6IP/5H/1ER/6K
Edit: LOL; gives up a double to Nady. 2nd and 3rd 0 out. 3-2 Royals. Melky with his second DP of the day..but gives the Yanks the lead.
6IP/5H/1ER/6K
Edit: LOL; gives up a double to Nady. 2nd and 3rd 0 out. 3-2 Royals. Melky with his second DP of the day..but gives the Yanks the lead.
Spoke a little quick there didn't we? 4-3 Yanks...
The lineup is weak for sure, but what are you going to do. People need days off and you don't wanna rush Tex back if his wrist is bothering him. And still, the Yankees have put up 44 runs in 5 games + 7 innings. Not terrible, once they have a consistent lineup with A-rod back (could be in a couple weeks) they'll be tough to beat. Even Joba looked strong, 3 runs today - should have only been 1 with poor defense on a rainy day.
Brawl in Anaheim.
Abreu calls time, Beckett already in motion..throws ball near Abreu's head, shitfest ensues. Amusing.
KC seems to have helped the Yanks there in that 7th inning rally, so.. but still. I mean, I wouldn't say it's a Pirates/Padres type of awful lineup, but it's not something you'd expect from the Yankees, lol.
Beckett throws at Abreu's head, 4 Angels get tossed
Edit: Girardi channels Torre and tries using 3 relievers to get 1 out instead of bringing in Mo. Royals leads 6-4 into the 9th. Fucking dumb.
By the way, ejecting 4 Angels when Beckett throws at a guy's head is utter bullshit after Joba gets tossed & suspended last year for doing the exact same thing. Why is Beckett untouchable? The guy is such a punk seriously. Yay for Umpires protecting superstars..
Watching the Sunday night game. Reed Johnson is simply amazing. He brought back a Fielder grand slam. I always loved watching him when he played for the Jays. Cubs fans, you really did get a steal with this guy. Speaking of Cubs fans...
YouTube - Typical Cub's Fan
This is no knock against Cubs fans. I just always find it hilarious watching stupid drunk fans fight and get arrested.
-NoMaas.04.11.2009 Ian P. Kennedy
The "P" stands for "Pedroia", because he's dominating the minors again:
6 IP, 11 K, 0 BB, 4 H, 1 ER (Box Score)
$10 to anyone who gets this. Absolutely fucking brilliant.
Joe West, how had 2B in that game, might be the worst umpire of all time. He's the one who threw out Hunter for standing around. I think he also ran Sciocia from the game. Then, after the game, he said they only issued warnings because the benches cleared. While I personally don't think Beckett was intentionally throwing at Abreu's head, I don't see how the umps can let a guy stay in the game who comes that close in a situation like that. It was a poorly handled situation all around, really.
Yankee bias or whatever, I always thought Beckett was a punk, and that incident is just another example of it IMO. Abreu didn't do anything, even after the pitch he just stood there with his arms out with a kind of "what the hell?" expression on his face, and you can see Beckett start jawing with him, which started the whole benches clearing.
And then after things had settled down, he starts jawing with Sciocia, which is retarded. Sciocia is one of the most level headed and respected managers in the game, he shouldn't have to take that from anyone.Angels manager Mike Scioscia ordered his players and coaches back to the dugout, but remained on the field discussing the situation with West before Beckett walked toward Scioscia and engaged in some heated words.
"Usually the pitcher will show a little bit of remorse and say that wasn't a part of it. But obviously, we didn't see any of that with Beckett," Scioscia said. "That was as blatant as anything I've seen in this game. What happened today absolutely crossed the line, and I think it was inexcusable. I really feel the league has to look at it."
And again, why Joba gets tossed and suspended for just throwing near Youk while Beckett is given a pass for doing the same thing (and being a general dick about it on top of that) is beyond me. I can't wait til he gets what's coming to him.
Dye and Konerko just went back to back against Zach Miner, each was their 300th homerun
pretty cool
Harry Kalas just died =(
I must say, I don't think baseball will be all that enjoyable this year. I'm just glad he got to see the Phillies win last season.
Man.. John Kruk is absolutely torn up about it. It's sad.![]()
To keep the bad news rolling, 1976 AL ROTY Mark "The Bird" Fidrych is being reported as found dead on his farm at the age of 54. Fox 25 and WEEI in Boston have early reports that he was found by a family friend underneath a truck, but that has yet to be confirmed as far as I know.
Baseball will never ever sound the same. What a sad day.![]()
Day gets worse and worse.