Page 71 of 352 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1401 to 1420 of 7027
  1. #1401
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,284
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I can almost promise you'll see a few of players Charlie Manuel is familiar with showing up at the All-Star game this season. Raul Ibanez definitely deserves to go and if fans don't send him then I'm sure Charlie will. I also have a hunch you'll see Ryan Howard there even though his numbers aren't amazing because the game is at his home town. At the very least he should do the Home Run Derby.

  2. #1402
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Yeah. Now that's one thing I agree with about Howard. While I think A-Gone and Pujols are the two best 1B this year, I do think Howard deserves to at least go to the HR Derby. Him vs Pujols? That's must watch TV.

  3. #1403
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    580
    BG Level
    5

    Bengie Molina has just a .713 OPS, shouldn't be close to an all-star ballot.

    OF is also rather messed up. Kemp, Soriano, and Bruce are all basically hovering around a .800 OPS. The lack of justin upton srsly sadface.

    And Reyes (.750 OPS) and especially rollins (.611 OPS) shouldn't be around.

    No problem with Yadier. Yeah, his OPS is basically average for a C, but he's also easily the top defensive catcher in the game. I mean, he's not ideal, but there's a lot worse calls. 3rd out of qualified catchers in the NL in OPS. Drop down the qualifer to 100 PAs and then you have guys like McCann, Baker (sad he'll get no love), Flores, and Ianetta yeah.

    Other than that though, I agree with your list. OF is especially tricky because there's just so many options. 5 guys alone not including manny with 1.000+ OPS

  4. #1404
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Well the only reason I'm considering Reyes and Rollins are because really.. is JJ Hardy who you'd rather have in the All-Star game over them? HanRam's an auto-start.

    Only reason I considered Molina (Bengie) is because of the typical Average/HR/RBI stats, not so much the actual catching ability.

    Justin Upton's been somewhat better, and he'll probably be Arizona's representative.. but the OF already has six guys who could go.

    I'm not trying to be homerific, but if McCann didn't have that weird 'injury' issue with his eyesight, and having to miss games, I'm sure he'd still be hovering around .285-.290 Average with probably 7-9 Homers. Also, I'm not saying Yadier is the worst Catcher to be first ever; that would go to Kendall if he was first. I'm just saying that others are deserving. I hope it changes by time July rolls around.

  5. #1405
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Tejada is batting .348 for the 'stros and is having a better year statistically than both Reyes and JRoll so... I'd give him the spot after HanRam personally.

    I think McCann is the best hitting catcher in the game after Posada right now actually. I don't know where Varitek came from, but I expect him to regress and hit .100 for a couple months to balance things out

    I love me some Bengie, but he's no 4 hitter on any team but the Giants. On a team like the Dodgers or Phillies he probably bats 7th.

  6. #1406
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    I suppose he is. Only thing I have with Reyes is he's missed some time. J-Roll would be third in my opinion after HanRam and probably Reyes. To be honest, I completely forgot about Tejada.

  7. #1407
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Tejada is batting .348 for the 'stros and is having a better year statistically than both Reyes and JRoll so... I'd give him the spot after HanRam personally.

    I think McCann is the best hitting catcher in the game after Posada right now actually. I don't know where Varitek came from, but I expect him to regress and hit .100 for a couple months to balance things out

    I love me some Bengie, but he's no 4 hitter on any team but the Giants. On a team like the Dodgers or Phillies he probably bats 7th.
    Joe Mauer




    Everyone else.

  8. #1408
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    Joe Mauer




    Everyone else.
    This. Joe Mauer, the savior of my fantasy team <3.

  9. #1409
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Argh, yeah, how dare I forget Mauer. Terrible job by me.

    Also the Jays just blew a 5 run lead in a game Halladay started. I think they officially aren't a contending team anymore until they can beat an AL east team without him on the mound.

  10. #1410
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Mauer's hitting .444 and has pulled ONLY 3 balls to RF for a base hit. Three.

    He's without a doubt the most important positional player in the game, that type of production from a Catcher to go along with his defense is just otherworldly shit. Twin for life, sigh

  11. #1411
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    Joe Mauer




    Everyone else.
    I'm sure you know, but we were talking NL Catchers, not AL.

    Also, I'd be willing to bet McCann is just as valuable to the Braves as Mauer is to the Twins. While Mauer doesn't have to be the big power guy, McCann does have to. Catching ability definitely goes to Mauer though.

  12. #1412
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I'm sure you know, but we were talking NL Catchers, not AL.

    Also, I'd be willing to bet McCann is just as valuable to the Braves as Mauer is to the Twins. While Mauer doesn't have to be the big power guy, McCann does have to. Catching ability definitely goes to Mauer though.
    Well, he said "best catcher in the game."

    Jays blow two leads after the 7th and have lost 9 in a row. They're in a pretty tough spot, they lose..but they don't lose enough to get a top 5 pick in the draft. Gonna be a hard climb back up to the top of the division, they really don't much of a shot for the foreseeable future.

  13. #1413
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Tejada is batting .348 for the 'stros and is having a better year statistically than both Reyes and JRoll so... I'd give him the spot after HanRam personally.

    I think McCann is the best hitting catcher in the game after Posada right now actually. I don't know where Varitek came from, but I expect him to regress and hit .100 for a couple months to balance things out

    I love me some Bengie, but he's no 4 hitter on any team but the Giants. On a team like the Dodgers or Phillies he probably bats 7th.
    Bengie would bat first second third or clean up on the cubs.


    btw 2 game wining streak guys. we're back in business!!!!!!

  14. #1414
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Zambrano's the best.

  15. #1415
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    yar I fucking love this guy. This is today


  16. #1416
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    I mean has a player ever ejected an umpire before? I think this is a first. either way I can't stop laughing.

  17. #1417
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,839
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Funny stuff, but when your team is struggling you don't need one of your best pitchers to miss a start That tirade has 6 game suspension written all over it.

  18. #1418
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Funny stuff, but when your team is struggling you don't need one of your best pitchers to miss a start That tirade has 6 game suspension written all over it.
    Only Pitching hasn't been the problem for the cubs.

  19. #1419
    Soa
    Soa is offline
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,889
    BG Level
    6

    I pretty much completely agree with Aki's NL lineup. This was what I voted 25 times and I try to actually vote for deserving people.

    1B - Ryan Howard - Pujols will run away with the vote anyway so why not
    2B - Chase Utley
    SS - Han Ram
    3B - Ryan Zimmerman
    C - Brian McCann
    OF - Raul Ibanez, Carlos Beltran, Ryan Braun

    I can pretty much guarantee Chah-lie will put Howard on the team since a) he kinda got screwed last year (only player ever to lead league in HR and RBI at the break and not make the team), and b) he is the third best 1B in the NL and three normally make the team anyway.

    The AL came out too and surprisingly enough it wasn't completely dominated by Yanks and Red Sox. Jeter as leading vote getter is beyond lol though, people need to seriously get over him, he's average at best nowadays and far below average defensively. Bartlett is completely crushing every other SS in the majors this season and easily deserves the starting nod.

  20. #1420
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Jay Bruce read this thread and manned up.

    3-4 2 HRs, 1 3B and 4 RBIs.

Page 71 of 352 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1451
    Last Post: 2012-03-23, 10:33
  2. Replies: 4567
    Last Post: 2011-11-01, 11:00
  3. Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 2011-04-09, 10:47
  4. 2010 MLB Season Discussion
    By Cephius in forum Sports
    Replies: 8309
    Last Post: 2010-11-16, 20:47
  5. MLB '08 Season Discussion
    By Doombard in forum Sports
    Replies: 1420
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 16:58
  6. 2008 MLB season
    By pohibaba in forum Sports
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 2008-04-08, 18:25
  7. 2008 MLB Season
    By Lordcaim in forum Sports
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 2008-03-05, 08:25