Page 116 of 154 FirstFirst ... 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
Results 2301 to 2320 of 3079

Thread: Mass Effect 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2301
    Q_Q
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    378
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseos View Post
    The Geth rifle sucks. On shields it is just average, but it takes forever to kill anything with anything else, even a health bar.
    What class are you using? Because with Infiltrator it one shots almost anything besides Bosses or playing on insanity.

  2. #2302
    /lick
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,226
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    I love that the eviscerator has a better damage rating than the claymore, way to own every soldier/vanguard who picked it over the revenant/widow.

    Also incisor is about 3/4ths of the widows power/divided by 3 bullets.

    And I could swear the Avalanche's base dmg has to be more than 42.

    Every assault rifle leaves something to be desired, I suppose the Vindicator would be okay if not for such a pathetic magazine, revenant is okay with burst firing in adrenaline rush though and i have yet to try the geth rifle on my soldier's insanity playthrough.
    Shotgun lulz are indeed pretty funny.

    That being said, every soldier who didn't pick the Revenant is a moran. It's just silly how good it is. Yes, you need to burst fire and have the accuracy upgrade at any sort of range, but you get plenty of ammo, large magazines, large ammo refills from ammo pickups, and it hits like a freight train to boot.

    Adrenaline Rush is far and away the best Soldier class skill, especially the hardened version, I think I spent right near 50% of my total ME2 combat time in slow mo.

  3. #2303
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronfar View Post
    What class are you using? Because with Infiltrator it one shots almost anything besides Bosses or playing on insanity.
    pretty sure he's talking about the Geth Pulse Rifle, which you get during Tali's recruitment mission on Hardcore/Insanity

  4. #2304
    Q_Q
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    378
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    pretty sure he's talking about the Geth Pulse Rifle, which you get during Tali's recruitment mission on Hardcore/Insanity
    Oh my bad, its not a bad gun for your squad mates but I'd never use it, M-15 Vindicator or M-76 Revenant. I prefer the M15 because the 3 round burst can almost down anything with a head-shot.
    Wish they sold the CE here I want to try the Collector assault rifle.

  5. #2305
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    BG Level
    8

    Collector's AR has a crapload of bullets but the shots are really weak. I guess it'd be nice with inferno ammo or something but I'd still prefer to use the machine pistol to take down shields

  6. #2306
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,103
    BG Level
    7

    Just finished Insanity. The hardest part (as an adept anyways) was the first fight area on the collector ship, right after they spring the trap. Those Scions are dicks, if you left the one that started up, the other one that came was able to flank the squad. After a few weapon/biotic/tech upgrades the game gets somewhat easier.

  7. #2307
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Certain that Claymore does more damage.


    Also:

    http://www.gamezone.com/news/02_19_10_07_32PM.htm

    Chance of something to look forward to at GDC?

  8. #2308
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Certain that Claymore does more damage.


    Also:

    http://www.gamezone.com/news/02_19_10_07_32PM.htm

    Chance of something to look forward to at GDC?
    I think ME2 is the first game that both BRP and I like.


    Also please be DLC, please be DLC.

  9. #2309
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    BG Level
    8

    im not sure what else it could be, unless they're gonna cop out and just announce ME3 since it hasn't been formally announced yet

  10. #2310
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    im not sure what else it could be, unless they're gonna cop out and just announce ME3 since it hasn't been formally announced yet
    Other than the the game loading screen confirming it?

  11. #2311
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    BG Level
    8

    except even the president of bioware has said in interviews that they havent officially/formally announced ME3 yet, even though it's obviously coming out. A cop out would be a teaser or some shit like that.

    I wonder if they'll do a Dragon Age-style expansion for ME2. I doubt it, it seems like a la carte/piecemeal DLC would sell better, since so many people own the game and are prepared to buy all sorts of crap, whereas with Dragon Age they probably have a much smaller window of opportunity to get people to spend more on enhancing the game.

    If it is a DLC announcement I hope it's either Kasumi or the hammerhead though

  12. #2312
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Hammerhead concept art looks sexy.

  13. #2313
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    I thought you were able to kill Zaeed in his loyalty mission? Haven't found a way. I let Vido get away and all three choices led to me helping out. The paragon was closest to me killing him (I was able to do it with one bar of paragon, second mission I did. So easy for an imported character.)

    I guess I'll have to settle for this:


  14. #2314
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    Just finished playthrough #4, so far I've played as a soldier, adept, and engineer, paragon/renegade, and manshep/femshep. At least on normal difficulty Adept is by far the funnest, especially when you start getting -recharge upgrades/traits. Singularities every 4 seconds being detonated by warp, sending enemies flying all over the place is fucking crazy.

    A few things:
    -Since Miranda gets extra points, has anyone considered doing 10 overload 10 warp 1 operative 10 slam? Seems like you wouldn't really miss the extra health on anything but insanity.

    -I hate how you have to put 3 points into Legion's AI hacking to get access to combat drone, otherwise you could do 10 drone 10 geth assassin 10 geth shield. Tali, on the other hand, can do 10 combat drone 10 quarian machinist 10 shield drain, right?

    -Also, not having Reave makes Morinth almost completely worthless compared to Samara. I still think dominate/AI hacking suck balls

    -I don't get how they're going to bring back any of the squadmates from ME2 in ME3 if all of them can die. Seems likely that they'd maybe let you pick 1-2 randomly from the ones that live (assuming any of them do) but having to record optional dialogue for 10 people on top of whoever is new in ME3 seems a bit retarded. It seems likely that Kaidan or Ashley would come back, and Liara coming back seems like a sure thing. Personally I'd like to have Kal'Reegar on my team but he can die too.

    -I doubt there will be a Normandy SR3, since EDI was made such an integral part of the cast, and the ship survives no matter what you do.

    -The Collector Assault Rifle kinda blows damage wise.

    I can't wait for ME3

    edit: ooh weapon comparison data
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Weaponry_Comparison
    Why would you ever not max officer? That adds extra weapon damage for the entire squad...

  15. #2315
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    Why would you ever not max officer? That adds extra weapon damage for the entire squad...
    well yea, my point was more that most people end up doing 4-4-3-2 for their ally skills, but Miranda's extra point lets you do 4-4-4-1 for anything, not just 4-4-1-4 for loyalty skills (or 4-0-4-4). But yea you're right, slam is arguably her worst power so you could do 10 warp 10 overload 10 officer and 1 slam.

    Next time I play I'm definitely gonna try 10 drone 10 quarian mechanic 10 shield drain on Tali, with maybe 1 point in AI hacking to just have the ability... but I'd rather she stick to using drone since the cooldown is so short.

  16. #2316
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,455
    BG Level
    7

    Replaying insanity at capped lvl (30) and it's hard as fuck. Is it because my weapons are all downgraded and enemies are strong as possible? And fuck do I hate krogans and vorcha now.

    Should I start over char if I'm trying insanity? Seems it would make sense because monsters level scales in regard to your level and not your progress in the game.. Right?

  17. #2317
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    614
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe View Post
    Replaying insanity at capped lvl (30) and it's hard as fuck. Is it because my weapons are all downgraded and enemies are strong as possible? And fuck do I hate krogans and vorcha now.

    Should I start over char if I'm trying insanity? Seems it would make sense because monsters level scales in regard to your level and not your progress in the game.. Right?
    I started a new adept on insanity, and it wasn't pretty. I think it's mostly a weapons unupgraded thing. engineers and sentinels tend to do better on insanity since they always have the right tools for the job.

  18. #2318
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe View Post
    Replaying insanity at capped lvl (30) and it's hard as fuck. Is it because my weapons are all downgraded and enemies are strong as possible? And fuck do I hate krogans and vorcha now.

    Should I start over char if I'm trying insanity? Seems it would make sense because monsters level scales in regard to your level and not your progress in the game.. Right?
    Definitely noticed this with soldier, insanity is getting easier as shit gets upgraded.

  19. #2319
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Definitely harder but still not too hard.
    Forces you to play duck & cover for the first 5-10 hours though.


    Can't really pull off anything fancy or you're sure to die.

  20. #2320
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    I've pulled out some fancy duck and cover shit using adrenaline rush.
    like bullet-timing heavy's attacks and shit

Page 116 of 154 FirstFirst ... 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mass Effect - Spoilers
    By TheShadyMan in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 2008-01-28, 17:03