Page 107 of 352 FirstFirst ... 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 2121 to 2140 of 7027
  1. #2121
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,284
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    NL Home Run Derby participants are predictable. Howard, Pujols, Fielder and Gonzalez. All 1B. Phillies breaking Johnny Cueto. 4-0 in the bottom of the 1st.

  2. #2122
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,458
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Have the Phillies finally remembered how they're supposed to play at home?

  3. #2123
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,458
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Hahahaha oh my God. 10 nothing bottom 1st still.

  4. #2124
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Cueto drops from 4th in NL ERA to tied for 17th in one inning.

    Terrible But hey, I'm guaranteed a win with Moyer pitching in the last game.

  5. #2125
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,872
    BG Level
    10

    I'm so good at fantasy baseball that I have a 121.50 ERA.

    this shit is all your fault Headspace

  6. #2126
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I'm so good at fantasy baseball that I have a 121.50 ERA.

    this shit is all your fault Headspace
    I told you to grab him. I didn't tell you to start him during back spasms.


  7. #2127
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,872
    BG Level
    10

    In the previous start, he did this:
    Cueto overcame a stiff back Wednesday night to hold Arizona to one hits while striking out eight in six innings of a 1-0 win.
    Don't use the back-spasms as an excuse, this is still your fault.

  8. #2128
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,939
    BG Level
    7

    It's early but phils are gonna be a hot team at home and terrible on the road now

  9. #2129
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Dusty Bakerism.

  10. #2130
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Cubs are hot and are playing a lot better since they removed soriani from the leadoff spot. Brewers got to get their shit together and help us out.

  11. #2131
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,872
    BG Level
    10

    Gallardo vs. Wainwright tomorrow. I'm sure we'll lose 2-1 or something stupid. Gallardo's last 3 losses he gave up 1, 3, and 2 earned runs. We suck at giving him run support.

  12. #2132
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    This is how bad umpiring has gotten.

    Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | TOR@NYY: Girardi is ejected in the first inning - Video | yankees.com: Multimedia

    -Play in question.

    "I was just baffled by the explanation," Jeter said. "I was told I was out, because the ball beat me, and he didn't have to tag me. I was unaware they had changed the rules."

    "I just pulled my hands back and got called out," Jeter said. "I've seen everybody make mistakes on calls before, but I was baffled by the explanation."

    Jeter immediately jumped up and confronted Foster, saying he hadn't been tagged by Rolen.

    "He told me, 'He didn't have to,'" Jeter said. "I'm not making this up. This is what I was told."
    ..and the crew chief's response.


    Crew chief John Hirschbeck lent credence to Jeter's claim.
    "It would make his actions seem appropriate if that's what he was told," Hirschbeck said.

    Hirschbeck did not make Foster available to reporters.
    "The best way I can answer it is to talk to Marty about it," Hirschbeck said. "Not here at the ballpark, but if I see him tonight, or if not, we'll have lunch tomorrow and we'll discuss it. Getting a play right is one thing, but how you handle it is also important. Nowadays, with the cameras, ESPN and the reporters, I say the media, I actually mean television -- it used to be if the ball beat you, you were out, but it isn't that way anymore. It's not a reason to call someone out. You have to make a good tag."

    Jeter's attempt on a 2-1 pitch with Nick Swisher at the plate would have given the Yankees a runner at third with no outs. Jeter was pulled away from the argument by third base coach Rob Thomson. Hirschbeck admitted Jeter doesn't argue very often.

    "Yes, in my 27 years in the big leagues, he is probably the classiest person I've been around," the crew chief said.
    tl;dr: Jeter got called out for trying to steal third, ump blows it and says the ball beat him to the bag so a tag wasn't necessary. What the fuck.

  13. #2133
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Gallardo vs. Wainwright tomorrow. I'm sure we'll lose 2-1 or something stupid. Gallardo's last 3 losses he gave up 1, 3, and 2 earned runs. We suck at giving him run support.
    Go brewers!

  14. #2134
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,939
    BG Level
    7

    I know you all are all about ragging on umpires, but what the fuck man, it happens to everyone equally. that and you guys whining about pitches, instituting something like that hawk eye shit is gonna up walk totals beyond ridiculous, to the point where it's boring

  15. #2135
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    I know you all are all about ragging on umpires, but what the fuck man, it happens to everyone equally. that and you guys whining about pitches, instituting something like that hawk eye shit is gonna up walk totals beyond ridiculous, to the point where it's boring
    Not talking about balls and strikes here. Trying to be as unbiased as possible, there were 3 seperate calls that didn't go the Yankee's way today that were pretty horrible. The play where Jeter was called out you could see pretty clearly in real time that the tag was late. And wtf kind of explanation is that? Called out just cuz the throw beat him there? Yeah, that's cool especially when that 1 run ends up being the difference in the game. The umpiring has been a real problem this year, not just today. Call it whining all you want.

  16. #2136
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,458
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Yankees got hosed on multiple calls today. I still don't understand why they don't institute something more like a football challenge for close plays like that. Balls and strikes is one thing, but there's no reason to not allow for review on close tags as well as home runs.

  17. #2137
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    I know you all are all about ragging on umpires, but what the fuck man, it happens to everyone equally. that and you guys whining about pitches, instituting something like that hawk eye shit is gonna up walk totals beyond ridiculous, to the point where it's boring
    You sorta completely whiffed out on the point didn't you?

    No one was arguing balls and strikes, the umpire called Jeter out and then said Rolen didn't have to tag him because the ball beat him to the bag. That's not in the rulebooks and has nothing to do with "shit like this happens everyday!"

  18. #2138
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,939
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    You sorta completely whiffed out on the point didn't you?

    No one was arguing balls and strikes, the umpire called Jeter out and then said Rolen didn't have to tag him because the ball beat him to the bag. That's not in the rulebooks and has nothing to do with "shit like this happens everyday!"
    No I didn't whiff, I was commenting on you and your buddy always whining about bad calls. They're there and his reasoning for calling him out were wrong, but they stand because that's the way it is. Implementing review for things like fair or foul (on the line, not HRs which they already have) would disrupt the flow of the game.

    Replays would slow games down even more so, even with limited challenges. One game of bad calls won't make or break the season like in other sports.

  19. #2139
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Don't think I've seen fren whine about calls, ever. Perhaps you're confusing "calls" with "Joe Girardi" and "replays" with "Dustin Pedroia's OPS+"

  20. #2140
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,939
    BG Level
    7

    I lump you two together, but yeah one of you were complaining about Adam Dunn's strikeout to give Randy Johnson his 300th or whatever it was.

Page 107 of 352 FirstFirst ... 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1451
    Last Post: 2012-03-23, 10:33
  2. Replies: 4567
    Last Post: 2011-11-01, 11:00
  3. Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 2011-04-09, 10:47
  4. 2010 MLB Season Discussion
    By Cephius in forum Sports
    Replies: 8309
    Last Post: 2010-11-16, 20:47
  5. MLB '08 Season Discussion
    By Doombard in forum Sports
    Replies: 1420
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 16:58
  6. 2008 MLB season
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-04-08, 18:25
  7. 2008 MLB Season
    By Lordcaim in forum Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-03-05, 08:25