hmmmm bismarck list is huge
hmmmm bismarck list is huge
I'm pretty sure *most* of the people who are bashing those who are banned (and I'm sure that this has been said) is mostly as a reaction to those who felt that they were more superior than others for knowing the glitch, not just because they like to hit people while they're down.
I mean, when you're telling people that you need "mad skillz" to be able to drop and reform parties and re-lot an item -- then saying that people that didn't know about it didn't deserve to know, /then/ saying that you'll get away with it... Why *wouldn't* people get upset at that?
Yeah... I was pretty confused when I saw Virgil on that list lol.
How do we tell Kotaku that FFXI killed it's own endgame?
blah
It's important to realize this instance applies only to this game. Too many are throwing around a hypothetical with real life subjects to suit their argument on how we're bad people and got what we deserve.
Giving a extraordinary instance where I would've broken my moral code for a greater benefit is exactly the argument I'm trying to get at. The reality is Salvage drops are about as completable as getting a Ridill for everyone in your LS camping Fafnir legitly. You're not going to get that done without sacrificing a lot of your time. Even with the best tool money can buy you're subject to others having a faster/better/closer point on the claim. If you are ok with that, like I was for the most part then you have nothing to worry about.
You can shut yourself off to the other games out there that innovate their programs, encourage feed back from their players, and even adopt 3rd party programs into their products. I guess in SE's defense they are limited by the PS2 by some of this. That still has nothing to do with the time/reward ratio this game has been plagued with from day one.
I've done Salvage for over a year before this exploit landed on my lap. This instance is at first challenging but then like most area's of this game just turns into a grind. Doing the same thing over and over for little to no gain drives anyone away. Again if this is your thing then my argument is mute. If you have nothing but time, FFXI can gladly fill it.
SE's damn lucky they found out when the did. If this went on any longer there would be a greater majority of users caught up in this mess. If you do not wish to accept this that is your choice. It is my opinion that these people who collect our money could care less about us.
.
It is common for HNMLS to bot world spawns. It is common for people to use windower with plug-ins. It is common for players to take advantage for this game wherever they can justify the use. There are more players breaking the ToS everyday then SE can prove.
I got caught, that reality I'm going to have to live with. None of my points take away from that fact. I accept what the ToS says should happen and I'll move on. I will not forgive this company though for its choices. It doesn't take away the reason why I was tempted to cheat in the first place. This game, though loved, is a horrible time sink that SE refuses to change. Further more I don't see why first time ToS offenders where just forced to drop the items and given a 3-day suspension. Being forced to redo the runs they duped is more punishment then validating our reasons to cheat. These game rules are complete and utter bullshit when matched with SE's blatant disregard for the happiness of its players.
Perhaps after all they just wanted to stop us from selling our accounts.
BTW. Who is Megan Fox?
My posts followed yours coherently enough, which is to say I did it without being a surly forum rat cunt.
You're saying SE's inaction against windower users is enough evidence of it being justifiable to use, I guess. That's fine, and completely irrelevant to the whole issue if the only reason for that inaction is that most windower actions are undetectable. For the ones that are, just go and run a looping script to skill up enhancing or summoning in Rolanberry for 12 hours and see what happens.
BG will piss on people for breaking their own individual ethics whether or not SE will ban them for it, whether or not their particular exploit is detectable. What you said is a complete bullshit non-statement.
Sad Foreal is really an impressive LS the fact they get shit done fast and to me their far better than Nin tho i'm sure most of them are temp banned than perm but lesson here don't fuck with SE
at the risk of getting whooshed:
FHM#1 sexiest lady. You may have seen her from the movies Transformers. fap fap fap ect...BTW. Who is Megan Fox?
I guess this is gonna put blms into an even greater demand YAY FOR ME!!!
For everyone who is laughing and saying good riddance to the cheaters...
Some people used this exploit just to look cool or gain a financial advantage over others sure ok, but some people did it just to be able to GET the gear, because to some people gear makes the game funner and more playable and dont give a shit at all about you dweebs and your "epeen" I have a real cock thank you very much, and some of these people are the nicest peeps youd have had the pleasure to meet in FFXI.
People have gone 0/150 on Chelonian, and some people who cant even get to that NM(sadly). When youve done salvage for a year, doing your 7 assaults a week and 2hours assault a night and actually working hard to accomplish your objectives inside the salvage battleground to unlock and pop NM's that have a 1/100 chance to drop(possible even only see 1/6months) and having to lot with 3-4 other people who've earned it just as much as you have is bullshit, and thats why it seems fair to split a drop 3 ways. I dont see how SE can blame people to the point of perma ban. SE even is considering changing the drop rate as well, but not until theyve made us wait long enough for all this to happen.
I got it, this whole thing is like Operation Valkyrie.
Some of the "gaming public" was tired of the way the main organization runs the business.
Then they got together, banded and one "revolutionary" had the schematics of cheating the system that everyone else was confined to. Word of this spread out quickly.
Either some acted upon, or ignored with this "revolutionary idea" - which was that it utilized a fault or an "error" of the original holders, or SE to say.
Plan semi-succeeded, as it won and failed for some. A win for both sides.
Those who were deemed schemers all along, and shockingly some of those high and respectful "officers", were found tied to the case. There was no other way out for these, they were to be executed on sight.
The rest, the minority or those who were apart of the organization as in terms of supporting it/doing minor offenses - were just simply given a few days jail time or did not get caught can expect to proceed as if nothing ever happened.