"Harsh" duping policy never seemed to bother people when only RMT and low-tier cheaters were getting one-strike banned for it. Now because people are applying it to their own environment it's too harsh?
There's a bit of delusion in all of this.
"Harsh" duping policy never seemed to bother people when only RMT and low-tier cheaters were getting one-strike banned for it. Now because people are applying it to their own environment it's too harsh?
There's a bit of delusion in all of this.
Come on, I wanna see famous faces banned !
Where are the Auriks, Rukenshins and other Richardds when we need them ? !!!!
all these people talking about how everyone who duped deserves it, get the hell off your high horse. if you knew how to do it efficiently then im sure you would have. most of yall probably tried to do it, but are too retarded to understand how to work it or didnt get drops.
On a seriuos note, Am i glad i didnt no about this dupe? yup
Would i have pushed the issue to do it if i new about it? yup
Am i going to miss some friends? yup
Do i win anything either way? nope
"Players hate this part of our game enough that they are willing to repeatedly abuse a glitch over and over at the risk of losing their accounts. What shall we do? Fix the shitty boring part of the game?"
"Hell the fuck no, ban their arses, this is MY game!"
I haven't even played FFXI for a year, but any mmo company that bans people permanantly for abuse of glitches is fucking retarded. Fix the glitch, revert the damage, but wasting that much effort from one of your customers is ludicrous.
Yeah, if I had known how to dupe, I would have. Except I'd laugh at getting my account banned because "oh well, I cheated".
See that's where you're wrong. I don't need to cheat to get anywhere in life or in-game; So why would I cheat if I knew about it? You people justifying it are the ones who need to wake up and realize the people that did it does in fact deserve their bans.
If you're too "good" to read and abide by the ToS you're obviously too "good" to be punished when you're caught..huh?
They are both banning people and fixing the game. Or putting effort into it anyway, who knows if they will succeed.
EDIT: Also is the high horse crap there to fill the void considering stuff like "It's SE's fault!" and "We are nice people!" is not working? Look at who's actions are on trial here.
Yeah. Too good for my linkshell, Mithralovers? Too good to let me into dynamis with my beastmaster subjob? Feh. Cheaters. Playing FFXI just to get gear and advance your character is trash. If only you understood the developers pure hearts. Wake up people indeed, well said.
srywalloftext.
SE makes my brain hurt. Similar problems should be dealt with in a similar manner. Watch the similarity here!... or lack thereof.
Their code dealing with the engaging system back in the day sucked (yay quick attack macro) and they never banned people for this. They patched it in a reasonable amount of time after it became known on bg.
Their code dealing with treasure pool system in recent history sucked (yay duping) and they banned people for this. They did not patch it in a reasonable amount of time after it became known on bg.
Same exact offense by the end user, exploiting a problem with their sucky code to get an advantage over other players, but completely different response by SE.
What I say doesnt make a bit of difference though. GG SE.
All that said, I didnt get banned as I was MIA during this whole time period. I definitely would have exploited the shit out of it had I been online.
Didn't we have the whole moral discussion when SE nerfed the duping? Do we really have to have it again?
Lets wait til couple ppl call to customer service and threat to end their lives if they dont get their accounts back. And once they take their lives and it gets to media we see what SE do about it.
GOGO JP style to drown your sorrow!
<~ among LM-17 btw , GM said its perma when i call him from other account