Page 13 of 352 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 7027
  1. #241
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    I'm excited and thought I'd share it here. In April I get to go to both a Yankees/Red Sox game at Fenway (my first ever time there) and a Giants/Dodgers game in LA. There's a decent possibility that I might not make it home alive from LA after I show up to the bleachers wearing all of my Giants garb.

    Let me know when you're in Boston. We should get together.

  2. #242
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    There's about 600 seats at the new Yankee Stadium going for about $5. The kicker being..that they're obstructed from the playing field.

    They built a bunch of seats around the restaurant in CF and the people who are sitting on the side of it, can't see shit. It's a pretty good deal though as there's giant screens showing the game along with the whole atmosphere of just being there.

  3. #243
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    This was yesterday:

    Johan Santana was scratched from his planned outing in Friday's exhibition due to some elbow stiffness.
    Santana said he experiences tightness in the elbow annually. He thinks it might have happened now because he's been throwing more than usual in an effort to show the Mets that his surgically repaired knee is sound. He'll likely throw a bullpen Sunday and start a game in the middle of next week.
    This is today:

    UPDATE, 9:51 a.m.: Big news from Mets camp. Johan Santana is out “indefinitely” with a sore elbow. That is ominous news.
    The word "elbow" is probably the last thing you wanna hear regarding your $137mil pitcher.

  4. #244
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    He did pitch a lot at the end of last season, working off 3 days rest and all. All reports I heard say its just the Mets being overly cautious, and why wouldn't they since its still February. If he starts missing starts in late March then I think the alarms should go off.

  5. #245
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    He did pitch a lot at the end of last season, working off 3 days rest and all. All reports I heard say its just the Mets being overly cautious, and why wouldn't they since its still February. If he starts missing starts in late March then I think the alarms should go off.
    He's lost a bit of velo and hasn't used his slider nearly as often the last few years.

    Johan Santana Statistics Pitching | FanGraphs Baseball

    Probably too early to jump the gun, but eh, doubt its for precautionary reasons.

  6. #246
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    This was yesterday:



    This is today:



    The word "elbow" is probably the last thing you wanna hear regarding your $137mil pitcher.
    Yeah. I know I argued for Santana earlier in the thread, about how he was comparable to CC and all, but I'm going to go ahead and eat my words, admit I was wrong somewhat, and say I was worried about this last year as well. I guess the way he performed + the Mets bullpen wasn't TOO much of a worry, but I did know how his velocity seemed to take a dip, and what not.

    If Santana indeed has real elbow problems.. the Mets hole that was just closed for closers, just got opened big time for starters.

  7. #247
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    I'm excited and thought I'd share it here. In April I get to go to both a Yankees/Red Sox game at Fenway (my first ever time there) and a Giants/Dodgers game in LA. There's a decent possibility that I might not make it home alive from LA after I show up to the bleachers wearing all of my Giants garb.
    Let me know when you goto fenway.... I do security there.

  8. #248
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,673
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    I'm excited and thought I'd share it here. In April I get to go to both a Yankees/Red Sox game at Fenway (my first ever time there) and a Giants/Dodgers game in LA. There's a decent possibility that I might not make it home alive from LA after I show up to the bleachers wearing all of my Giants garb.
    Bonus points to you if Manny ends up signing with the Giants and you wear his Jersey.

  9. #249
    Chram
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,702
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    Let me know when you goto fenway.... I do security there.
    Can you get me on the field or something? 'Cause that would be awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Bonus points to you if Manny ends up signing with the Giants and you wear his Jersey.
    I think my Bonds jersey will get me enough hate as it is; I don't want to push it.

  10. #250
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    Can you get me on the field or something? 'Cause that would be awesome.



    I think my Bonds jersey will get me enough hate as it is; I don't want to push it.
    /doubt

    there would be no place for you on the field, where no one would bother you lol

    might just be able to get you into some "restricted" seating areas if your lucky

  11. #251
    Chram
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,702
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    /doubt

    there would be no place for you on the field, where no one would bother you lol

    might just be able to get you into some "restricted" seating areas if your lucky
    I'll give you a PM when it gets closer. We could at least give each other a nerdy "Yay BG!" high five to each other.

  12. #252
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    I'll give you a PM when it gets closer. We could at least give each other a nerdy "Yay BG!" high five to each other.
    Hahaha

    i'm down for that.

  13. #253
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Pohi, you can borrow my Manny jersey if you want to get heckled at Fenway.

    @jmcgarrel, how often do you do security at the games? I've already got tickets for April 17th and Oct. 2nd down by Pesky's Pole. My sister's bf has season seats in Sec.42, so I'm sure I'll end up in those seats a few times too.

  14. #254
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,634
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Pohi, you can borrow my Manny jersey if you want to get heckled at Fenway.

    @jmcgarrel, how often do you do security at the games? I've already got tickets for April 17th and Oct. 2nd down by Pesky's Pole. My sister's bf has season seats in Sec.42, so I'm sure I'll end up in those seats a few times too.
    I use to do the details there last year, maybe two games a week.

    Now im getting laid off in june, so im doing security at every sox game lol

  15. #255
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    580
    BG Level
    5

    Jim Bowden finally gone. One of the best things that happened to that franchise in awhile.

  16. #256
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,673
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    They'll still hire someone horribly retarded to continue the fine tradition of running that franchise right into the ground.

  17. #257
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Met Josh Beckett today when he came into my store to look around with his wife/gf. Pretty kewl guy.

  18. #258
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    About Bowden, I'm gonna miss his free-wheeling deals, it seemed like he would always look to buy or sell anyone at any given time. But I guess this whole Dominican scandal is a bigger deal than I thought, Jose Rijo was the head of scouting for the Nats down there and he resigned a couple days ago. But yeah, I have very little faith that they will hire anybody competent.

    About Fenway, my girlfriend and I went there for game 2 of the ALCS in '07, she in her Sizemore player t-shirt and I in my Hafner (which she bought for me.) I would say about 95% of the fans were civil to us, both at the bars around Fenway and in the stadium. I even had some pretty good conversations standing in line for concessions and whatnot, very knowledgeable baseball fans for the most part. The rude 5% were unfortunately in the "standing room area," a painted yellow box right behind our seats in the last row on the lower level. Those bastards were relentless the whole damn time, one of them thought it was funny to keep flipping my hat off during the game. I had to ask the usher if they were allowed to be heckling us, and he of course did nothing and claimed we were "obstructing their view." That's the last time I sit anywhere near there when I go to Fenway. So don't be too afraid when wearing another team's jersey in Boston, I only had four or five assholes ruin an otherwise great experience there.

  19. #259
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

  20. #260
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    About Fenway, my girlfriend and I went there for game 2 of the ALCS in '07, she in her Sizemore player t-shirt and I in my Hafner (which she bought for me.) I would say about 95% of the fans were civil to us, both at the bars around Fenway and in the stadium. I even had some pretty good conversations standing in line for concessions and whatnot, very knowledgeable baseball fans for the most part. The rude 5% were unfortunately in the "standing room area," a painted yellow box right behind our seats in the last row on the lower level. Those bastards were relentless the whole damn time, one of them thought it was funny to keep flipping my hat off during the game. I had to ask the usher if they were allowed to be heckling us, and he of course did nothing and claimed we were "obstructing their view." That's the last time I sit anywhere near there when I go to Fenway. So don't be too afraid when wearing another team's jersey in Boston, I only had four or five assholes ruin an otherwise great experience there.
    Fenway crowds have tamed a ton since '04. Even before then, when the current ownership took over, things started improving. I remember sitting in the bleachers in the '90s and seeing guys in opposing team's gear get tripped going down the stairs, and shit like that. The worst heckling I've seen in recent years was when the first game against the Brewers got rained out last year. A group of eight Brewer fans painted "BREWERS!" on their chests. Someone lobbed half a hotdog at the guy with the exclamation point, and yelled, "There's no 'I' in 'Brewers' you jackass." Suffice it to say, those Brewer fans probably didn't leave with the sense that the northeast is one of the most well educated parts of the country >_<

    Quick edit: Those eight guys didn't make it to the make up game the following night, unfortunately. It would've been fun, since they were a few seats over from me, and their were a number of Brewer fans in Sec.41 with them.

Page 13 of 352 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1451
    Last Post: 2012-03-23, 10:33
  2. Replies: 4567
    Last Post: 2011-11-01, 11:00
  3. Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 2011-04-09, 10:47
  4. 2010 MLB Season Discussion
    By Cephius in forum Sports
    Replies: 8309
    Last Post: 2010-11-16, 20:47
  5. MLB '08 Season Discussion
    By Doombard in forum Sports
    Replies: 1420
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 16:58
  6. 2008 MLB season
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-04-08, 18:25
  7. 2008 MLB Season
    By Lordcaim in forum Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-03-05, 08:25