Honestly? Probably never. We could see 'leaked' names for a while..
Honestly? Probably never. We could see 'leaked' names for a while..
Because it's bullshit and you know it. You're judging someone on how they talk, not how they act. Of course A-rod sounds like a doofus, but at least he came clean instead of hiding behind bullshit excuses.
Sosa is Papi, minus the rings and the cult following. Baseball been berry berry good to dem.
I tend to agree. They mentioned Andro during the press conference, iirc it's been found in supplements that didn't have it listed in the ingredients, and it's since been seen in a bad light since the McGwire incident. Unfortunately GNC has already become the easy excuse for taking shit because they didn't know they were taking it.
Just rip the band-aid off already - release all the positive tests, all the names, and what each specific substance was they tested positive for.
This is going beyond suspensions, 50 games or one year doesn't really matter to me. Manny is proof that all positive PED tests/suspensions are not created equal in the public's mind. But I think it hit home to Ortiz that this speaks to guys' whole careers, asterisks and tainted World Series titles. I'm very against going back and doing anything rash about past tests, I'm even giving Ortiz the benefit of the doubt about the 2003 test since he's been clean since (as far as anyone knows) and really wish people would just move on. It's just that Papi was definitely in a "throw the book at 'em" stance until his name was leaked, and I do find the ironing to be somewhat delicious.
No one here has spoke to this still:
Didn't he test negative during mandatory testing for six years following the 2003 tests? Everyone says "oh well his numbers from the Twins spiraled way the hell out of control after he joined RS, people don't just get magically better like that." Really? Those couldn't be his peak years? He's had two horrible slumps this year, two months in the beginning of the season and he went 0 for 16 for a period after the all star break. But hitters "don't just lose their strength all of a sudden," that's what everyone says. Can't he just be in a slump? Why does he have to be coming off roids when his numbers dip and he has a bad year coming off wrist surgery?
Giambi, Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, A-rod, and (until this year) Manny never tested positive for steroids after 2003 either. It doesn't mean they didn't take HGH (which there is no test for) or other non-detectable drugs.
And seriously, get off his nuts about "being in a slump". Really, 33 years old and just now he's "in a slump" for two thirds of the season and counting? His wrist injury was two years ago, are you seriously still saying that's the reason?
He wasn't just bad with the Twins, he was released because he couldn't catch up to fastballs inside or hit for power. Then the Red Sox pick him up, and he magically catches up to every single fastball down and in, and his production goes through the roof. And then it comes out that he was on the 2003 list, and even Sox fans aren't surprised. I'm not sure where it's clear that he's different from anyone else.
In other news, Josh Hamilton is back in the news for all the wrong reasons.
I'm guessing no one is happier about the timing of the Ortiz thing and the Sox/Yankees series than Hamilton right now. Normally pics like these would be everywhere:
Spoiler: show
Oh the wife can't be too happy about that.... geez
If I was a baseball player, I'd kill someone the minute a big name is leaked for steroids.
AJ/CC's line over the last two games: 15.1 IP, 3 hits, 0 runs, 15 Ks. Wow. That's how you win championships.
Red Sox haven't scored since the 9th inning on Friday, in garbage time. Never had a runner on 3rd today.
5.5 games up now, and David Ortiz strikes out looking to end the game. I sleep well tonight.
lol, what? They haven't scored since Thursday. They lost yesterday 2-0 on that 15th inning walk-off, remember? >.> I can see how that long game could have thrown you off.
Either way, the Sox offense has been absolutely dreadful, and in contrast, the Yankees pitching has been outstanding. I knew I liked my pick of them to win the AL East.![]()
Nick Johnson just pulled a Louis Castillo to allow the Phils to take the lead.
They can't get a key hit to save their lives right now, hopefully they'll break out of their offensive slump soon.
Nats have been playing well. They've almost played themselves out of the #1 pick.
Also, to the Giants fans (you know who you are).. Atlanta is trying to help you guys out.
I can't wait till this series is over, the umpire crew is absolutely dreadful. All three plate umps have had no semblance of a consistent strike zone and I've seen a couple badly blown calls in the field.
Also we really need to stop relying on the long ball so much and start trying to manufacture runs. We have a couple legitimate base stealing threats and I wish Cholly would use them a bit. It doesn't help when you're hitting around .150 with runners in scoring position the last 2 weeks either.
The Phillies just cannot get a key hit to save their lives right now. And this game is getting out of hand with Victorino being thrown out of the game by the home plate umpire from center field, Paul Bako getting tossed, and the crowd getting nasty.