Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 357

Thread: Version Update (12/08/08)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #201
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    219
    BG Level
    4

    Scholar's Gown +1
    Body DEF:39 MP+18 INT+3 MND+3
    Enhances "Dark Arts" effect
    MP recovered while healing +5
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH74
    - Resting piece? I hope there's a bonus to dark arts skills here past the initial 15.

    Argute Gown
    Body DEF:38 HP+15 MP+15
    Enhancing magic skill +7
    "Magic Def. Bonus"+5
    Enhances "Sublimation" effect
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH75
    - Increase in Phalanx?
    - Sublimation is ok. Would have preferred refresh, but ok.

    Argute Gown +1
    Body DEF:39 HP+17 MP+17
    Enhancing magic skill +7
    "Magic Def. Bonus"+6
    Enhances "Sublimation" effect
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH75

    Sch. Loafers +1
    Feet DEF:11 MP+20 AGI+3 INT+3 Enmity-2
    Grimoire: Reduces spellcasting time
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH74
    - And the Agi is for?

    Argute Loafers
    Feet DEF:13 MP+20 Healing magic skill +7
    Weather: Enhances "Celerity"
    and "Alacrity" effect
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH72
    - What do sch use healing magic skill for?
    - Celerity and Alacrity are boosted by cutting timers more perhaps? Dunno what the use is. Solo perhaps?

    Argute Loafers +1
    DEF:14 MP+25 Healing magic skill +9
    Weather: Enhances "Celerity"
    and "Alacrity" effect
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH75

    Sch. M.board +1
    Head DEF:16 MP+20 INT+5
    Enhances "Sublimation" effect
    Enmity-1
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH74
    - 1 more int...

    Argute M.board
    Head DEF:16 HP+10 MP+10 MND+5
    Elemental magic skill +7
    Grimoire: Reduces spellcasting time
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH75
    - I guess the elemental skill is useful for resistive mobs..
    - Another reduction in spell casting time...

    Argute M.board +1
    DEF:17 HP+12 MP+12 MND+6
    Elemental magic skill +7
    Grimoire: Reduces spellcasting time
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH75

    Sch. Bracers +1
    Hands DEF:14 MP+20 MND+5
    Spell interruption rate down 20%
    Enmity-3
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH74
    - aoe Stoneskin?

    Argute Bracers
    Hands DEF:14 MP+20 INT+3 MND+3
    Enfeebling magic skill +7
    Enmity-2
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH71
    - These I like. A lot!

    Argute Bracers +1
    Hands DEF:15 MP+20 INT+4 MND+4
    Enfeebling magic skill +7
    Enmity-3
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH75

    Argute Belt
    Waist DEF:6 MP+20 INT+5 MND+5
    Magic Accuracy+2
    "Magic Def. Bonus"+2
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH70
    - slightly better than penitents rope.

    Scholar's Pants +1
    Legs DEF:28 MP+25 VIT+3 MND+3 Enmity-2
    Enhances "Light Arts" effect
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH74
    - And again... What's the Vit for?

    Argute Pants
    DEF:27 HP+15 MP+15 INT+5
    Dark magic skill +7 Enmity-2
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH73
    - I like this too. Dark for drain + aspir.

    Argute Pants +1
    DEF:28 HP+17 MP+17 INT+6
    Dark magic skill +7 Enmity-3
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH75

    Not overwhelming for me, and this mostly seems to focus on Dark arts. I would have liked larger boosts to -enmity on the pieces, but then I guess that what those merits are for (ugh...)
    Other than relic hands and legs, I don't see anything that other equip can't balance out. Also what's the math on constant refresh vs double stacked sublimation?

  2. #202
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    219
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrift View Post
    This fucking rocks for low level summoners.
    It rocks for all the pets jobs,.... but subligar. I would have liked it not to clash with Askar Dirs either, but that's minor. I just hope the acc is something worthwhile.

  3. #203
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Incredibly underwhelming update unless you're DNC or SCH I'd say :/ Some of the minor details are good, but not enough to redeem a failed update. FoV may or may not be good, Moblin Maze Makers being delayed is incredibly meh... and drop rate / job adjustments where?

    Most of the new gear is utterly redundant too, and killing some more NPC prices just shows yet further how little the devs actually know of their own game. WoTG missions are nice but I bet it'll be largely cutscene-based. I only wish they'd put some goddamn effort into updating this game nowadays.

  4. #204
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    136
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    New Serpent General Quest? Flameserpent Facilitator.... been waiting for moar!

    *moisten*

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanesoul View Post
    Argute Loafers
    Feet DEF:13 MP+20 Healing magic skill +7
    Weather: Enhances "Celerity"
    and "Alacrity" effect
    CanEquip, NoSale, Ex, Rare
    SCH72
    - What do sch use healing magic for?
    .....wow.

  5. #205
    Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,695
    BG Level
    6

    What am I going to do with my kingdom aketon now?

    Quick, someone call the waaaambulance, I iz butthurt.

  6. #206
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,226
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
    Sadface. My ways of making gil are reduced, and I suck at it to begin with. I need variation to not bore myself to death/burn out. And just as I was making the last sprint towards my Aegis, too. *whine, whine, whine*

    On the other hand, I want to kiss whoever decided to move the OP NPCs. Dear Jesus God, no more stupid Metalworks zoning!!!
    I always used to OP to North Gustaberg to get Signet before going where I wanted since there wasn't a Signet NPC right next to the Teleport guy. D:

  7. #207
    Warrior Tank
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    607
    BG Level
    5
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Nothing particularly great in this update and they nerfed some really good farming spots. Fuck you SE, fuck you.

  8. #208
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,224
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by AzazaelFenrir View Post
    Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Not the price of blood
    *sighs* Well, there's plenty of spots that remain untouched- they clearly aimed at the spots RMT was going nuts farming on for zero risk or effort.

  9. #209
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,226
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    *sighs* Well, there's plenty of spots that remain untouched- they clearly aimed at the spots RMT was going nuts farming on for zero risk or effort.
    Ok, zero effort, you go out to ZiTah and see how you do on Beast Blood in 1hr. It may be mindless mob killing but if you think it's zero effort I would love to see you try it. Everyone thinks it's easy gil till they go out and make 20k in 1 night, lol. If you're good you could do 60k-80k depending on if you're lucky with double drops. D: ...but calling it zero-effort, I will have none of it! lol

  10. #210
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,092
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

    ...wait, I just noticed - where's my Bhaflau/SSR increased droprates???

  11. #211
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    219
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibelf View Post
    New Serpent General Quest? Flameserpent Facilitator.... been waiting for moar!

    *moisten*



    .....wow.
    Yeah, yeah. So I forgot the word skill.. I changed it right after I posted anyway.

  12. #212
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Furionstormrage View Post
    I don't farm any of those items, but man I feel bad for all the people who do, SE just does not want people NPCing things. ><
    Unless you're killing gods/HNM's for loot/crafting for a large profit/doing BCNM's, you're essentially shit out of luck.

    I'm not really sure what was gamebreaking about making 40k/hr. The few times I did farm them all I saw was lowbies on their first jobs, guess they Fields of Valor to look forward to.

    Edit: Only really pertains to those not at 75.

  13. #213
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    No matter what everyone says this update might change a lot more than we initially thought - FoV might be the decisive thing to make FFXI better for more players in general. There's nothing earthshaking for the endgame population but for the overall game, this could be something huge (if FoV is a success).

  14. #214
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    The respawn time for Treasure Coffers and Treasure Chests has been shortened, and the chances of obtaining artifacts, maps, and key items from them have been increased.
    Uh...might have been discussed, but in what situation map/artifiact/key item aren't 100%?

  15. #215
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibelf View Post
    New Serpent General Quest? Flameserpent Facilitator.... been waiting for moar!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved all those quests! :D

  16. #216
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Uh...might have been discussed, but in what situation map/artifiact/key item aren't 100%?
    I saw that also and chalked it up to Sundi'ism.

    I am glad the changed it up a bit, I remember looking for coffers in Castle O and having some tool finding them for gil in front of me.

    /rage

  17. #217
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    20
    BG Level
    1

    Dk. Ixion Ferrule
    A ferrule fashioned from the gnarled horn of Dark Ixion. Long after being separated from its master, it continues to pulse and throb with an otherworldly energy.


    (A ferrule (a corruption of Latin viriola "small bracelet," under the influence of ferrum "iron.") is a name for types of metal objects, generally used for fastening, joining, or reinforcement. They are often narrow circular rings of metal, or less commonly, plastic.

    Most ferrules consist of a circular clamp used to hold together and attach fibers, wires or posts, generally by crimping, swaging, or otherwise deforming the ferrule to permanently tighten it onto the parts that it holds.)



    wut?

  18. #218
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,065
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    I always used to OP to North Gustaberg to get Signet before going where I wanted since there wasn't a Signet NPC right next to the Teleport guy. D:
    I did the same thing lol

  19. #219
    Warrior Tank
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    607
    BG Level
    5
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade
    Quote Originally Posted by Shufflesx View Post
    the more rmt updates they do the harder it is for legitamate players to make gil which probably push alot to buy from rmt.

    HELLO!!!

    SE dumbest fucking developers on the planet.
    Just wanted to repeat this point because it's true.

  20. #220
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorEvil View Post
    Dk. Ixion Ferrule
    A ferrule fashioned from the gnarled horn of Dark Ixion. Long after being separated from its master, it continues to pulse and throb with an otherworldly energy.



    wut?
    Ferrule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Version Update Details (9/8/08)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 344
    Last Post: 2008-09-10, 14:58
  2. September Version Update Preview (08/29/2008)
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 214
    Last Post: 2008-09-03, 05:16