Wouldnt work for this game anyway, Posada got pinch ran for.
Wouldnt work for this game anyway, Posada got pinch ran for.
Wow that should have been a double.
Never watch baseball, but that was a monster screw job the twins just got.
WOOT TEX!!!!
I watched that shit on TV and couldn't believe he called it foul even before the replay. The ONLY thing I can think that might have confused him was Melky's foot ... Like he thought the foot was the ball since his leg kinda covered the view
LOL game over!
Hard to say they deserve anything after getting 0 runs with bases loaded 0 outs.
Not a Yankees fan, but it will be hilarious if they win it with how much complaining will go on about that half of that inning.
WALK OFF LOL.
GJ NATHAN
Twins would've scored had it not been for that blown double.
aswenton.tk is better IMO.
What a fucking game, Merriweather is fucking atrocious. The LF ump blew that double by Mauer made up for it.
My twinkies just got fucking robbed. Our runner would have scored from third if not for that call. We would still be playing now. FUCK
Nathan was shaking so hard when they had close ups on him. HD TV captured that shit.
Going to hear about the fair foul ball for the next couple days and its gonna suck.
If anything that homer should have tied the game, twins got screwed hard there.
I'm sure they'll face it like men and say that they gotta push a run across with bases loaded with no outs in any situation. That was just weak.
I said it before numerous times after watching the umpires this year: They'd blow a game in the postseason. And guess what, they did. I don't wanna hear from any Twin fan though, that blown call almost makes up for the ridiculous strike zone the last two nights.
The Twins had chances all night long against Burnett and the whole bullpen. Even with that blown call they had the bases loaded and no outs and couldn't push a run across. This the playoffs son, can't do that.
Also: Clutch-rod.
Send Phil Cuzzi to the fucking minors next year. He's not the only one either, officiating in the past week has been terrible overall. I've only had time to watch the Twins games and in the last 3, there have been two late game blown calls. Mauer's hit and the non-call on Brandon Inge being beaned with the bases loaded (easier to miss since it was only his jersey, but still). There have been other calls that seemed wrong, like the wonky strike zones mentioned above.
The Twins should have won the game regardless of that call, it was just the thing that made me rage in the end. How can you leave SEVENTEEN players on base?
So far, the playoffs have been dullsville. Seriously. Three 2-0 Series and a 1-1 series between the Phillies/Rockies that gets no pub at all. Incoming Red Sox coming back to beat the Angels in three straight, playing the Yankees, getting curbstomped and so on. Actually, I bet the Yankees are praying the Red Sox win. While it was split down the middle with their series, I dunno if the Yankees want the Angels in a best of seven.
As far as the NL goes, way to be a huge disappointment St. Louis. The Dodgers aren't that good and yet the Cards are finding ways to blow their face off.
As far as the Phillies/Rockies, I just pray to god the Rockies lose. I don't want a Yankees/Rockies World Series. I doubt I'd watch it tbh, but then again football>baseball as it is, so D:
Gonna blow up today if the Cards are in a save situation in the 9th today and Smoltz isn't pitching against right handed hitters. FFS. Rockies win today Phillies got some work to do. Hell the Phillies gotta find a way to get 2 from the Rockies in Coors. Game 5 and Cook pitching. I unno he's been on fire since coming off the DL. Rested arms this late can be dangerous.
Poor Twins, can't say much more than that. Nathan bombs against Yankees again. Twins can't push a run. And let's hope the Angels take game 3 so there's no talk bout "the Sox are at it again" bullshit.
Hah, Coors is covered in snow.
Yup...Game 3 postponed till tomorrow. Dammit that was gunna keep me entertained tonight at work.