Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 185 of 216 FirstFirst ... 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 ... LastLast
Results 3681 to 3700 of 4313

Thread: LM-17     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #3681
    filthy liars!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,116
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Fuck, uninstalling windower. Inevitable is going to happen. You read it first here.
    LOL I see you come out of the general and spam forum every once and a while, or maybe I don't read enough BG. Last I saw one of your posts you had no where near 5000. And sadly no I'm not trying to flame that's for little children.

  2. #3682
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,203
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    It'll be a cold day in hell before i start playing WoW. fuck i dont like anybody that endorses it, especially G4. I'll go back to before-MMO world, where i had a decent direction in life!

  3. #3683
    filthy liars!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,116
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Nattack View Post
    if they ban for windower they lose the game, essentially.

    i just wish theyd release FFXI online for free, keeping the monthly fee, it would get such a larger audience
    I kind of disagree with that, most of the people I talked to about FFXI as an MMO in general said that it was just too boring for them. Mainly they referenced the LFG for 3 hours. I doubt the game being free would help much. Maybe if it was brand new, but definitely not what 6 years old?

  4. #3684
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,203
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    forgive me, im a little drunk and probably lacking in the coherent department,

    LFG at low levels seems to suck pretty hard, if you could make low levels as attractive as meripo on brokengreatercolibri, youd be golden.

    there is little incentive to level sync, in my opinion, if you want merits. i need 800,000 exp to complete both my perdu items and most of my merits, and i can only get that in 50+ parties, and i hate anything that doesnt get me 3 merits in 2 hours

  5. #3685
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    33
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuciont View Post
    They'd never ban for windower
    hmmm... i believe i heard a statement like this that got WHOMPED that led to this thread not too long ago...

    But whether SE will do such a thing, that's for later to decide

  6. #3686
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuciont View Post
    LOL I see you come out of the general and spam forum every once and a while, or maybe I don't read enough BG. Last I saw one of your posts you had no where near 5000. And sadly no I'm not trying to flame that's for little children.
    I don't really lurk spam a lot. Not as much as the actual lurkers, at least. General I guess, but I usually stick to ffximedia center or something.

    Also:


    Has anyone called them getting their accounts back yet? If not, I am calling it. For some reason I think SE has a trick up their sleeve. Either their hearts will grow two sizes too big, or they haven't released the full information about what is actually happening to peoples' accounts.

  7. #3687
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,203
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    i dunno, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯

  8. #3688
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainesong View Post
    i guess i'm just bored atm while waiting on laundry but i've been looking through a lot of the posts by people in the "i'm so happy to see all the cheaters banned" camp, and almost all of them use windower judging from their SS's.

    just amuses me. maybe dup'ing is worse, maybe it's not. but in the end i think the difference is arbitrary.
    if there were ONE thing in the game SE wouldn't want to happen, it's dupable items / gil. It breaks down the game itself; the point of the game is to get items and accumulate gil. Next, any impeding of that goal outside what they deem appropriate would likely be their next hated issue. This is what GMs are hired for. They monitor PC to PC interactions and police their activities. If you grief, MPK, harass, etc, you are impeding the point of the game.

    Yet being able to see tp and distance are not that, it is simply not how SE designed the game. I'm not sure if they just wanted constant tp macros or annoying out of range messages, or they just didn't think of the ramifications of such an archaic interface. Either way, it's not how they want the game to be played, though. Regardless, it does not break down the fiber of the game. Changing my race might be against the ToS, but are you going to look me in the eye and tell me that's the same as MPKing or duping? (well, you can't but you know what I mean) Saving a keystroke because you can see tp and change gear easier is miles away from removing elements of the game which make it a game.

    Why do we follow some parts of the ToS and not others? Do you follow every bit of the law? Even the punishments are different from what we have seen that support what I'm saying. Dupers are being banned with a huge percentage. MPKers usually get a warning or 2, only a rare number are banned first offense. Same for windower. SE has spoken through this and basically said "Don't fuck with the game mechanics, also, would you please try and refrain from using 3rd party programs?" Also, I think it's worth mentioning that windower is 99% undetectable unless you go around talking about it or something equally stupid. Does this mean people would have duped if it were undetectable? I have no idea.

    tl;dr your logic fails

  9. #3689
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    33
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Has anyone called them getting their accounts back yet?
    If ya mean when the temps getting undone:

    1. Suspension lifted on monday
    2. You are put in jail
    3. GM has to let you out
    4. ???
    5. Profit

    If ya mean if anyone is getting the banstick removed:

    1. You call
    2. They tell you 'nothing can be done. if they banned you, your char is lost'
    3. ???
    4. /cuts

  10. #3690
    filthy liars!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,116
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    As far as making low level parties more interesting yeah I could see that working a little, but I believe the issue lies within the whole need for six people to make a successful exp party. Level sync does help it a little bit with the need for people, but I also believe level sync can have some ill effects too. As far as attracting hardcore players FFXI does it's job that's for sure, but if you want more players, which means more casual players it means the game will have to be made much easier to level up, etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    I don't really lurk spam a lot. Not as much as the actual lurkers, at least. General I guess, but I usually stick to ffximedia center or something.

    Also:


    Has anyone called them getting their accounts back yet? If not, I am calling it. For some reason I think SE has a trick up their sleeve. Either their hearts will grow two sizes too big, or they haven't released the full information about what is actually happening to peoples' accounts.
    Ah yeah. I use to look at the NSFW threads back in the day, but I stopped after a while. Maybe I'll start that again.

    As far as that trick? Maybe I should try ctrl + alt + del, End process pol.exe That sounds like a sure way to get my acct back. Guess I finally get to unlock the rest of my prestiges in COD4. ugh that shit sucks when all you play is SND, TDM is lame.

  11. #3691
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    I don't really lurk spam a lot. Not as much as the actual lurkers, at least. General I guess, but I usually stick to ffximedia center or something.

    Also:


    Has anyone called them getting their accounts back yet? If not, I am calling it. For some reason I think SE has a trick up their sleeve. Either their hearts will grow two sizes too big, or they haven't released the full information about what is actually happening to peoples' accounts.
    well i hope you're right. i loved my little taru =P
    if not though, oh well, i have more important things i could be doing. maybe i should.. go do them -_-

  12. #3692
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    if there were ONE thing in the game SE wouldn't want to happen, it's dupable items / gil. It breaks down the game itself; the point of the game is to get items and accumulate gil. Next, any impeding of that goal outside what they deem appropriate would likely be their next hated issue. This is what GMs are hired for. They monitor PC to PC interactions and police their activities. If you grief, MPK, harass, etc, you are impeding the point of the game.

    Yet being able to see tp and distance are not that, it is simply not how SE designed the game. I'm not sure if they just wanted constant tp macros or annoying out of range messages, or they just didn't think of the ramifications of such an archaic interface. Either way, it's not how they want the game to be played, though. Regardless, it does not break down the fiber of the game. Changing my race might be against the ToS, but are you going to look me in the eye and tell me that's the same as MPKing or duping? (well, you can't but you know what I mean) Saving a keystroke because you can see tp and change gear easier is miles away from removing elements of the game which make it a game.

    Why do we follow some parts of the ToS and not others? Do you follow every bit of the law? Even the punishments are different from what we have seen that support what I'm saying. Dupers are being banned with a huge percentage. MPKers usually get a warning or 2, only a rare number are banned first offense. Same for windower. SE has spoken through this and basically said "Don't fuck with the game mechanics, also, would you please try and refrain from using 3rd party programs?" Also, I think it's worth mentioning that windower is 99% undetectable unless you go around talking about it or something equally stupid. Does this mean people would have duped if it were undetectable? I have no idea.

    tl;dr your logic fails
    well for the most part i was just posting an observation. which part of my logic fails exactly?

  13. #3693
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    189
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    windower is against ToS, the effective rule book. how exactly is that not cheating?
    In a legal sense, it is illegal to use in FFXI. sure, that's true, but it doesn't give you gil, it doesn't give you items. Only real "cheat" to it is the TP plugin, because originally there was no other way to see other player's TP. Most other plugins only enhances what you could've done. (IE Distance, recast, timer, etc.)

    Exploiting a game glitch to obtain gears and items, on the other hand, is a very different ballpark than windower. You are circumventing game measure to obtain gears. THAT is cheating.

    Edit: And for the record. If I get banned, I'll probably not playing FFXI again. Leveling to 75, for the first time, is just too much trouble to ever do again. Maybe not for other people, for myself, definitely. Especially on a job like THF (which was my first to 75). If any, I'd probably see it as a reason to be free from the game.

  14. #3694
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,668
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    If you wish to be unbanned, please send me 500 dollars in the mail and I will tell you how to bypass permaban.
    this dood posting stuffs like this for like 563456345th time

    so BG allow real money transaction threads for this banning as exception?

    or you guys dont care now lol

  15. #3695
    filthy liars!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,116
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    if there were ONE thing in the game SE wouldn't want to happen, it's dupable items / gil.

    Does this mean people would have duped if it were undetectable? I have no idea.
    Just read your post and I now find it funny that some people including myself who were around for such a long time and did the salvage duping didn't remember the whole lot of JPs getting banned for the Tav NPC that could make you millions. I guess maybe they assumed that since it wasn't gil it's perfectly safe? I think my group most of which I think received perma bans was at the point of nearly logging on just for the sake of hanging out with old friends or borderline quitting, I know I was.

    And if the duping were known to be undetectable I'm sure it would've been more widespread than it already was. The fact so many people knew about it before the fix kind of surprised me a little bit.

    And yeah what I'm posting might come of as stupid, but I'm pretty tired right now and it sounds right in my head, but yeah...

  16. #3696
    Demosthenes11
    Guest

    I think you can acknowledge this is a different era of FFXI in regards to GMs, STF, and policies than the one when JPs exploited tav npc

  17. #3697
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    189
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    And if the duping were known to be undetectable I'm sure it would've been more widespread than it already was. The fact so many people knew about it before the fix kind of surprised me a little bit.

    And yeah what I'm posting might come of as stupid, but I'm pretty tired right now and it sounds right in my head, but yeah...
    Hypothetically, only if it could be undetected. but it's silly to even considere that because it's obvious as hell that SE can tell how many items are there in game. Hell look at the Vana'diel census. If they can come up with relic statistic, surely they can easily come up with salvage gear statistic, so of course it was only a matter of time until someone in SE finds out that something is up, and so they did.

    Oh, and ditto. I really should be sleeping by now.

  18. #3698
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    340
    BG Level
    4

    When was that exploit? I never heard of that one or at least I guess never paid attention to it).

  19. #3699
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    33
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post
    When was that exploit? I never heard of that one or at least I guess never paid attention to it).
    which one? the tav NPC? loooooooonnnnnnngggg time ago

  20. #3700
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post
    When was that exploit? I never heard of that one or at least I guess never paid attention to it).
    You could buy borone gear and sell it back for more than you bought it for. It got fixed pretty quickly I think. I am pretty sure bans were handed out as well. I would imagine a lot of people did it on mules.

Page 185 of 216 FirstFirst ... 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LM-17s in EVE Online
    By Necronus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2009-02-17, 20:22
  2. LM-17 for spamming emote?
    By Zumin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 2009-02-02, 12:12
  3. LM-17 for spamming Emotes?
    By Zumin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-02-01, 22:39
  4. Anyone else receiving (LM-17)?
    By altwight in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 2008-06-02, 05:00