Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 132

Thread: 3.1 PTR Patch Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #81
    YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,453
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Vobent View Post
    They're changing the hearth CD from 1hr to 30mins.
    If this is indeed going to be the case, then I can live with the no more ghetto hearth. :D

  2. #82
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I don't get it, are you trolling? If do you not have gear to maintain 102.4% then you are not raiding, much less getting gear from 25s. You do not *have* to give up anything, and if you are giving up avoidance stats for stamina, except for 1 or 2 fights, you're doing it wrong. I don't know if you avoid DR past 540 like the plague, or just stack stamina, but it is fairly easy to pull off. Everything is readily available on on current gear. The fact that you say you have to give up pure avoidance to get this mythical number pushes me towards the fact you are a troll or you have no clue. Avoidance is what helps you reach that. Typically (mileage varies depending on gear) ~25% dodge, 20% parry, miss from DR (8-11% after diminishing returns) and you are set. All the while using the Libram of Obstruction. As for Divinity, it does not add EH. And like I tried to say earlier, if you are being topped off (overhealed) and there is no strain on the healers, then any additional healing being done is also overhealing. If down-ranking was still viable, you may have a point. But it is not.

    You say I might want to do some research on WotLK tanking...I've got a few tips for you. Stop using SoR to tank. Stop taking Reckoning. Stop taking PvP talents. Stop using spell-power weapons or spell-power at all, aside from what is given to you by the talent. If these comments are not true, then I have just done what you have, making assumptions based on my post. However, if any of them are, get out more. You can sound all you want like the people who pop up on MT, EJ, or Wowhead and start some thread about some topic whether it be Reckoning, builds, or some aspect that has been beaten to death.

    I just had to get that out of my system, and because I suspect this is indeed a bait, I'm done.

    Hi, I'd like to introduce you to my friend WotLK, he took crushing blows out of raids. (edit: I read that wrong, thought you were trying to say you can't get into a raid without it...)

    Holy shit.

    Block rating over anything is stupid. And no, if you're taking avoidance over stamina in near equal quantities, you're once again doing it wrong. Which is rather incredible that you would not only make that mistake but actually try to justify it in a debate started by you saying overhealing means you don't need better heals. And then follow it up with more shit about overhealing...


    Also, did it really not occur to you that flash heals are the same thing as downranking?

  3. #83
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

  4. #84
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    He's covered in bees!

  5. #85
    YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,453
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    He's covered in bees!
    Oh you

  6. #86
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,382
    BG Level
    7

    Unfortunately that isn't a mount, it's a boss in Ulduar. I assume the redish one is just another form of the a boss, probably an enrage. I guess it's possible they could use those models for the new GOTR mounts though.

  7. #87
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    654
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

    Quote Originally Posted by Bweigelt View Post
    Unfortunately that isn't a mount, it's a boss in Ulduar. I assume the redish one is just another form of the a boss, probably an enrage. I guess it's possible they could use those models for the new GOTR mounts though.

    From MMO-Champion:

    Ironbound Proto-Drake (Unconfirmed screenshot) - Summons and dismisses a rideable Ironbound Proto-Drake. This is a very fast mount. This mount can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend.
    Rusted Proto-Drake (Unconfirmed screenshot) - Summons and dismisses a rideable Rusted Proto-Drake. This is a very fast mount. This mount can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend.
    Fairly sure they're going to be mounts as well (probably the rewards for Ulduar's Heroic/Normal Glory of the Raider Achievements, since they're going to be removing the Plagued and Black drakes with 3.1).

  8. #88
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    It's irritating that they stopped putting "extremely fast" instead of very on the 310% ones so you can't tell until you actually see the spell buff.

  9. #89
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,132
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

    Actually, wowhead documents the mount speed so this search will show you all 310% speed mounts:

    http://www.wowhead.com/?spells=-5&filter=na=310;ex=on

  10. #90
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal View Post
    Actually, wowhead documents the mount speed so this search will show you all 310% speed mounts:

    Mounts - Spells - World of Warcraft
    Oh, yeah, I just mean it sucks that for them to even be able to do that, they have to see the spell buff.

    I.E. we can't look at these drakes and say that they're 280 or 310 until someone sees the actual spell buff.

    With s1 mount, you could look at all the epic flying mounts and see this one that said "extremely" instead of very. With the protos, and ashes for that matter, it still just says very.

  11. #91
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,903
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    Hi, I'd like to introduce you to my friend WotLK, he took crushing blows out of raids. (edit: I read that wrong, thought you were trying to say you can't get into a raid without it...)

    Holy shit.

    Block rating over anything is stupid. And no, if you're taking avoidance over stamina in near equal quantities, you're once again doing it wrong. Which is rather incredible that you would not only make that mistake but actually try to justify it in a debate started by you saying overhealing means you don't need better heals. And then follow it up with more shit about overhealing...


    Also, did it really not occur to you that flash heals are the same thing as downranking?
    Being "unhittable" is still useful. Being able to guarantee you'll block 1500 damage an attack IS nice. I don't go out of my way to get it, I just use my tier pieces. I also stack BV where I can get it safely as it's threat and when at 102.4% it's consistent mitigation. The paladin class is built around being the consistent tank in WotLK, 102.4% and high BV helps that concept more than dodge/parry. There are times when dodge/parry is more important, yes, but I'd rather take consistent damage than sometimes take damage and sometimes take none.

  12. #92
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,383
    BG Level
    6

    I think there's a bit of disparity in opinions here.

    As a member of raiding guild with both a Warrior (tank/dps) as well as healer (Priest), I can see the major benefits to a Paladin blocking every attack.. problem is, 100% is really not much amazingly better than 99%, or 98%, etc. Uncrittable makes a big difference, as a crit can put you from near full to dead- same with crushing blows [which are no longer in raid encounters, but still exist; i'm talking more pre-WOTLK raids though, so assume they're gone]. Taking one hit a fight that does full dmg as opposed to 1500 blocked isn't going to make or break your outcome- its because of this that I shy away from Paladin tanks who pass up other stats in order to hit the 102.4% first..

    That being said, as was posted, its pretty easy to hit that amount without sacrificing much in the way of stam/dodge/parry anyhow, so its a relatively moot point- also, from a healer perspective, I much prefer tanks to mitigate more damage as opposed to simply avoiding it; it keeps people alive a lot longer, is less stressful, more predictable... etc. On my Warrior I constantly wish I had more flat-out mitigation rather than just avoidance stats, so its nice. However, I just don't see the 'magic' of hitting 100% rather than 99%, not since the removal of crushing blows from raid encounters.

  13. #93
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    New interview with the lead designer gives me a whole lot more respect for the people behind the game. Here's my favorite line:

    "I think many of these discussions come down to "It sucks to get nerfed." Believe me, we know. Nerfing classes means there was a failure on our part. You should blame us, and certainly not other players who make decent posts or participate in PTR testing. "

    This was on mmo-champion. You would NEVER hear this from a FFXI dev. I respect he's willing to own up to mistakes. Makes me alot more complacent to changes.

  14. #94
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    New interview with the lead designer gives me a whole lot more respect for the people behind the game. Here's my favorite line:

    "I think many of these discussions come down to "It sucks to get nerfed." Believe me, we know. Nerfing classes means there was a failure on our part. You should blame us, and certainly not other players who make decent posts or participate in PTR testing. "

    This was on mmo-champion. You would NEVER hear this from a FFXI dev. I respect he's willing to own up to mistakes. Makes me alot more complacent to changes.
    no they'd just ban you if you took advantage of something they messed up in ffxi >.>

    Although... I do kinda miss the free Season 4 from vender... ;/
    and dam them shamans the 1-2 days they could get free T6 from the vender too!

  15. #95
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    # A new (and very rare) special mount can now be caught from Northrend fishing pools.

    I'm going to be fishing all day once 3.1 comes.

  16. #96
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    Probably the turtle that was mentioned in the notes yesterday.

  17. #97
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    493
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    very rare scares me in blizzard terms, i get the impression that means it's about 1 in 5000

  18. #98
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    I'm getting excited for the patch. I really want to do ulduar since most of the gear blows current drops out of the water. Sucks ill have to be a pug if i want to see it any time soon :/ My guild isnt ready for ulduar.

  19. #99
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    If you've cleared 10man naxx you can do 10man ulduar.

  20. #100
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    We've cleared all 4 wings, just never finished it. What i mean by having to pug myself is we've got like 2 hunters doing 1.4k dps and a lock doing 1.2. Not nearly solid enough that i would want to enter ulduar with people pulling those numbers.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 3.2 Patch Notes
    By Dezzimal in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 2009-06-24, 13:52
  2. 3.0.3 Patch Notes
    By Bwelch in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2008-11-07, 17:22