Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 139 of 216 FirstFirst ... 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 2761 to 2780 of 4313

Thread: LM-17     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2761
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    BG Level
    8

    HEY GUYZ YOU CHEATED AND YOU GOT CAUGHT SO YOU DESERVE TO BE BANNZED !!! CANT YOU READ THE RULES?!

    I went to bed, got up, took a shower and got ready for work and there are STILL people posting the same exact shit that was in the first 70 pages of LM-17 thread, just wow. Also, lol@ the above pic.

  2. #2762
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1

    What I'm trying to figure out is how people could honestly think in the original fix thread that they weren't going to get caught. The glitch that they used was 100% inside the game and therefore easily--EASILY--traceable to even the most rudimentary logs. Even if the groups communicated the instructions over ventrilo or MSN or whatever and NOT in LS or pt chat, it's still easy to see three Macha's Slops drop off Powderkeg.

    The sheer arrogance of exploiting this loophole is staggering. It's not like they were botting or hacking, which is moderately difficult to trace; it didn't even need to be detected... IT WAS LOGGED! That's what makes me giggle over this whole ordeal.

  3. #2763
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    I think we are missing the bigger picture here. A lot of people claim to have virgin records before this. So these people who you could say have "morals" still and went and broke the rules. And this happened on such a large scale.

    What went wrong?

    Peer pressure lol?

  4. #2764
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    You play the game and you don't even know how to spell horde?

  5. #2765
    Tagus
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    HEY GUYZ YOU CHEATED AND YOU GOT CAUGHT SO YOU DESERVE TO BE BANNZED !!! CANT YOU READ THE RULES?!

    I went to bed, got up, took a shower and got ready for work and there are STILL people posting the same exact shit that was in the first 70 pages of LM-17 thread, just wow. Also, lol@ the above pic.
    I'm suprised that you're suprised.

  6. #2766
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    I think we are missing the bigger picture here. A lot of people claim to have virgin records before this. So these people who you could say have "morals" still and went and broke the rules. And this happened on such a large scale.

    What went wrong?
    Salvage piece drop rates. Go on a run 40+ times doing the same routine and getting absolute crap, then finding a way to increase the output for the least amount of input would make any person go funny.

  7. #2767
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    67
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    What went wrong?

    Peer pressure lol?
    Human nature is what went wrong. Glitch was far too easy and tempting to exploit in a scenario where many felt it was the only recourse.

  8. #2768
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,768
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Whoever banned the snatch/nikki/whatever, thank you.

  9. #2769
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    Can we have more posts of "What are you going to do now that all the pro players are gone?" Those are my favorite. I'll also accept more rationalizations and/or real life analogies.

  10. #2770
    23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,371
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Salvage piece drop rates. Go on a run 40+ times doing the same routine and getting absolute crap, then finding a way to increase the output for the least amount of input would make any person go funny.
    I remember back when I shit on salvage saying the activity was stupid and honestly not worth the time money and effort that goes into it to get the gear and a large number of people (note, this was before the exploit) just said that i didn't have it in me to stick it out. That I just wanted the fast easy way to do things and therefore stuck to the corrupt world of competitive monsters.

    At least 3 notable names on that list got roooooooooooooocked like a mother fucking hurricane. Worst I got was a 3 day and it wasn't even for claiming.

    Derp.

  11. #2771
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Auronku View Post
    Figured I'd post this here too, because I couldn't decide which thread it would be more relavent to at this point as they've both kinda boiled down to the same discussion.
    ------

    Sorry if this turns out to be false hope in your case but 2 different people I'm familiar with on my server had this happen to them yesterday:



    This is the same conversation mind you.
    They might be dumb but I bet their ffxi accounts aren't banned.

  12. #2772
    Tagus
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Can we have more posts of "What are you going to do now that all the pro players are gone?" Those are my favorite. I'll also accept more rationalizations and/or real life analogies.
    Dude, you're not going to believe this, but there is an empty slot on our Dynamis Calendar on Phoenix now.

    Endgame is dead.

  13. #2773
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    24
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbusyosh View Post
    The crazy part is that they think because they got banned that the game will somehow fall apart and die.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    it's about GOD DAMN time SE grows some balls IMHO.

    Bismark .... just....smells better

    Tiamat is actually unclamed by bot faggotry......

    and it just seems to be a brighter day in general.

    Even though this won't teach people that items =/= awesome, just like electing Obama isn't the end of racism, it's a GREAT down payment in eliminating 1337st item fags.

    I think I'll create another account JUST to give SE more money. With this move, they deserve it.

    Now, if Obama can prosecute them whores in the bush administration for violating the TOS of the constitution, I think their will be a bright future ahead.

    Cause if you have half a brain, you know bush needed LM-17 a LONG time ago.

    4HORSEMAN(wrong fourm, but screw it, I'm happy!)4LIFE!


    P.S.-Jayx, veronacalayla, vesper and lytasha still play... but you can't get em all, eh?
    You meant "you know bush needed LM-11 a LONG time ago." right?

  14. #2774
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    Do you have LM-11 or LM-17? If yes see 1. If no see 2.

    1. Rhetorical Question.
    2. idfk

  15. #2775
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Can we have more posts of "What are you going to do now that all the pro players are gone?" Those are my favorite. I'll also accept more rationalizations and/or real life analogies.
    This is just like Benjamin Netanyahu robbing a circus with a flamethrower on All Saints Day then crying to Dyan Cannon when Sage Sundi says "I don't think so, pally!"

    </dennis_miller>

  16. #2776
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    One of the better analogies in the thread tbh.

  17. #2777
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    562
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Murdock Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Uther

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Whoever banned the snatch/nikki/whatever, thank you.
    ^ this

  18. #2778
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko View Post
    I remember back when I shit on salvage saying the activity was stupid and honestly not worth the time money and effort that goes into it to get the gear and a large number of people (note, this was before the exploit) just said that i didn't have it in me to stick it out. That I just wanted the fast easy way to do things and therefore stuck to the corrupt world of competitive monsters.

    At least 3 notable names on that list got roooooooooooooocked like a mother fucking hurricane. Worst I got was a 3 day and it wasn't even for claiming.

    Derp.
    To be honest, I'd take Salvage over Kings if I didn't feel like I had to put on a full blown carnival act and possibly blow a clown for a piece of gear.

    But that's SE for you.

  19. #2779
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Why did i read this entire thread... x_x....

    Strange that Lakshmi hasn't been hit at all, a shell or 2 comes to mind that no doubt took advantage of this exploit, I've asked around a bit, and nobody I've talked to has heard about anyone getting hit.

    makes me think ban hammer v2 is coming..

  20. #2780
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    706
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by DAKPluto View Post
    shi-

    Thanks for the suggestion of checking his IP though, reminded me to check yours and see you've been banned before.
    I think I love you..

Page 139 of 216 FirstFirst ... 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LM-17s in EVE Online
    By Necronus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2009-02-17, 20:22
  2. LM-17 for spamming emote?
    By Zumin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 2009-02-02, 12:12
  3. LM-17 for spamming Emotes?
    By Zumin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-02-01, 22:39
  4. Anyone else receiving (LM-17)?
    By altwight in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 2008-06-02, 05:00