Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 83 of 216 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 1641 to 1660 of 4313

Thread: LM-17     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1641
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    The reason that the bismarck list is so big is that most of the people on there are all from the same group of linkshells. I think almost all of the people on there are probably from Discoid, Nine Inch Ninjas, or Foreal.
    Your correct but biggest hit is Foreal

  2. #1642
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Wafik: Thanks - ok my question is am I permanently banned, or temporarily suspended
    SEI POL Daniel J: Unfortunately, it appears that the account has been permanently banned.
    Wafik: ok thankyou
    SEI POL Daniel J: We have confirmed that this account take advantage of in-game mechanics not intended as normal means and get increase items.
    Therefore this account is banned today.
    Wafik: is there any way to appeal?
    SEI POL Daniel J: Unfortunately, this means that the account is no longer available. As we do not have an appeals process for banned accounts, the Ban is final.
    Wafik: or possibly log in and distribute my items
    SEI POL Daniel J: Are there any other issues I can assist you with right now, Wafik?
    Wafik: Unless you can unban me, nope

  3. #1643
    THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,204
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    I don't think you even know what a whoosh is you mongoloid

  4. #1644
    Sta
    Sta is offline
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    461
    BG Level
    4

    Wow, look at all those people banned from Bismark.

    I guess now NiN can realy be a "lowman" LS.

  5. #1645
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    105
    BG Level
    3

    SEI POL Anthony P: This account is banned.

    D: So much for that.

  6. #1646
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuuuuu View Post
    Loving the sig Day!

    I wonder if that rhino used a dupe trick to get that treadmill? Hmm.. Did he get LM-#'d too? ;;
    First of all Rhino's don't cheat. If you knew anything about Rhinos you would know that. So no, he did not use a dupe trick to obtain his treadmill, by which, one can assume that no, he did not get LM-#'d. You see Rhinos know right from wrong and have this incredible sense of understanding the concept of consequences. Also he has a fucking brain.

  7. #1647
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    18
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I'm not blaming Square-Enix for my choices. I merely describing the reason why I did what I did. I also pointed out at other instances where SE has done little to punish. This was able to be seen by the log so we're in trouble. Is that to say you can break the ToS all you like as long as SE cannot prove it? Do you really want to spend your time/money on something that is this hypocritical? Like I said before if you are happy with how this game is conducted you have nothing to worry about.

    I really don't see a use in blaming Square-Einx's staff for making this even possible. People make mistakes in anything they do. There are obvious holes in both sides of this. You think they fired anyone who let this slip? Would only be fitting to there 0 tolerance policy they seem to be shielding themselves with atm.

    The people I feel the worst for are the linkshells that just got reamed, and the customer service employee's earning their paychecks and more because of this.

    Man who am I kidding, just got off the phone with Paul from Square-Enix. (Nice guy by the way.) I'm gone for good so, go fuck yourself!

    Seriously though, this game sucks balls. At last Obama's change has struck me!

    CAN WE DUPE ITYES WE CAN'T!

  8. #1648
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,197
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkM. View Post
    Lol, that's not a good comparison by any means. A better comparison would be tax fraud, or cooking the books of a small independent business. My duping of salvage items did not effect your game play.

    Also, I never said what I did wasn't right. The one thing that sticks out to me more than anything is for all the people that are slamming the people that got suspended/banned, almost none of them are looking at the reason people were able to use this exploit. Poor programming on SE's part, and a lack of thorough testing.

    Is it totally their fault? No
    Do they share some of the responsibility for people being able to do this? Yes
    Say you're in a country where speeding is met with jail time and fines (In this case hacking is met with bans). If you speed, you face those consequences. You cannot blame the government for making roads that allow you to go at higher speeds. The permissive cause is never a justification for action.

  9. #1649
    THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,204
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    what the hell are you even talking about

  10. #1650
    MOST RAD.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,665
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Damn, 49 pages in a day. Great thread guys really, haven't had one like this in a very long while.

    Didn't read 19+ but I have a feeling I'm not missing much.

  11. #1651
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    98
    BG Level
    2

    Did anyone else notice they programmed a unique sound effect for the LM-17 screen? It's kind of like a cross between a whoosh and a zing. That was thoughtful of them.

  12. #1652
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    352
    BG Level
    4

    I agree with "you know the ToS, your risk, your own ban"

    However, I do understand that the salvage drop rates could really drive people to the point of considering dupe

    Not riding on a high horse, but just wouldn't "dare" take the risk of losing my char, granted it's really not much compared to most of the players here.

    I don't know, I am generally very patient when it comes to things like this, but I do get and have felt the frustration of the crappy drop rate that is the sadistic ways of SE. However my patience with this game always comes through for me.

    Just a thought, perma-ban might be a bit harsh (not saying that it is not appropriate, as it will really make people think twice when they found an exploit but not report it, it's a good move on SE's part)

    However I do have an alternative:

    Remove all salvage gears from the duping individual and also remove the NPC Ghanraam from their game.

  13. #1653
    The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,045
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    My reply about mini was in response to the what mini is doing now, not the post I queoted. Its just the one I found first.

  14. #1654
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawin View Post
    Did anyone else notice they programmed a unique sound effect for the LM-17 screen? It's kind of like a cross between a whoosh and a zing. That was thoughtful of them.
    Not banned...so no clue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewind View Post
    Just a thought, perma-ban might be a bit harsh (not saying it's not deserved)

    However I do have an alternative:

    Remove all salvage gears from the duping individual and also remove the NPC Ghanraam from their game.
    A few problems with that:

    1. Simply removing the gear in general won't teach them, that's a slap on the wrist.
    2. The NPC is a universal NPC, so they can't remove him from just 1 person's client.
    3. The temp ban people should have their gear removed since the temp ban was already the slap on the wrist, the rest would be "now you won't do this again, will you? :D"

  15. #1655
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    30
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewind View Post
    Just a thought, perma-ban might be a bit harsh (not saying it's not deserved)

    However I do have an alternative:

    Remove all salvage gears from the duping individual and also remove the NPC Ghanraam from their game.
    I got one better, take all their gear and redistribute it to legit players then erase all their merits and delevel them to 50 resetting g1-5.

  16. #1656
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,047
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewind View Post
    Just a thought, perma-ban might be a bit harsh (not saying it's not deserved)

    However I do have an alternative:

    Remove all salvage gears from the duping individual and also remove the NPC Ghanraam from their game.
    stop talking

  17. #1657
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Anyone got banned for sandworm duping? I wonder how they were targeting people, because they wouldn't hit the whole alliance probably.

  18. #1658
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    55
    BG Level
    2

    I do so love the people going "Well now we're banned maybe you lolnoob faggots can get into endgame".

    I forgot the individuals spewing this self absorbed bullshit were born with the knowledge of this game and that they've never once, not once, wiped to anything in an unplanned fashion.

    Only noobs mess up, right?

    Wrong.

    Go get over yourselves. Being banned is the first step to achieving this.

  19. #1659
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,046
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Anyone got banned for sandworm duping? I wonder how they were targeting people, because they wouldn't hit the whole alliance probably.
    Depends on which logs they decided to view, SE said they aren't done passing out bans, so there's likely more than one phase, phase one being salvage/nyzul dupers.

  20. #1660
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    395
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Say you're in a country where speeding is met with jail time and fines (In this case hacking is met with bans). If you speed, you face those consequences. You cannot blame the government for making roads that allow you to go at higher speeds. The permissive cause is never a justification for action.
    I agree with what you posted, and you analogy is a lot better than the robbing the bank one. But SE had made a precedence of not dealing with people that had used what I will call "victimless glitches" in the past.

    I know the majority of people that are posting in this thread don't agree with what I am about to say, but ultimately I don't agree with the way they handled dealing with this. To just email warn some people, suspended others, and ban even more, shows a lack of consistency.

    My group specifically knew about the exploit the 2 weeks leading up to when it was patched. In hindsight, would I have done it differently, probably. But like they say hindsight is 20/20.

Page 83 of 216 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LM-17s in EVE Online
    By Necronus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2009-02-17, 20:22
  2. LM-17 for spamming emote?
    By Zumin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 2009-02-02, 12:12
  3. LM-17 for spamming Emotes?
    By Zumin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-02-01, 22:39
  4. Anyone else receiving (LM-17)?
    By altwight in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 2008-06-02, 05:00