Page 77 of 154 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 1521 to 1540 of 3079

Thread: Mass Effect 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1521
    Bockage
    Guest

    Can someone fill me in about what happens during the last scene of Samara's mission? My sound cut out at a really important point and I wasn't able to hear what happened.

    Spoiler: show
    I'm talking about the point where Smara meets her daughter in her appartment. They both fire biotic powers at each other and then the sound went out. My sound didn't come back until I got back to my ship, so I have no idea what anyone said during that point

  2. #1522
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Bockage View Post
    Can someone fill me in about what happens during the last scene of Samara's mission? My sound cut out at a really important point and I wasn't able to hear what happened.

    Spoiler: show
    I'm talking about the point where Smara meets her daughter in her appartment. They both fire biotic powers at each other and then the sound went out. My sound didn't come back until I got back to my ship, so I have no idea what anyone said during that point
    Spoiler: show

    My sound did that too but luckily I had subtitles on! I think it was about who was more powerful or something.

  3. #1523
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    This game is too westernized? What does that mean?

  4. #1524
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    Bioware is Alberta based. Still got more room to the west(Alaska and BC).

  5. #1525
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    ngh, halp!
    Spoiler: show

    I'm on my insanity playthrough, and on the quest where you find the downed quarian ship with the wounded pilot (mentioned in one of the novels?). I've got the collector weapon, and my last non-quick/autosave is like 15 hours of gameplay ago. I get zerged each and every time. is there any way to force a change to the nuke gun, either through legit, or more suspect means? because this is frustrating as hell. failed a gazillion times now, and there doesn't seem to be a "move on" option.

    Edit: I have the nutty asari's loyalty quest left and a couple of small quests, then it's off to the IFF ship. This would be a seriously shitty way to end a very slow playthrough


    edit#2: heavy ice weapon and a heavy fire team gets the job done (loading the start of mission save lets you change.) Nuke actually seems to kill the Quarian

  6. #1526
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Chambers
    Mordin's psych profile warned of hyperactive behavior but he is like a hamster on coffee.

    Lol

  7. #1527
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    If there is any ONE thing I hate in this game, it is getting surrounded by fucking husks and getting stun locked cause you're in a circle of them. FUCKING SHIT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH. Other than that, I really have no qualms with the game. Probably my favorite gaming experience ever. Til part 3 comes out anyway.

  8. #1528
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    710
    BG Level
    5

    May i propose a ME2 screenshot thread?? Because this game is gorgeous! Maybe im the only one continually awed by the graphics, butt fuck man.

    Spoilered for Huge


  9. #1529
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    If there is any ONE thing I hate in this game, it is getting surrounded by fucking husks and getting stun locked cause you're in a circle of them. FUCKING SHIT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH. Other than that, I really have no qualms with the game. Probably my favorite gaming experience ever. Til part 3 comes out anyway.
    Suck less? I never get surrounded.

  10. #1530
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKoolAidMan View Post
    Suck less? I never get surrounded.
    Want a biscuit?

  11. #1531
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Want a biscuit?
    Nah I just ate.

  12. #1532
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    The ammo system is SOOO much better. This game would be way too easy if you never had to worry about supplies, considering the shield/health system.

    I'd like to be sure about Horizon:

    Spoiler: show
    Has anyone been able to save Lilth or other colonists beside the Janitor?

  13. #1533
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    I was pessimistic, but it actually works pretty good on my 3 year old laptop.

    Gotta give credit to companies like Bioware and Codemasters, they do great job at developing PC games.

    Game is pretty damn wicked, 2 hours into it and I can tell that I'll be spending a good week on this.

  14. #1534
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    BG Level
    8

    the hybrid system I suggested above would have supplies, and still be something other than plain old ammo with a fancy name. I like the idea of the overheat meter from ME1, with a limited-use way of instantly resetting that meter by ejecting the sink.

    At the very least, since it's heat based the Thermal Clip "ammo" should slowly regenerate when the gun isn't in use.

  15. #1535
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Does anyone know of any list of planets with decent element zero supplies? That's what i need the most right now.

  16. #1536
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

  17. #1537
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    Thanks DJ.

  18. #1538
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    the hybrid system I suggested above would have supplies, and still be something other than plain old ammo with a fancy name. I like the idea of the overheat meter from ME1, with a limited-use way of instantly resetting that meter by ejecting the sink.

    At the very least, since it's heat based the Thermal Clip "ammo" should slowly regenerate when the gun isn't in use.
    Terrible terrible idea, a quick way to make the game worse. Ammo is great because it forces you move around in combat instead of camping in a corner, prevents you from spraying, and lets difficult battles wear you out in time(which amps up the suspense greatly). By adding an infinite supply of bullets(no matter how you wanna dress it up with rather pointless complexity) you either make it IMPOSSIBLE to lose even on Insanity(especially with a Sniper Rifle) or you create a semi-useless system which rewards players for standing around empty rooms, slowing down the game to a halt. Throw it on "Casual" if you want, alongside infinite Unity charges and a fairy who follows you around and auto targets enemies for you while giving you helpful tips like "Shoot people in the head for more damage!"

    Ammo is so plentiful that it is only a problem if you just sit at an entrance of a room and wait for enemies to come in wave after wave.

    EDIT: As far as I am concerned weapons in this game are nearly perfected. At least the base system is. If anything the different type of ammos make Biotics and Tech stuff look weak. I haven't played as a biotic and hardly spent time combining them so I am not so quick to judge. Melee is too weak though and one thing I would like to see in ME3 is a fourth speed/stealth/melee based class which lets me be cutscene-Thane, aka Space Snake / Boss. Disarming, sneak attacks, maybe even temporary invisibility for flanking. EDIT: Hmmm, there is already a "tactical cloak" for invisibility, should check it out.

    EDIT: So EVERYONE got the Horizon colony reduced to the alliance soldier and the janitor? Really don't want to find out there is a better solution after I complete it.

    EDIT: ALSO, hitting auto-level up really sucks. You can't undo it and that is a real killer on new game+. Can't max whatever loyalty skill. I don't suppose you can readjust your teammates powers like you would yours?

  19. #1539
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,390
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by euph View Post
    , butt fuck man.
    ...

  20. #1540
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Tali's face

Page 77 of 154 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mass Effect - Spoilers
    By TheShadyMan in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 2008-01-28, 17:03