Page 139 of 154 FirstFirst ... 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
Results 2761 to 2780 of 3079

Thread: Mass Effect 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2761
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    you've probably been told this before, but the first thing that pops into my head when I read your name is Dave Chapelle saying Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan.

  2. #2762
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    730
    BG Level
    5

    and you are correct! lol that episode stuck with me so when i started FFXI i had to name my taru Dylon lol

  3. #2763
    Tyven's Xbax Fren
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,736
    BG Level
    6
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

    picked up ME2 for PS3 last night, since I don't own a 360 anymore. Loading times seem a little slower maybe? other than that nothing noticably different. downloading the extra content overnight last night, looking forward to hitting up the new missions when I get there. started up a female shepard sentinel this time around, vanguard was my fav from the first couple times through.

  4. #2764
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Question: Any repercussions of starting romances with other characters? Or does it not matter at all? I have Miranda on max romance level, just waiting to get to the final mission.
    Does stuff happen like Dragon Age where they'll get all jealous and stuff blows up in your face, and if more than one romance is possible at the same time, will there only be the one scene with one person, or multiple?

  5. #2765
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    753
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    You can show interest in another character till you "lock in" your romance with a character. At that point others won't allow you to go further till you break up with your current romance, they will know your in a relationship already and mention it. As far as I know there are no major draw backs to letting someone go (In this game at least in 3 who knows). However you can't get back together with anyone after you break up with them and if I recall correctly Jack will stop talking to you entirely if you break up with her.

  6. #2766
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Pooooor Kelly. I just let her feed my fish!
    Then I guess I won't need to bother making extra trips to talk to Samara and Gasmask face girl

    Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    However you can't get back together with anyone after you break up with them and if I recall correctly Jack will stop talking to you entirely if you break up with her.
    That's not a romance thing. After Miranda and Jack's loyalty missions are done you get a CS that makes you side with either one of them (unless your paragon/renegade score is really really high) the one you don't side with becomes unloyal and wont talk to you again.

  7. #2767
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    You only need really high paragon/renegade if you catch the event near the end of the game. If you do it early though, it's easy enough to do.

  8. #2768

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,308
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    If you break up with Jack nicely she will tell you you've got nothing else to talk about, if you drop her like a bad habit for some sweet Miranda or Tali lovin she will keep telling you to fuck off repeatedly, its kinda funny.

  9. #2769
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Beat the game on Normal.
    Spoiler: show
    I actually had an "oh shit" moment when the thing (I assume Reaver) gave up the mind control of the Queen Collector thingy

    Going to try on Insanity now. I have Overload (23/25), Warp(8/25), Incinerate (9/25), level30 (lv26), beat game twice and Insanity trophies left. Assuming the warp/overload/incinerate count stays the same on new playthrough


    I had almost no trouble on Normal mode, died maybe 5 times. Didn't really use any powers either though. Only started to near the end for the killshot trophies.
    But skipping 3 levels of difficulty might be pushing it lol. guess we'll see.

  10. #2770
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    You only need really high paragon/renegade if you catch the event near the end of the game. If you do it early though, it's easy enough to do.
    To reiterate on this, do Jack/Miranda decision early on, b/c the paragon/renegade check for Tali/Legion later on is a certain % higher then the first one is so it'll make it easier for you to pass later on. Also w/ regards to the Tali/Legion decision, if you choose Tali b/c you can't win the renegade/paragon check, you can later go and win back Legion's loyalty as Renegade (don't remember if Paragon's can as well or not)

  11. #2771
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I had high enough Paragon to resolve legion/Tali dispute peacefully, and it was the very last thing I did before suicide mission


    Made it through the first section on Insanity. Died once and only because I was stupid. Ran up a ramp real fast, a door opened up and four robots gang raped me.

  12. #2772
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    730
    BG Level
    5

    so i fucked up and sided with jack instead of miranda and since it was near the end and for some reason cant get the last 15~ points of paragon i need to do it its pissing me off... is there an easy way to raise it? and how to i set up relationships with others, i dont think i've seen any dialog choices for that

  13. #2773
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    There's probably more people in this thread more qualified to answer this question, but;
    new relationship progression dialog choices only show up once between missions I believe. If you haven't done Samara's loyalty mission yet there's an exploit to max out Paragon. Otherwise, you might be screwed as far as a relationship with Miranda goes. Unless you have an earlier save file. You can further build up relationships on the same character/save file after you beat the final mission, but I'm not sure if that will put you in a "relationship" with that person.

  14. #2774
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    730
    BG Level
    5

    so im doing the suicide mission and Katsumi died, did i do something wrong earlier? i dont know what i did to let her die. i finished her loyalty mission and i have all the armor upgrades.. and do i have to start a brand new game or is there a new game plus?

  15. #2775
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,826
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    What part did you use Kasumi in?

  16. #2776
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I would only use her to do the hacking portion. Never had her or anyone else on me die.

  17. #2777
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    pretty sure the only thing safe for her is to stay back and hold the line, or lead the escort. I'm not sure if she's viable for hacking, but Odess says she is.
    I personally had: Tali=Hack, Miranda = lead team, Samara = Biotic, Miranda = lead team again, Tali = Escort, Kasumi and Mordin = came with me.

    Tali, Kasumi, Mordin all have a defense rating of 1, so you want to leave behind all the people with a higher defense rating so those not loyal will survive. also never chose an unloyal to do any specific task because they'll die.

    As for the ship upgrades, you said you did the armor, but did you do all the other ship upgrades? there's 3 different things to upgrade for the ship and if they all arent upgraded someone might die. I know there's shields, weapons, and I can't remember the third.

    And you have 3 options after beating the game. You can start a completely new game with a new character at level1, you can start a new game and import your same character with the same level/weapon upgrades/abilities.
    Or you can continue on with your same exact game. I'm not sure what the restrictions are for that though. Gives you the chance to do loyalty missions and other side missions and dlc though.

  18. #2778
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    BG Level
    8

    Yea Kasumi probably died because you left her behind. Kasumi will die first if you don't have enough "defense points" out of those left to hold the line (if you don't have Kasumi DLC installed it'll be Mordin). If you want to be safe just bring Mordin and Kasumi with you for the final boss, although you shouldn't need to bring both if everyone's loyal and you have all the ship upgrades.

  19. #2779
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Mordin never dies if you send him back with the people on your ship. With that in mind, I usually take Kasumi and Tali with me to the final boss because of their low defense rating. Though on high difficulties, you may want Miranda with you.

  20. #2780
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Eh, I just got all upgrades and did all loyalty missions... that way I was able to take whoever I wanted to the final boss without worry

Page 139 of 154 FirstFirst ... 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mass Effect - Spoilers
    By TheShadyMan in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 2008-01-28, 17:03