Dolphins split with the pats, but they have to play the jets again.
Yeah, Jets > Dolphins > Pats right now. Tiebreaker for this is division record, the dolphins have one more loss.
Dolphins split with the pats, but they have to play the jets again.
Yeah, Jets > Dolphins > Pats right now. Tiebreaker for this is division record, the dolphins have one more loss.
Yeah, Buffalo can help us out quite a it by beating the Jets and Pats coming up.
...That'll happen...
If Miami wins out, they win the division, it's that simple for them. If the jets win out, they go. New England needs the winner of the Jets/Miami game to lose at least 1 of the next two.
I'm actually kinda worried about San Fran. They looked pretty good today.
Only because the Jets had to make a cross country trip. Those coast to coast trips are a bitch and we get them at home, so they get the travel lag. Shouldn't be an issue.
I think that is somewhat of a copout, last week the 49ers beat the Bills on the east coast, then flew back to SF and beat the Jets. Not only did SF go cross country to beat the bills but had to go cross country back in order to play their next game. I think the 49ers are just playing some really good football right now and it is a bit unfair to credit that to jet lag.
Get it!? "Jet" lag!
Seriously though, the logic may be dumb, but I think west coast teams playing on the east coast have a really bad record this season.
Do you ask rhetorical questions to make yourself sound intelligent, because it's causation for the exact opposite.
The niners travel east to play a Miami for a 1pm game, that's like playing a 10am game for them. That shit is difficult to adapt to. There's a very legitimate reason why a lot of these teams traveling across the country have poor records. You still got to play the game, but it makes these games very difficult for the teams traveling.
Really Green Bay? The Texans? Really?
I guess the only thing I get to feel satisfaction about is that Shaun Hill out-QBed the shit out of Brett Favre today. It's a hollow victory.
I don't think you can completely ignore the fact that a team has to go across the country because it definitely makes it more difficult, but I also don't think you should be attributing the ENTIRE game to Jet Lag. The niners are playing really well lately no matter where they are at.
You act like good east teams don't travel west and lose games they shouldn't
You're saying causation like it's the sole reason for the loss. It's very easy to correlate the two and dismiss it as a complete coincidence.
I don't even know what you're trying to say right now.
the west coast teams have horrible road records because they aren't good teams.
the broncos lost to miami at home, and then went across the nation and curb stomped the jets. so there, your theory is debunked. (and retarded)
It's probably because you didn't pay attention in school. I never said that every west team will win against every east team, I said that it's a bitch to do so. The records imply a correlation to support this.
In other news
Rumor Mill: Marty Schottenheimer to Cleveland - NFL FanHouse
Their records also imply that they're horrible teams no matter where they play. You're ignoring the basis of your argument to make a claim that isn't even there.
The Browns are 4-9 and 2-0 on mondays. THAT MUST MEAN THAT CLEVELAND IS AT A STATISTICAL ADVANTAGE DURING MONDAY NIGHT GAMES OMG
That was actually a better assumption than yours, as it proves something that goes against the grain. Whereas your theory just proves that bad teams suck no matter where they play.