Why should SE go out of their way to delete peoples salvage gear that was duped and slap them on the wrists when they abused the hell out of it? No game or MMO treats dupers lightly on any game i've ever played.
I'm laughing. 136 pages and counting.
BG sure knows how to hold a good-ol' fashioned bitchfest.
Good riddance to the shit that roamed out servers exploiting and taking advantage of idiot programming.
I wonder why the people who say it's too harsh of a punishment didn't say that years back when the people using the Delivery box duplication trick were banned (And I think there was another one involving Barone Body as well).
Page 200, can I have it?
True, but FFXI is quite different.Originally Posted by Lordender
I remember in D2 all they did was delete my account, from the 8 or so accounts I had (each account had like 8 chars each?), and all I had to do was create another one and level to 90+ in a few hours.
And it didn't require me buying another copy of the game.
Saying 1 game is different than the other as far as MMOs go is pretty dumb, essentially they are all grind-fest time-sinks some more than others. It would pretty much be retarded for them to let them dupe and not serve any penalty for it. If SE kept breaking things in the game and people didn't say shit about it, the game would just turn into a even more massive piece of shit than it already is. (LOL STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS AFTER 100 PAGES LOOOL)
If you think about it, normally a MMO would allow you to create multiple characters to play different races and classes, but since FFXI has all classes (jobs) in each char, the avg FFXI player will not play more than one character.
If you get a few characters banned in another MMO, you get bummed out for awhile but it usually doesn't take long to get back on your feet, whereas in FFXI we have a lot of people who spent over 5 years on a *single* character and had all their work wasted. Now their only choices are either to buy another account that is similar to how theirs was (probably thousands of dollars) or just quit. That's pretty harsh.
Originally Posted by Yugl
I wonder why the people who say it's too harsh of a punishment didn't say that years back when the people using the Delivery box duplication trick were banned (And I think there was another one involving Barone Body as well).
Reply:
oh i dont know man. Perhaps because gil was duped in the dbox thing. perhaps because sellables were duped in Dbox thing. Nothing in this hurt anyone at all. The only thing that i can see someone complaining about would be the price of upgrade materials.
I used to lend credance to the arguement that the price of upgrade materials was artificialy high due to what was occuring in salvage. But that arguement got smashed to pieces as the prices for Imp. Wootz Ingots roze from 800k to 1,050,000 not long after the update that fixed salvage. I know, I was making many of the ingots on Odin. So, the arguement that this was making other players lives miserable, in anyway whats so ever, is complete crap lol.
This Salvage thing really wasnt hurting anything at all.
No Gill was artificialy produced.
The price of upgrade materials was actualy cheeper pre patch.
More Alexandrite was Produced.
More players were getting gear.
In hindsight, there was nothing wrong with it at all. In fact, for all the people thumping on their printouts of the ToS... Things are actualy worse, where salvage is concerned. wow
I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but has anyone noticed how the perma banned people on FFXI fanzone site has their character names grayed out? While it looks like the temp banned people are still on active status.
Can anyone confirm this?
Appears to be like that~ All the perma people are greyed out~