Page 117 of 154 FirstFirst ... 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
Results 2321 to 2340 of 3079

Thread: Mass Effect 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2321
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,455
    BG Level
    7

    I'm vanguard. The powers kinda suck for insanity it feels like. What should I reroll as? This might be my first time playing as manshep too.

  2. #2322
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Sentinel or Infiltrator if you want EASY MODO
    Anything but those two if you want to actually have a challenge when you play on the challenging difficulty.

  3. #2323
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Vanguard on Insanity is a bitch... granted I'm still early in the playthrough but all of the side quests take many attempts.

  4. #2324
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    BG Level
    8

    I've been thinking about what build to do on my Soldier for Insanity, so far I've come up with:

    10 Inferno Ammo
    10 Heavy Disruptor Ammo
    10 Adrenaline Boost
    10 Commando (does +power damage affect ammo powers?)
    10 Barrier/Geth Shield Boost

    Concussive shot is fun to play with but I don't see the point aside from having something useful vs. barriers. But that's what Miranda is for, so eh.

    Any other ideas for Soldier/Insanity?

    edit: yea according to devs, +power damage affects ammo power, so Commando all the way.

  5. #2325
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Oh, I didn't know it had an effect on ammo powers.
    That makes me want to rethink a couple of things.

  6. #2326
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwijiboe View Post
    I'm vanguard. The powers kinda suck for insanity it feels like. What should I reroll as? This might be my first time playing as manshep too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXcNFEU0kiY

  7. #2327
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Awesome.
    That makes me want to try Vanguard now

  8. #2328
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    That guy made it look pretty easy but he was very close to dying multiple times. Vanguard charging at someone with other enemies all over the area is usually going to get you raped quickly.

  9. #2329
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Well of course, but being a judge of when to charge and get away with it when not to is the mark of an expert.
    I don't doubt that with practice I could pull that off.

    Deaths here and there are to be expected no matter which class you play

  10. #2330
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Just saying it's almost not even viable because of how quickly you die on insane. That was a pretty perfect area to do it because there was so much cover, but most times you don't get a chance to vanguard charge rapeface every enemy in a wave.

  11. #2331
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    On any class except maybe Infiltrator there will be many times where you can't do much other than hide in cover and throw out the occasional pot shot.
    That's just the nature of the beast.

    I take it you haven't played much on Insanity but that's almost ALWAYS how it is.

  12. #2332
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    That's exactly what I'm saying, most of the time you are in cover picking your spots, then maybe vanguard charging the last guy or two.

  13. #2333
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    BG Level
    8

    since all your powers arc, you can pretty much play the entire game as adept from behind cover. Engineer too to some extent, since Incinerate arcs in the same way, and if you use your combat drone to push enemies out from behind cover as well. It almost seems worthless to take barrier/GSB/fort as your bonus skill on adept/engineer since you hardly get hit anyway, and warp ammo is so dreamy.

    edit: also lol apparently you can get infinite squad points on the 360 version:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=53603685

  14. #2334
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Will have to remember that for my next playthrough, I rely on fortification a lot on Vanguard. Haven't tried warp ammo yet.

  15. #2335
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,455
    BG Level
    7

    Tried doing Manshep.. I duno, I don't like the VA for manshep. Jennifer Hale is just too good. Rolling Infiltrator for insanity run, want to try sniper rifle.

  16. #2336
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Oddly enough, I prefer the manshep's voice acting to hers.

  17. #2337
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,455
    BG Level
    7

    I guess it just feels so foreign, I've never played this series with Manshep nor seen anyone play as manshep... So when I tried it, I'm like, 'who's this fukin guy?'

  18. #2338
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I love the way Mark Meer delivers Shepard's lines. Jennifer Hale is solid, but with comedic scenes, Manshep definitely has the advantage. I guess part of that is due to him being an improv comedy guy. Hale at times seems too... static, or uninterested for me. I liked her as Bastila in KotOR and some other roles more than Shep.

  19. #2339
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    He seems to regain shields when he strikes his target with charge. Is that because of an upgrade or is it some sort of vanguard effect?

  20. #2340
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    It's from upgrading vanguard charge, I think the 2nd and 3rd upgrades give a shield boost, the last upgrade gives a time-slowing effect

Page 117 of 154 FirstFirst ... 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mass Effect - Spoilers
    By TheShadyMan in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 2008-01-28, 17:03