Page 52 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1021 to 1040 of 3079

Thread: Mass Effect 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1021
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    infiltrator looks kind of sexy, can they use all weapon types in this one?
    * Heavy Pistols
    * Heavy Weapons
    * Sniper Rifles
    * Submachine Guns

  2. #1022
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,390
    BG Level
    10

    I'm behind on this thread so sorry if olde
    http://kotaku.com/5455307/bioware-ho...ss-effect-film
    BioWare's Casey Hudson, the project director for Mass Effect 2, acknowledged a "tremendous amount of interest" from Hollywood in a Mass Effect film but vows such a movie, if done, will be done right or not at all.

    "Obviously we have a tremendous amount of interest from people in Hollywood to make a major motion picture about 'Mass Effect,'" Hudson told the MTV Movies Blog. "The most important thing for us is, we don't just want to see a movie get made. We want to see a great movie get made, if it's going to get done at all."

    Way back in the middle of 2008, Avi Arad, best known for several successful (and some less so) comic-book adaptations, optioned the rights to a Mass Effect film. But there has been no news of such a project since then. This may be deliberate. Hudson's comments make it apparent that BioWare isn't in a hurry and wants to be sure the film has a story worthy of this franchise.

    "We're just looking at our options there, but waiting to make sure we have something really right before we do it," he told MTV Movies.

  3. #1023
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph


  4. #1024
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,751
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

    ROFL

  5. #1025
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Hes sounds like Farnsworth >.>

  6. #1026
    Tyven's Xbax Fren
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,736
    BG Level
    6
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

    I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MYSELF

    only a few more days! a renegade playthrough of me1 will have to hold me over

  7. #1027
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Akucaen View Post
    Let's see. When I posted that earlier I still hadn't... gotten my last person, done four of the loyalty quests (that's not a spoiler, you see that within the first 10 minutes of the game on the stats screen), few random quests I hadn't completed, and was finishing off meeting up with Wrex again. So all that plus the ending was another 8 or so hours, I believe.

    I did spend a good 3 hours of that just scanning and mineral raping planets. I swear the ME universe is made of Hydrogen and fucking Palladium only.

    So ~26 for me, and I did most everything. That said this game won't suffer from run-around-itis like the first one did. That's 26 hours of mostly running from a to b to c to d and you might sometimes be forced to go back to b or a. In comparison, my first ME1 play-through was like 32 hours, second time around it was barely 12 when I learned where everything was. This game is better at being fleshed out instead of seeming like a fetch-quest unless you're on the main story path.
    So 26 hours for one playthrough, on a game that took two years to make, when compared to a game it took them 7 months to make that was three times as long and was excellent. That really does not compute, I was really hoping this game would be at least 40 hours long, for what is supposed to be an "epic rpg". So looks like my xbox purchase can wait until fall when fable 3 comes out.(provided lionhead doesnt fail it up)

    Even AC 2 took me longer to playthrough. That said Im about 18 hours into the game, and my friend came and got his xbox back today, I can wait till fall to finish it. I did have fun while playing tho.

  8. #1028
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    So 26 hours for one playthrough, on a game that took two years to make, when compared to a game it took them 7 months to make that was three times as long and was excellent. That really does not compute, I was really hoping this game would be at least 40 hours long, for what is supposed to be an "epic rpg". So looks like my xbox purchase can wait until fall when fable 3 comes out.(provided lionhead doesnt fail it up)

    Even AC 2 took me longer to playthrough. That said Im about 18 hours into the game, and my friend came and got his xbox back today, I can wait till fall to finish it. I did have fun while playing tho.
    Yeah, because it's not like the game gives you any incentive to play through it multiple times...

    20-30 Hours is perfect. It's long, but no so long that it would deter me from wanting play it again from beginning to end. Even if you play it twice, that's 50 hours right there spent on 2 different story arcs/experiences. You can't really say the same for AC2... I mean, how many times do you plan on playing that game again? If ever?

  9. #1029
    I'd tap that turian!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,822
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Someone else here needs to beat this so we can WTFgasm together.

  10. #1030
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Yeah, because it's not like the game gives you any incentive to play through it multiple times...

    20-30 Hours is perfect. It's long, but no so long that it would deter me from wanting play it again from beginning to end. Even if you play it twice, that's 50 hours right there spent on 2 different story arcs/experiences. You can't really say the same for AC2... I mean, how many times do you plan on playing that game again? If ever?
    Ive played through AC 2, twice and once all of the DLC is released Ill play through it again. I used AC 2 as an example because its more of a linear story campaign despite being a sandbox.

    I personally just expect RPG's to be much longer than 25 hours, the average RPG anymore is usually 40-50 hours. My premise is not negative and your making it that way, I am a little disappointed that the game is shorter than I expected but overall as I said I enjoyed the game and what Ive played of it.

  11. #1031
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    The game isn't a White Knight Story, it's action oriented. The original lasted what 14 hours?

  12. #1032
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,683
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Thought this was kind of interesting. On my gamefly atm, isn't the release the 26th?


    Gamefly

  13. #1033
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Devolver View Post
    Thought this was kind of interesting. On my gamefly atm, isn't the release the 26th?


    Gamefly
    Gamefly always ships a day before official release.

  14. #1034
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Devolver View Post
    Thought this was kind of interesting. On my gamefly atm, isn't the release the 26th?


    Gamefly
    Come down to Gtown, wal-mart is selling it early. I think Best Buy might be too.

  15. #1035
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    DONT CLICK UNLESS YOUVE BEATEN THE GAME
    Spoiler: show
    I take it the people who die at the end are the ones whos relationships werent well explored

  16. #1036
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    NG+ on ME2

    You get to choose one additional power from any squad member who you made "Loyal" via a quest/mission in your original game, regardless of whether or not they survived. You keep your ME2 level, archetype, heavy weapons, and get a hefty chunk of minerals/credits and get 25% bonus xp. You do not keep all your weapon upgrades or new weapons you found, or your paragon/renegade levels

  17. #1037
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

  18. #1038
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I was going to post that

  19. #1039
    I'd tap that turian!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,822
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKoolAidMan View Post
    DONT CLICK UNLESS YOUVE BEATEN THE GAME
    Spoiler: show
    I take it the people who die at the end are the ones whos relationships werent well explored
    Spoiler: show
    No. It's who you send in the pipe, the second time you select a team leader, and who you send to the ship first. I had both loyalties on the first two and fully social with them. I haven't replayed it to verify, but how much they like you doesn't seem to be a factor.

  20. #1040
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,083
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    lol

Page 52 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mass Effect - Spoilers
    By TheShadyMan in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 2008-01-28, 17:03