Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 408

Thread: 24 Day 7     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #121
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    They really grew quite a pair for this season. Pretty much every episode has been incredibly intense. I am also convinced the writers are not afraid to kill pretty much anyone off as well. Looks of potential major players have already taken dirt naps.

    Loving it.

  2. #122
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    749
    BG Level
    5

    It almost looks like the stuff with Dubaku is going to end in a week or two. I mean, he has no more leverage to hold over the country and it looks from the previews that they're getting really close to finding him.

    I'm guessing that the next sub plot will revolve around the overall conspiracy and who's really behind it all. Then for the final subplot, I'm hoping for an all out war between Jack and Tony to end the season.

  3. #123
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    I just remembered one thing that infuriates me about this show. The gov't sends Jacks the save the US/world on six previous days, and then you have that stupid bitch President Taylor saying she doesn't know if she can trust Jack or where his loyalties lie.

    Really? Do you morons not realize the sacrifices he has made for this country?

  4. #124
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    749
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    I just remembered one thing that infuriates me about this show. The gov't sends Jacks the save the US/world on six previous days, and then you have that stupid bitch President Taylor saying she doesn't know if she can trust Jack or where his loyalties lie.

    Really? Do you morons not realize the sacrifices he has made for this country?
    This is true, unfortunately it's not like all his acts get exactly documented and shown in the best of light as was shown in the senate hearing at the beginning of the season.

  5. #125
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    489
    BG Level
    4

    Most epic, intense episode yet... I don't think there's been an episode/movie of ANYTHING that's actually made me shake with anticipation over what is gonna happen next D:

  6. #126
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuriko View Post
    This is true, unfortunately it's not like all his acts get exactly documented and shown in the best of light as was shown in the senate hearing at the beginning of the season.
    Yeah, I mean if you read a sheet like Bauer's and you didn't know who he was you would probably think he was a crazed psycho. That's if you don't have the whole story.

    In all, I like Renee's willingness to complete her duties. Glad she hasn't pussed out or resisted what needed to be done. Although, I hate the FBI HQ scenes, all the characters there are just so boring.

  7. #127
    I Have The Clap Again
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,847
    BG Level
    8

    I just got a boner after watching that episode

  8. #128
    Love-God among men.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,580
    BG Level
    7

    I'm not actually very impressed so far :<

  9. #129
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,664
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I'm not either... this season so far is a dud imo.

    I don't like the new President and I think the whole "sub-plot" with the first gentleman (what a name lol) is lame. So he got shot... now what? It just seems like the stories are very patchwork this season... there's no overlying story or set of stories to keep me really interested. The CIP device had potential but fizzled out too quick. I used to wait all week for the new 24; now I just watch it at my convenience.

    The one redeeming thing, as others have mentioned, is there's no woman Jack has to save over and over again. It's refreshing as they've been down that road too many times.

  10. #130
    Hayleystrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,069
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuriko View Post
    It almost looks like the stuff with Dubaku is going to end in a week or two. I mean, he has no more leverage to hold over the country and it looks from the previews that they're getting really close to finding him.

    I'm guessing that the next sub plot will revolve around the overall conspiracy and who's really behind it all. Then for the final subplot, I'm hoping for an all out war between Jack and Tony to end the season.
    That's what I'm hoping for too. We're approaching the mid-season plot change, and I really hope we leave the whole Sangala thing. Too much of that with Redemption and all.

    Needs more Tony too... and Kim! According to IMDB she's in:

    Spoiler: show
    #
    # Episode #7.20 (4 May 2009) - Kim Bauer (uncredited)
    # Episode #7.21 (11 May 2009) - Kim Bauer
    # Episode #7.22 (18 May 2009) - Kim Bauer
    # Episode #7.24 (25 May 2009) - Kim Bauer
    # Episode #7.23 (25 May 2009) - Kim Bauer

  11. #131
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    701
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    I just remembered one thing that infuriates me about this show. The gov't sends Jacks the save the US/world on six previous days, and then you have that stupid bitch President Taylor saying she doesn't know if she can trust Jack or where his loyalties lie.

    Really? Do you morons not realize the sacrifices he has made for this country?
    No, they don't. Madam President has not been sitting on the couch watching the first six season as a fan. She's some politician, also in the show, who has only heard grapevine water cooler stories about this Jack guy. If you're in 24 world, and you are not in CTU, and you are in a high government position of power, but you like Jack even though you don't know him, then you aren't realistic.

    If everybody only simply bought the box set, they would realize that Jack is good, and they would never stand in his way, and every episode would be him killing 13 people with a 13 in the clip glock, and this should would be greatest of all time right?

    Don't get too fanboyish, keep everything in perspective.

  12. #132
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by QuePsiXI View Post
    No, they don't. Madam President has not been sitting on the couch watching the first six season as a fan. She's some politician, also in the show, who has only heard grapevine water cooler stories about this Jack guy. If you're in 24 world, and you are not in CTU, and you are in a high government position of power, but you like Jack even though you don't know him, then you aren't realistic.

    If everybody only simply bought the box set, they would realize that Jack is good, and they would never stand in his way, and every episode would be him killing 13 people with a 13 in the clip glock, and this should would be greatest of all time right?

    Don't get too fanboyish, keep everything in perspective.
    lulz

  13. #133
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    701
    BG Level
    5

    I love this season, don't know how I rate it compared to the others. I haven't fully watched Seasons 1 and 2 even though they're owned. I think those criticizing the early part of the season should realize that there's almost obviously some more plot twists coming, so there would be no point in judging this, as "this" is about to be "something else" real soon.

    Now, if 24 does all this set up and then they reveal some dumb shit(like just outside The Village is a stretch of highway), I will be the first person to burn down the studio, and I'll invite you all via Google calendars and facebook events.

    Edit: And just so save you some time Norelco, if you don't know, this is Soz, and I've quite enjoyed life without directly talking to you, and I imagine the same from your end. So, hope all is well in Buffalo land, but I'd rather not engage in one of our lovely conversations, if it's all the same to you.

    Edit 2: So if the dude you were is still the dude you are, I'll even say "sorry" that I called you a fanboy. It was actually meant as a general comment to most people who suffer from "I know something about the show because I'm watching it, so a character in the show should know the same thing"itis.

  14. #134
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by QuePsiXI View Post
    I love this season, don't know how I rate it compared to the others. I haven't fully watched Seasons 1 and 2 even though they're owned. I think those criticizing the early part of the season should realize that there's almost obviously some more plot twists coming, so there would be no point in judging this, as "this" is about to be "something else" real soon.

    Now, if 24 does all this set up and then they reveal some dumb shit(like just outside The Village is a stretch of highway), I will be the first person to burn down the studio, and I'll invite you all via Google calendars and facebook events.

    Edit: And just so save you some time Norelco, if you don't know, this is Soz, and I've quite enjoyed life without directly talking to you, and I imagine the same from your end. So, hope all is well in Buffalo land, but I'd rather not engage in one of our lovely conversations, if it's all the same to you.

    Edit 2: So if the dude you were is still the dude you are, I'll even say "sorry" that I called you a fanboy. It was actually meant as a general comment to most people who suffer from "I know something about the show because I'm watching it, so a character in the show should know the same thing"itis.
    Hi Sozsensur.

    Edit: I realize my claim is not realistic. I'm just having fun with the show and bullshitting about it. But Jack's line to President Taylor was perfect: "With all due respect Madam President, ask around."

  15. #135
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,132
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

    24 - Now with toddler torture. Also, Dubaku has 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.

  16. #136
    Love-God among men.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,580
    BG Level
    7

    New title of the show: How many moral dilemmas can we write Agent Walker into?

    Also:

    Spoiler: show
    Holy fuck did they telegraph that guy being the mole hard

  17. #137
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    893
    BG Level
    5

    Spoiler: show
    I hated it when I thought the brown haired agent (Janine Garafalo- spelling) but hated it in a good way. I wanted an epic Chloe and whatever her name is show down. Lame!

  18. #138
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    552
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by thestalkmore View Post
    New title of the show: How many moral dilemmas can we write Agent Walker into?

    Also:

    Spoiler: show
    Holy fuck did they telegraph that guy being the mole hard
    Spoiler: show
    I guess they figured "We always do such a good job hiding the mole, lets make it the obvious guy this season so nobody will suspect him"

  19. #139
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8

    Spoiler: show
    I figured they were just using him to throw us off where either it's too obvious for it to be him or maybe even a double fakeout like what Pendas said. Didn't they make Tony seem really obvious in season 1?

  20. #140
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    I thought in season 1 it was just that tony and everybody else was hostile towards Jack because he had just brought down a lot of people in an IA bust.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 24: Day 8
    By thestalkmore in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 499
    Last Post: 2010-05-29, 11:31