I just heard the Manny steroid thing. All I can say is wow. Dodgers got screwed big time lol.
Elite hitters don't usually fall apart at the age of 33 and lose bat speed to go along with it.
-ESPNewsHowever, two sources told ESPN's T.J. Quinn and Mark Fainaru-Wada that the drug used by Ramirez is HCG -- human chorionic gonadotropin. HCG is a women's fertility drug typically used by steroid users to restart their body's natural testosterone production as they come off a steroid cycle. It is similar to Clomid, the drug Bonds, Giambi and others used as clients of BALCO.
This shit just got interesting.
He would have had to been on a cycle recently. It's for right after a cycle. If he was on a cycle recently, he'd have been banned 50 games. Since, afaik, the steroids that you'd actually need to use a testosterone drug for are all catchable. He might have been on the '03 list but this test has nothing to do with '03.
AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Excuse me I need to catch my breath.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Manny being Manny apparently meant juicing, or taking female fertility hormones for some other reason...? Either way, this is too good, I only hope the media isn't tired of reporting on PEDs in baseball give this all the airtime in the world.
As for Gammons, he's just awful. When you only mention three teams 99% of the time (the third being the Rays, and that was only forced upon him by them actually winning the division last year) you should just hang it up. I'm pretty sure most of the regular posters in this thread could write more objective basebal columns than him at this point.
WTB hits with runners in scoring position. Willing to trade Phil Coke and Edwar Ramirez obo.
*Edit* Also WTB starting pitching that knows how to pitch in the first 5 innings
Uhh finding out Gagne and Romero juiced is not even in the same galaxy of an impact as finding out manny did. they didnt do 1/100th of the things Manny did. I don't think a couple of scrubs testing positive equals your best player testing positive in terms of discrediting the accomplishments.
He also tested positive in Spring Training:
Ramirez's drug used to stimulate testosterone - MLB - Yahoo! SportsRamirez tested positive for the substance during spring training, then had another portion of the same urine – a “B” sample – tested again more recently, and it also was positive. Major League Baseball notified Ramirez of the second positive test after Wednesday night’s Dodgers victory over the Washington Nationals. Ramirez admitted to having taken the substance and declined to appeal. His 50-game suspension begins Thursday.
Bill Simmons: Manny Ramirez's positive drug test makes the Sports Guy confront his worst nightmare - ESPN
Love Bill Simmons. Pretty much sums it up for me. I hate to think that the extreme joy I felt in 04 and 07 is tainted even if "everyone was doing it." Sad that I was more shocked at seeing the 50 game suspension than another big name to be added to the list. I hope things are cleaning up but if HGH really can't be tested who knows. Players would be stupid to continue after seeing so many examples of what can happen and it does seem like small ball has come back a little, but time will tell. I really enjoy the game and it's a real shame that all my early memories from it when I was growing to love it were from a false era. I'd lose all hope if I found out about NHLers doping during Stanley Cup runs as well.
Elsewhere in baseball, Sox tie MLB record for scoring 12 runs in an inning before recording an out.
Mariano Rivera gives up 2 back to back home runs in the top of the 9th after Damon ties it back up in the bottom of the 8th. Fuck my life. I feel like an O's fan.
We split this time Archi, but I think we're one game up on the Brewers in the season series so far. Now to watch the incoming 3 game slide to the Cards. (Cueto pitches tomorrow though so yayyyyy)