Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 91

Thread: Burn Notice Season 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #21
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,095
    BG Level
    8

    Yes.

  2. #22
    GRT
    GRT is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,272
    BG Level
    7

    Bleh, does the story progression suggest in any way that he will ever get out?

  3. #23
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    Bleh, does the story progression suggest in any way that he will ever get out?
    When he finds out who burned him...

  4. #24
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    893
    BG Level
    5

    I rewatched the prior season and I was wondering if anybody could fill in a black spot for me....

    Spoiler: show
    So in last season's finale he finally met with the guy who burned him at the parking deck and before he could get any info out the guy who burned him was assassinated, right? Karla was supposedly the shooter but did we ever figure out why she shot the guy? (Besides needing Michael to steal various things (key card, Draganov, etc) for the hit in the end) I think the delay between seasons has caused me to blank on Karla's real role over the seasons.

  5. #25
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Talus View Post
    As a rule, I typically think extensive voice overs are pretty much a cop-out device, but in the case of Burn Notice, I really like them a lot. I'm not sure why, but maybe because Michael is full of fun facts about the spy world.
    If you can catch them, the earlier episodes of MacGyver have the same kind of voice-over factoids.. That kind of detail only adds to the appeal of of a show.

  6. #26
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Best show ever.

    Hands down. Really hope the actually advance the storyline this season though. First EP made it seem like they were just going to do the Carla shit allllll over again.

  7. #27
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,095
    BG Level
    8

    Michael Irvin He'd best be gone soon.

  8. #28
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    247
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Very fun episode. Although an Xzibit quote or two could have been appropriate.

    Spoiler: show
    Gogo ghetto armored car!

  9. #29
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    57
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    yea wtf w/ Irvin in cameo lol

  10. #30
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    BTW, it's still Season 2, not 3 like the title suggests.

  11. #31
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Spoiler: show
    I'm beginning to think that Carla got burned too.

  12. #32
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    I really liked this episode, I know most people are eager to get onto the main storyline, but I love how he solves all these little problems. The way he messed with Felix the first couple of times was great to watch.

  13. #33
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I really liked this episode, I know most people are eager to get onto the main storyline, but I love how he solves all these little problems. The way he messed with Felix the first couple of times was great to watch.
    lol, I love the different accents he uses when he's undercover.

  14. #34
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    lol, I love the different accents he uses when he's undercover.
    Yeah, but he's starting to repeat some of them. Need new ones!

  15. #35
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco View Post
    Yeah, but he's starting to repeat some of them. Need new ones!
    Yeah I noticed that last week... oh well.

  16. #36
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Good episode, plenty of excellent expressions from Michael towards Seymour, lol.

  17. #37
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Seymour is great lol.

  18. #38
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    247
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Seymour is great lol.


    I'm hoping they keep him as a semi-regular like Barry the Money Launderer. Also, we had an entire episode without Carla! (i think, at least I don't remember her at all)

    Next week's preview looks promising too.

  19. #39
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    I'm really happy for Donovan, I think he totally deserves this.

    'Burn Notice' star getting big raise
    Jeffrey Donovan more than doubles current salary

    By Nellie Andreeva

    Feb 6, 2009, 01:00 AM ET
    hr/photos/stylus/70250-donovan_jeffrey_341x182.jpg

    Jeffrey Donovan (Getty Images photo)
    He plays the coolest guy on TV. Now Jeffrey Donovan has a cool new raise to match.

    The star of USA Network's breakout hit "Burn Notice" has renegotiated his pact with the series' producer, Fox TV Studios.

    Under the new agreement, Donovan will be paid $125,000-$150,000 an episode, a big bump from the $55,000 he used to make.

    As is the practice, especially in cable, the cost of the pay increase will be shared between FTVS and USA.

    Donovan's new deal also adds one year to his original seven-year contract for the show.

    "Notice," which launched in July 2007, is in the midst of the winter portion of its second season.

    On the stylish action dramedy, Donovan plays Michael Westen, a blacklisted former spy helping people in need while tracking down the people who burned him.

    It has become a star-making role for Donovan, who before that toplined USA's short-lived series "Touching Evil." He went on toco-star in Clint Eastwood's "Changeling."

    "Burn Notice" ranks as the top cable drama series among adults 18-49. Its winter premiere two weeks ago hit a series high in the 18-49, which was eclipsed by a demo record last week.

    Donovan is repped by Paradigm.

  20. #40
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    254
    BG Level
    4

    7year contract? Is that normal for a tv series to sign? Does that mean he's guaranteed that money if the show folds over in 2 years?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Burn Notice
    By Despain in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 811
    Last Post: 2013-09-16, 20:30
  2. Burn Notice season 3
    By Arrmani in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-06-01, 20:06
  3. Burn Notice - Season 2, oh yeah!
    By Vedder in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 2008-09-19, 04:36