Page 99 of 154 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast
Results 1961 to 1980 of 3079

Thread: Mass Effect 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1961
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I was reading sentinel is amazingly strong as well, but I didn't know infiltrator is that strong in higher difficulties.

    My only gripe is having to mine a billion ore again since it'll be starting over - unless of course I do a fast normal/vet/hc playthrough first and then do a 2nd playthrough on insanity with that class.
    Probably because its an engineering hybrid like infiltrator so you have access to stuff that pwns faces (overload + cryoblast which will make stuff squishy for your biotics) + tech armor should save your ass quite a bit if flanked

  2. #1962
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,362
    BG Level
    7

    Finished my first playthrough finally last night, only lost my nigga Legion. Also successfully failed at gaining a relationship throughout the entire playthrough somehow. Not even Jack wanted my femshep.

    RIP broseph.

  3. #1963
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,392
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I was reading sentinel is amazingly strong as well, but I didn't know infiltrator is that strong in higher difficulties.

    My only gripe is having to mine a billion ore again since it'll be starting over - unless of course I do a fast normal/vet/hc playthrough first and then do a 2nd playthrough on insanity with that class.
    After you have completed ME2 once any new charecters you make start off with lots of credits as well as 50,000 of each resource and you get to pick an extra loyalty power for them (even if they are not imported from ME1 or 2)

  4. #1964
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    I'd stick with anything biotic on lower difficulties, I'd imagine just being able to make stuff fly around without worrying so much about shields would make it moar fun.
    Adept is pretty fucking crazy on normal, with maxed class skills and upgrades your powers recharge so quickly you can spam throw/singularity/pull every 2 seconds. With warp, shit is just exploding and flying all over the place.

  5. #1965
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,362
    BG Level
    7

    Yeah, I was an Adept on normal with this playthrough (was an Adept in ME1 too, was probably going to change it before I found out you could bend the powers around corners and shit however long ago that was revealed). It was ridiculously overpowered, so much so that I found myself using my guns a lot more than you'd expect just so it wasn't completely easy mode. Throw + platforms in the ships against drones = np. Throw and singularity makes it impossible for husks/abominations to get to you too.

  6. #1966
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    that whole cluster was sciency with Watson/Crick, Pauling and other scientists

  7. #1967
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    After you have completed ME2 once any new charecters you make start off with lots of credits as well as 50,000 of each resource and you get to pick an extra loyalty power for them (even if they are not imported from ME1 or 2)
    holy fuck didnt know that.

    Gah, no clue what difficulty/class i want to play now knowing that.

  8. #1968
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    BG Level
    8

    if you import a rich ME1 character after beating the game once you get the rich bonus, the ME1 import bonus, and the ME2 completion bonus

    which ends up being like... 200k (i think, could be more) credits, 25% bonus exp, and 60k of each material, as well as a bonus power

    also has anyone else noticed you can spam the A button right as you finish hacking/bypassing and it'll sometimes re-open the same window, allowing you to get the same amount of credits twice? I'm sure if you time it just right you can keep doing this forever, but I've gotten a bunch of extra credits this way a few times.

  9. #1969
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    if you import a rich ME1 character after beating the game once you get the rich bonus, the ME1 import bonus, and the ME2 completion bonus

    which ends up being like... 200k (i think, could be more) credits, 25% bonus exp, and 60k of each material, as well as a bonus power

    also has anyone else noticed you can spam the A button right as you finish hacking/bypassing and it'll sometimes re-open the same window, allowing you to get the same amount of credits twice? I'm sure if you time it just right you can keep doing this forever, but I've gotten a bunch of extra credits this way a few times.
    damn, thatd be pretty useful if this game didnt have even less shit to buy then ME1.

  10. #1970
    Algoth
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    if you import a rich ME1 character after beating the game once you get the rich bonus, the ME1 import bonus, and the ME2 completion bonus

    which ends up being like... 200k (i think, could be more) credits, 25% bonus exp, and 60k of each material, as well as a bonus power

    also has anyone else noticed you can spam the A button right as you finish hacking/bypassing and it'll sometimes re-open the same window, allowing you to get the same amount of credits twice? I'm sure if you time it just right you can keep doing this forever, but I've gotten a bunch of extra credits this way a few times.
    300k actually in credits, about 52k of each resource. At least that's how it was for me, when I imported my Renegade ME1 character for my second playthrough. Also, when you use the advanced training, you can pick any of the special powers you have unlocked previously. So, if you for example
    Spoiler: show
    chose Morinth the first time in Samara's loyalty quest, and Samara the second time

    you would be able to choose either of the powers.

    Also, does anybody know why I had 60% bonus in my assault rifles on my second playthrough? I played Soldier on my first playthrough, and on my second playthrough somewhere near the end I apparently bought an "extra" Assault Rifle upgrade, and my 5/5 bonus turned into 6/6.

    Edit:
    damn, thatd be pretty useful if this game didnt have even less shit to buy then ME1.
    Actually, I could only barely afford to buy everything from every store, even with the 300k starting bonus, and after doing every quest and mission and collecting all the bonus credits along the way.

  11. #1971
    Campaign
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,428
    BG Level
    8

    as far as I could tell, I could only end up with 6/6 on heavy weapon ammo. I know there was an extra of each upgrade floating around, but I thought weapon upgrades disappeared from the store when I went to purchase them after getting 5/5 elsewhere.

  12. #1972
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    omfg lol, doing the reaper level with grunt was too funny, his I AM KROGAN! charge with the franticness of dodging 20 husks in that level is too much.

  13. #1973
    Algoth
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    as far as I could tell, I could only end up with 6/6 on heavy weapon ammo. I know there was an extra of each upgrade floating around, but I thought weapon upgrades disappeared from the store when I went to purchase them after getting 5/5 elsewhere.
    Hmm, well I don't know how I managed to get 6/6 on Assault Rifle. I just assumed it was some sort of hidden bonus from playing Soldier the first time around, but I couldn't find any info on it from GameFAQs.

  14. #1974
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,394
    BG Level
    9

    When you do the 2nd play through do you need to use the same character or can you create a new one? As in if you went through as male the first go can you make a woman the 2nd time through? I want to do a Renegade female playthrough.

  15. #1975
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,392
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    theres an extra assault rifle and heavy weapons ammo during zaeeds loyalty mission
    though you can't get both in one playthrough since theres a fork in the mission beforehand

  16. #1976
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,106
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    When you do the 2nd play through do you need to use the same character or can you create a new one? As in if you went through as male the first go can you make a woman the 2nd time through? I want to do a Renegade female playthrough.
    You can remake your character, but you're stuck with the same class and gender.

  17. #1977
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    ....wow how fucking renegade do you have to be to intercede without fucking up loyalty in the tali/legion bitchfest? My bar was maxed and it didnt have the option open.

  18. #1978
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    ....wow how fucking renegade do you have to be to intercede without fucking up loyalty in the tali/legion bitchfest? My bar was maxed and it didnt have the option open.
    You dont need it really. You can side with one of them and then tell the other you lied. And It wont fuck up loyalty.

  19. #1979
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,394
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Thulius View Post
    You can remake your character, but you're stuck with the same class and gender.
    Fuck, other then the xp bonus what do I loose out on just doing a different play through? Are there unlockable weapons/gear only available on 2nd play through?

  20. #1980
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    489
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Fuck, other then the xp bonus what do I loose out on just doing a different play through? Are there unlockable weapons/gear only available on 2nd play through?
    No.

Page 99 of 154 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mass Effect - Spoilers
    By TheShadyMan in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 2008-01-28, 17:03