Page 231 of 352 FirstFirst ... 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 281 ... LastLast
Results 4601 to 4620 of 7027
  1. #4601
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Apparently the game wasn't sold out either, but I think that speaks more to the new high prices. Also, a reason for fans leaving early -- you don't get the hardcore fans in there like you usually would. They are all watching the game at home or at a bar.
    Attendence last night was 50,257 which is a sellout obviously. Also the Yankees don't set prices for World Series tickets, the MLB does... so they were a lot cheaper to begin with. Of course, you wouldn't know that looking at stubhub. But that's people gouging the prices.

    Also speaking of the Mets, they were the last team to win a World Series after they got shut out in game 1. ('86)

  2. #4602
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Attendence last night was 50,257 which is a sellout obviously. Also the Yankees don't set prices for World Series tickets, the MLB does... so they were a lot cheaper to begin with. Of course, you wouldn't know that looking at stubhub. But that's people gouging the prices.

    Also speaking of the Mets, they were the last team to win a World Series after they got shut out in game 1. ('86)
    I wonder what source the radio was going with this morning then. The claim they made was last night was a couple thousand short and games 1 and 2 of the ALCS were also just short as well.

    Oh well, go Dallas trying to figure out New York shit lol.

  3. #4603
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    I wonder what source the radio was going with this morning then. The claim they made was last night was a couple thousand short and games 1 and 2 of the ALCS were also just short as well.

    Oh well, go Dallas trying to figure out New York shit lol.
    Yeah, you'd think if you were to make that kind of statement, you'd take the 5 seconds it requires to go to Wikipedia and realize that the seat capacity is 50,086. So yeah, I dunno, it was definitely a sellout. There's more standing room but.. I don't know if they can sell that during the WS.

  4. #4604
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,939
    BG Level
    7

    Attendance 50,207 (96.1% full) - % is based on regular season capacity

  5. #4605
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    Attendance 50,207 (96.1% full) - % is based on regular season capacity
    Like I just said, there are 50,086 seats. There's standing room, but I doubt you can use that in the World Series due to the extra media, security, etc. But yeah, keep thinking the Yankees didn't sell out a World Series game. I tried to get tickets and it was near impossible.

  6. #4606
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,939
    BG Level
    7

    Uh, you can use them, I'm going to game 3 in standing room.

  7. #4607
    Soa
    Soa is offline
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,889
    BG Level
    6

    They use a section of the normal stands for extra media, not standing room areas.

    Also they were several reports saying tickets were being sold at the gate up until game time, but they were likely extra standing room tickets they released last second. I could give a flying fuck if it was a sellout or not to be honest either.

    And yes MLB sets World Series ticket prices not the teams. I remember reading the Steinbrenner's weren't pleased about this at all.

  8. #4608
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Like I just said, there are 50,086 seats. There's standing room, but I doubt you can use that in the World Series due to the extra media, security, etc. But yeah, keep thinking the Yankees didn't sell out a World Series game. I tried to get tickets and it was near impossible.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that is where the confusion came in. They looked at attendance, looked at capacity and figured "hey, not a sellout." They were floored by it, and really couldn't believe it -- I can see why now. Thanks for clearing that up.

  9. #4609
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    The real question is, if Ratliff goes to a game does he count as 1 man or 100?

  10. #4610
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Over 9000

  11. #4611
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    I think Heyman said it best today, if the Yankees can't beat Pedro at this point in his career in this stadium, they don't deserve to win the World Series. If the Yanks lose today I think its over, not a sweep, but over eventually. If the Yanks get a convincing win today I think it goes 7.

  12. #4612
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Hariston and Molina in the same lineup. Kill me now.

    We have a corpse hitting behind ARod.

  13. #4613
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Eh, Hairston can't do any worse than Swisher has been doing. And let's be honest, Jorge hasn't been lighting it up either. He single handedly kept the Angels in it in Game 6 with those GIDPs. Molina will be up there for only 1 or 2 at bats anyway.

  14. #4614
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    If only I hadn't heard this song like nine million times.

  15. #4615
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Even if you have aki its worth it to see Alisha Key's fine ass, my the nasty things I would do to that ass.

  16. #4616
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Ozzzziiiieee

  17. #4617
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    FOX audio equipment is fucking terrible. Barely heard the crowd during yesterday's introductions and I barely understood anything out of Jay's mouth.

  18. #4618
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Do you Philly guys like Mitch Williams? He seems like a bit of a blowhard to me. I only knew him before this week as the guy who blew the 93 series, but he's the one who started this whole "Utley is playing badly hurt" business and said that Rollins is a better player than Jeter. I mean... even if you die hard Phillies, you might say that Rollins is as good as Jeter, but better?

  19. #4619
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    FOX is fucking terrible.
    Fixed

  20. #4620
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    John Legend singing the anthem tonite.. much better than whoever that idiot was last night who mangled it.

Page 231 of 352 FirstFirst ... 181 221 229 230 231 232 233 241 281 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1451
    Last Post: 2012-03-23, 10:33
  2. Replies: 4567
    Last Post: 2011-11-01, 11:00
  3. Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 2011-04-09, 10:47
  4. 2010 MLB Season Discussion
    By Cephius in forum Sports
    Replies: 8309
    Last Post: 2010-11-16, 20:47
  5. MLB '08 Season Discussion
    By Doombard in forum Sports
    Replies: 1420
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 16:58
  6. 2008 MLB season
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-04-08, 18:25
  7. 2008 MLB Season
    By Lordcaim in forum Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-03-05, 08:25