Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 394

Thread: God of War 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #361
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,115
    BG Level
    9

    Fuck double jump seriously, its so badly done sooo badly done I've died more times to falls than enemies -_-.

  2. #362
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I honestly love the concept of using Helios' head for finding secrets. It beats the crap out of randomly hitting walls in hopes of one being a hidden area.
    (although said walls were made extremely obvious in God of War Collection thanks to the higher resolution)

    Makes it easier when the head itself glows when near a secret also.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    Fuck double jump seriously, its so badly done sooo badly done I've died more times to falls than enemies -_-.
    Whenever I double-jump I always hold the X for the Wings. Never had a problem aside from forgetting I can't do a second jump when I'm swinging about on grapple points.



    I swear this is also the only game to make my PS3's fan kick the speed up an extra notch. Sounds like a hair dryer at times.

  3. #363
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,683
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Zeus' Eagle is at the very first of the game, when you first visit Gaia's heart. I'm not sure if you can collect it after that.

  4. #364
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    God damnit, I was 1200 souls short of maxing out everything. Would have had all the main-game trophies done aside from hard difficulty and possessions (I missed the first two, and since they carry over, will be getting that shortly) if not for that. Took me 8hr30m to beat on God (Normal) difficulty.

    Excellent game anyhow, short, but well worth my money for the amount of times it made me drop my jaw and awe at the craftsmanship in the visuals.


    Now, finally, I can read the fucking spoiler tags in this thread! Was bad enough with Heavy Rain.....


    [EDIT] Ugh, can't skip cutscenes even after having beaten the game. Someone mentioned costumes disabling trophies (which the descriptions themselves say so), but do the possessions do the same as well? The info on them doesn't indicate it.

  5. #365
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    538
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    possessions disable too

  6. #366
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Don't matter now at any rate, read a glitch from over at PS3T.org that can net you the trophy, and it worked for me.

    Spoiler: show
    You have to unlock the Combat Arena by finishing the Challenges of Olympus. From there, set your health low (to speed things up), and make the game spawn a lot of the hard shit so you die near instantly. Set difficulty to Titan, and just keep dying. The game will eventually offer you to switch to Easy mode. Hit no, and the game will return to the main menu, and the trophy should pop shortly after



    Whelp, that just leaves me two trophies left now. The two possessions which I missed, and my Titan-run. This'll take awhile given the amount of times I died to the first boss in the game when I originally attempted to play this on Titan.

    I think I'll try to beat the Challenges of Exile first even though it rewards nothing.

  7. #367
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    Fuck double jump seriously, its so badly done sooo badly done I've died more times to falls than enemies -_-.
    Same here, from the other games I'm used to hitting jump, letting my char make some distance, than hit jump again, seems now that you just gotta spam the button
    Its my only complaint about the game

  8. #368
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Anyone manage to beat all the Challenge of Exile?

    Spoiler: show
    Fear Kratos likes to kick my ass, and a lot of the other challanges are made more difficult thanks to Kratos always targeting the wrong mob, especially on the 'Use Protection'. Old Birds is also frustrating as fuck since I can't prioritize him to L1+O onto a higher-target, and he always seems to prioritize the birds near the ground.

  9. #369
    Un-Rad Conrad
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,019
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Just finished on Titan Mode last night, was my first playthrough. Holy crap at the ending, easily makes my top 5 all-time games list.

    Spoiler: show
    My friend told me that the whole death sequence at the end of the game is from Max Payne. Is this true?


    I'm finding the Challenge of Olympus a bit easy, though, which is kind of disappointing. Are there any other extra challenges besides that available?

  10. #370
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I think DLC challenges will be added at some point.

  11. #371
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Hopefully they'll actually add more challenges aside from the Ultimate edition ones (which are still making me rage) as free DLC. Shit it easy for them to script in, they could easily put 100 in with a couple days work/testing.

  12. #372
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    I loved it, hell I adored the game, yet I'm still glad I gamefly'd it.

    Spoiler: show
    Anyone notice the Phoneix shape wear Kratos fall unconcious after he stabs himself? You'd have to be blind not to. Kratos' story isn't finished yet, cuz it's obvious Athena is gonna be some queen bitch




    Also the Titans went down like bitches, just saying.

  13. #373
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Anyone else having issues with the Gamestop costume preorder bonus? I did everything it asked for and it said further instructions will be emailed to me, but nothing has happened..

  14. #374
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I did it a good month ago, and got my e-mail three days after launch.

  15. #375
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    730
    BG Level
    5

    i read somewhere it takes about 5 business days so people that put the code in ON tuesday should be getting the codes this week for sure.

  16. #376
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,223
    BG Level
    6

    Pretty large glitch out there for this game right now, allows you to get all weapons at max level very easily.



    Details:
    Spoiler: show

    Source: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6...ing-a-new-game

    1. Unlock Combat Arena by beating the story once and then clearing the Challenges of Olympus mode.
    2. In the Combat Arena option screen, set Kratos’ Health to “Level 1” and difficulty to “Titan.” Set up the Enemies option with creatures that can kill you quickly and start the battle.
    3. In the Combat Arena, die five times in a row and the game will prompt you to switch to Easy mode. Select “No” to exit to the main menu.
    4. You should hear two different music tracks playing over each other. Furthermore, the Maxed Out! trophy will be unlocked if you didn’t already have it. From the main menu, select “New Game” and the difficulty of your choice to activate the glitch.

  17. #377
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,217
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Yeah, I posted that a couple pages back. The glitch can be further used to start the game with all weapons maxed out, although I've no idea if it'll negate the Titan trophy or not. Regardless, it isn't that hard anyways, been plowing through it fine, but I guess if someone is really having difficulty with the game (learn to dodge?) it'll help somewhat.


    Anyways, for some actual news, the Spartans page filled up another bar, and now raining harder than ever - http://www.godofwar.com/spartansstandtall/

  18. #378
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    mod edit: watch the spoilers

  19. #379
    so i herd u liek trollin
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    876
    BG Level
    5

    Just beat it and got to the ending. I was disappointed tbh.
    Spoiler: show
    I was hoping he'd get to see his family again.

  20. #380
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Klutz View Post
    Just beat it and got to the ending. I was disappointed tbh.
    Spoiler: show
    I was hoping he'd get to see his family again.
    Technically he did. :3

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone have an extra God of War code?
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 2009-03-02, 06:36