Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 39 of 216 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 4313

Thread: LM-17     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #761
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    There's a big difference between the two cases.
    The Flee-Mazurka thing was very well known while the dupe exploit was intentionally kept hidden by those who abused it for months, so I think SE wanted to punish them for this reason rather than the fact that they got a bunch of extra pixels.

    Ironically, if the dupe exploit had been made public, I bet a lot of salvage groups would have abused it for a few days before SE fixed it, but at that point it would have been e really dumb move to ban basically the whole level 75-playerbase who attempted to exploit it.

    Sandworm's dupig however was severe enough, a full HQ worm or Guivre loot times 3 means half a relic on my server, and I'm sure on others as well.
    A duping LS who monopolizes Sandworm for months looks like permaban material to me honestly.
    Right, but now say if you figured out that you could dupe things, did it once, reported it, and never did it again, you could hypothetically be banned right now. By SE's logic, you'd be better off posting it everywhere and making it public because hey, they can't ban everyone! That's what makes no sense to me.

  2. #762
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Qtipus View Post
    No real way to justify cheating, but it leads me to try and answer one question and leads to another. If this many people were taking advantage of this exploit, shouldn't that at least send some message to SE about how unhappy people are with the salvage drop rate in general? Taking that into consideration, should that have been factored into determining the punishments?

    I know SE has publicly stated in various interviews they plan on adjusting drop rates specifically in Bhaflau and SSR, so that at least tells me they've acknowledged player base complaints.

    Not saying people are justified in any way for cheating, but from where I'm sitting, people are more encouraged to exploit things like this if conditions are shitty enough for them to even consider it and to that extent, SE is partly to blame.
    Thing is, SE already said they knew people were unhappy with drop rates..but when that shit started doubling/tripling/etc don't you think SE would have seen in the data people were getting drops so they were delaying in adjusting the drop rate? THEN when it turns out that it was an exploit, SE said they'll be taking care of the people that duped and etc and look into adjusting the drop rate of two zones (That apparently has the worst out of them all) in the march or so update.

    Sad thing is...if people just reported it like they were supposed to, none of this would have happened and they would have adjusted the drop rates sooner.

    EVERYTHING you do has consequences, whether you like it or not, or if you can actually see it or not. If SE's data showed a mark increased of Salvage gear, they would think it's fine, but when it turns out it was an exploit they commented on it and that they'll adjust the drop rates after they take care of the duping situation.

  3. #763
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,668
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    I got a LM-17, only used dupe once, i phoned PoL right away, he said "because your case was not as serious as others, you have been given a temp suspension till midnight on the 26th"
    im sure many players here have the chance to "R3" irl then

    u just brought them the light they were hoping to see :D

  4. #764
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,659
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    I got a LM-17, only used dupe once, i phoned PoL right away, he said "because your case was not as serious as others, you have been given a temp suspension till midnight on the 26th"
    nice, some feedback lol

  5. #765
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Ouch even people that accidentally (or didn't know they did it etc) "did" the bug got banned to eh.

    They should follow other game companies that just "roll back" and remove whatever the duplicated items were and any profit gained from it (or just flat out roll back everyone that exploited it really hard).

    I'm sure they keep a log of everything you do down to how many steps a game day you take.

  6. #766
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,657
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I love how Alla takes everything out of context.

  7. #767
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,365
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Right, but now say if you figured out that you could dupe things, did it once, reported it, and never did it again, you could hypothetically be banned right now. By SE's logic, you'd be better off posting it everywhere and making it public because hey, they can't ban everyone! That's what makes no sense to me.
    I reported a glitch and I asked the GM if he could put a note on my account saying I reported it and he did. Maybe he was bullshitting me but hey I'm still here.

  8. #768
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    67
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Lycidia View Post
    Just want to say...

    /wave to the 1600 people currently reading this thread...
    1600?!? Hey mom!!!


    So is the general trend, 1-2 dupes = Temp, 3+Dupes = Perma Leading dupage = Perma??

  9. #769
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1

    LM17 can be either temp or perma. You can not determine yourself and must call the center.

    Edit: had to correct a GM on that in a message and they said oops you're right, either/or.

  10. #770
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    67
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Man allakhazam has a "fucked up childhood" thing going.

    We were all dropped on our heads a few times.

  11. #771
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
    I just wanna know is LM17 is temp, or if it can also be perma, that's all.

    And no, I didn't get hit, I got the e-mail warning Stan got.
    If I remember correctly, 17 can be upgraded to 11.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lycidia View Post
    Just want to say...

    /wave to the 1600 people currently reading this thread...
    /poke

  12. #772
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Man allakhazam has a "fucked up childhood" thing going.
    That's selfish bro, think of all the "Ph4t l00tz".

  13. #773
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Hey, one alla poster has a great idea.

    Instead of letting all that gear/gil go to waste, they should be the prizes in the next mog bonanza!

  14. #774
    DAKPluto
    Guest

    Love the people jumping on the "I did it on accident only!!!"


    Apparently there is a whole lot of idiots disbanding alliance with dorps in the pool on "accident" now.

  15. #775
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    607
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    I got a LM-17, only used dupe once, i phoned PoL right away, he said "because your case was not as serious as others, you have been given a temp suspension till midnight on the 26th"
    and I am sure you will be there at 11:59pm ready to log in, face glued to your PC for your fix.

    Gotta love these assholes that almost get their relics perma'd, a real sign of respect to the people that helped them aquire said relic.

    Ungrateful children.

  16. #776
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1

    PS2 limitations would prevent such a thing.

  17. #777
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    67
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Orochi Lede View Post
    You do forget that this is suppsoed to be an enjoyable game, how fun would it be if all drops where 100% every run, everyone would havre them everywhere and at some point, would be no reason to do salvage anymore. it seems to be a matter of people don't want enjoyment and to work for there gear, they just want to do as little work as possible to get as much as possible.
    Yah, wasn't suggesting that droprates should be 100% on everything. Was simply saying that in salvage, there are some pretty bad cases that can consistently be pointed to. A lot of the SSR drops are at the top of the list. I don't know what the actual % chance of those items dropping are, but when I see numbers of people that have gone literally years w/o seeing one drop, that really speaks to a combination of SE's poor conception of fun and bad luck.

    Not exactly a salvage example, but I've helped run a dynamis shell for 4+ years now. In that time, I've seen droughts of a year + on items like RDM hat, WHM body, PLD body etc that are in super high demand. I had always maintained that for every shell like ours with crappy luck on those drops, there was some shell out there that had crappy luck on stuff we couldn't find homes for like BRD and WAR.

    Part of me wants to say the same applies to Salvage, but it's harder for me to do so when I know people who have spammed the same run 7 days/week for months on end and have never seen the drop they want or have only seen it once. That's not much fun for anyone to go through and that's what leads me to say that if conditions were shitty enough, people are more likely to take advantage of an exploit such as this. That's where I place blame on SE, but it doesn't look like SE took that into consideration when handing out these punishments. Again, no justification for cheating, but I can understand the logic behind wanting to take advantage of it.

  18. #778
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirax View Post
    Morality aside, people broke the rules fine. Lots of people seem so quick to judge and forget that alot of us left are losing friends and shells, people we've known for 4+ years. People that beyond exploiting something stupid, are very nice and very much wanted in game. Did you all lose any friends? I'm just waiting till GM centers up to know how many friends I'm gonna have to say goodbye to.

    The reality of the situation is that these people do not deserve the punishment afforded to them, nor do I deserve to suffer the repercussions of my friends actions. Punishment sure, saying goodbye...that's just not acceptable to me.
    If those people were so important to you, why did you risk losing them?

    Might want to look up the definition of disingenuous.

  19. #779
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    959
    BG Level
    5

    I'm blonde and very much out of the loop.

    What exactly was the dupe glitch? Veyron told me about it briefly like a month ago but I didn't really know what it was lol.

  20. #780
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by DAKPluto View Post
    Love the people jumping on the "I did it on accident only!!!"


    Apparently there is a whole lot of idiots disbanding alliance with dorps in the pool on "accident" now.
    Hey, you have to come to grips with it somehow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    PS2 limitations would prevent such a thing.

    lol Exactly. <3 PS2 limitation, no temptation.

Page 39 of 216 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LM-17s in EVE Online
    By Necronus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2009-02-17, 20:22
  2. LM-17 for spamming emote?
    By Zumin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 2009-02-02, 12:12
  3. LM-17 for spamming Emotes?
    By Zumin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-02-01, 22:39
  4. Anyone else receiving (LM-17)?
    By altwight in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 2008-06-02, 05:00