyeing, but last I checked wasn't that frowned upon? Doesn't matter, I wouldn't anyways.

    Nor am I equal to the task of whoring myself out to major shells on my server for a shot at Nashira/Morrigan's/whatever. Maybe one day when I have the time and patience, but not today.

    I didn't imagine that all this would require explanation. I didn't imagine all you twats would be incapable of comprehending that not everyone pulls down 1M gil monthly. I didn't figure you all to be so shortsighted as to assume the one fucking set you see on AH.com that doesn't update but once every 24 hours to be the set I full-time in.

    I suppose I was giving the lot of you far too much credit.
    Rajas ring.

    There is NO EXCUSE.

  17. #557
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by SenseiFF11 View Post
    I'm not surprised to see some trolls pretending that RDM was meant to be only "backline". No, it was not. If you can't realise that RDM was meant to be enspells-user on the frontline, like a Mystic Knight, you should go back in FFXI and analyze the RDM job better, hoping you realise that this job is a frontline job. There is a reason why the AF2 are called "Duelist". If any trolls think that RDM is backline only, you really should go back read more about the RDM storyline. Now why RDM didn't get any frontline adjustments for 6 years now, is maybe because Square Enix wanted to release SCH first. All we can say is the way SCH is designed is a clear message from Square Enix: RDM is not a backline.
    Square Enix have no choices to accentuate the difference between RDM and SCH now, and that difference is "fighter-mage".
    Holy god where are these people coming from?!

    And no, just because whm gets club skill, doesnt mean a whm should melee. Whatever SE's intention was when the game came out, that isnt the way reality works.

    Melee rdm (aside from a few solo instances) is gimp.

    That specific rdm is an embarrassment to rdms.

    The only trolls here are you 2.

    Seriously, are you people really arguing this shit?

  18. #558
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,502
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    you acknowledge rdm melee sucks, yet you still do it - with shit gear to boot. Your posts show you are horribly confused when it comes to this game. Genbu's shield? How will this help your melee? solo sure, but if you actually want to melee in exp, get something that will help...melee...
    also, lol @ 1M monthly. If you can't make 1M monthly, you a) suck, b) have no friends, c) need to stop meleeing.

    @Baelorn - Door is that way. Nobody is forcing you to be here.
    I'm pro RDM melee in group configurations, but I'm no fool, I know that as it currently stands, RDM melee doesn't have much place other than solo.

    So guess what I do with my time? (Hint: it's CAMPAIGN)

    That should give you an idea of the importance of a Genbu's(though I was under the crazy impression that improved damage reduction would be of help anytime, solo or group).

    And no, I don't have friends, and yes, the part that sucks is my crafting. I haven't been making enough use of my Cooking skill, and haven't shown the dedication to leveling my other target skills.

  19. #559
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    242
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Lythandies Demeris
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Wyrmrest Accord

    Melee Rdm is so 2005. I don't get how anyone thinks it's a good idea or why the dev team wants to push RDM to the frontline. Really, I thought we had dealt with this when all those terrible RDMs became mediocre BLUs.

  20. #560

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fan Fest 2008
    By fusionx in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 587
    Last Post: 2008-12-08, 11:58
  2. Looking for Fan Fest 2008 ticket.
    By Sakazi in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2008-11-24, 17:31
  3. The Fan Festival 2008 Website is Live! (10/14/2008)
    By Suteru in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2008-10-16, 14:52
  4. TO THE GUY THAT WON THE COMPUTER AT FAN FEST
    By Rocl in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2007-11-19, 04:50
  5. Fan Fest 2007 (Dancer and Scholar info)
    By pheonixistari in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-11-16, 17:46
  6. Hurray! we got 3rd place in fan fest movie contest ^^
    By KerriganofAsura in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 2006-03-14, 14:05