Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 221
  1. #161
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,659
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    He could be on to something.

    Think of all the people that'd love to see Bieber blown up or torched.

    More realistically, Segal or Norris should be signed up for the next flick. JCVD is taking this shit way too seriously, these kinds of movies are just made to poke fun at yourself while making some money/doing some fanservice.

    I mean, he really didnt think those flicks he made were Oscar-worthy............did he? So why screw your fans over by snubbing the type of movie that made you?

  2. #162
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    He could be on to something.

    Think of all the people that'd love to see Bieber blown up or torched.
    Dude you're a genius. If the next movie had Chuck Norris kicking Justin Bieber through a 10 story window onto a pit of broken glass I'd see it multiple times.

  3. #163
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    He could be on to something.

    Think of all the people that'd love to see Bieber blown up or torched.

    More realistically, Segal or Norris should be signed up for the next flick. JCVD is taking this shit way too seriously, these kinds of movies are just made to poke fun at yourself while making some money/doing some fanservice.

    I mean, he really didnt think those flicks he made were Oscar-worthy............did he? So why screw your fans over by snubbing the type of movie that made you?
    Exactly, who wouldn't want to see Bieber sniped, nuked, gutted, etc?

  4. #164
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    Plot needs to involve an evil plan to subvert youth of america via an army of bieber clones and 78% of the movie should be said clones being brutally killed

  5. #165
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,827
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I take back my statement. You guys (and Crews) might be on to something here with the Bieber clone killing. Though I'm not sure if audience will respond well to a movie thats all about killing women.

  6. #166
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Lesbian women even.

  7. #167
    Professional Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,853
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Love me some lesbian woman with fucked up ass haircuts.

  8. #168
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,095
    BG Level
    8

    i prefer my asses hairless

  9. #169
    Shadow of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,003
    BG Level
    6

    Justin Bieber cameo doing something crazy would be awesome (maybe a flashback or something, or he gets killed quickly after doing it). Past his shitty music and crazy fandom, the kid is pretty funny (see: Bieber or Die last April 1st) and can take a joke well. Seeing him do a scene like the super shotgun (either the explanation or shooting it while running down a hallway, or both) or plane fly-by would be worth the $9.50 for me.

  10. #170
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,949
    BG Level
    6

    Pretty bad movie. Pretty cool seeing shit get blown up. Shoulda been like pr0n less talking, more action.

  11. #171
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    I don't know, I like my interviews in porn.

  12. #172
    Electric Six groupie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,451
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

    Wish they had the budget to make the movie longer and extend the story line. It felt too smashed together. This could have made a great action movie with an excellent plot. I have no gripes about action, which went above my expectations. Our entire theatre was filled with teenagers laughing at every little bit of dialogue; it made me want to punch their Bieber-loving throats in. Rourke is a damn good actor and I missed every single one of his dialogues.

  13. #173
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    didnt like the movie, but oh well my friends paid for it lol

  14. #174
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,586
    BG Level
    10

    Movie finally got around to my part of Germany. Shit was freaking awesome and the CGI some of you are bitching about is barely noticeable when it's only a few frames long. Austin's death was the only really crappy one that stood out. Other then that, Crews was the freaking man and the one-liner style dialogue was just as awesome.

    Expendables is to action movies as Zombieland was to zombie/horror movies, an admission that the genre generally sucks 90% of the time so let's just amp up and emphasize the parts people love.

  15. #175
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I saw this today, finally. For the most part with the "plot" I was bored to tears. The first half of the movie was so fucking slow. I appreciate a good story in a movie with lots of dialogue. Take Inglorious Basterds for example. Great movie with awesome dialogue. This movie was complete shit though. I did expect that however, and went in knowing it was just going to be one of those fun kinda movies. I could have slept through the first hour and been happy to watch the last 30 mins. Towards the end though, the movie was fucking great. The action was over the top awesome. Terry Crews was the fucking man with his auto shotgun. Another thing, I didn't care in the slightest for any of the characters. There was also never any sense of danger for any of them. I don't know. I wasn't expecting much of the movie, but maybe a little more than this. If it wasn't for who was starring in it, I don't think I'd have even bothered.

  16. #176
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Movie finally got around to my part of Germany. Shit was freaking awesome and the CGI some of you are bitching about is barely noticeable when it's only a few frames long. Austin's death was the only really crappy one that stood out. Other then that, Crews was the freaking man and the one-liner style dialogue was just as awesome.

    Expendables is to action movies as Zombieland was to zombie/horror movies, an admission that the genre generally sucks 90% of the time so let's just amp up and emphasize the parts people love.
    While I understand your point, I think Zombieland was better at it than Expendables was. Both were good, but Zombieland was great, imo.

  17. #177
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    <redacted>

  18. #178
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    While I understand your point, I think Zombieland was better at it than Expendables was. Both were good, but Zombieland was great, imo.
    Agreed 100% Zombieland as a whole was a very enjoyable movie. Expendables I only liked about 40% of

  19. #179
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    I wasnt going for the plot obviously..but shit, if you're going to invest millions in a movie, why can't you hire a single decent writter for a good script? It doesnt need to be oscar worthy, but it doesnt have to be an uninspirated copy paste either.

    Anyway, the action was a letdown for the most part. Shaky cam, extremely short sequence (camera cut after any punch or attacks), barely any fight in the first hours...it wasnt all bad, but I was expecting a few more memorable scenes. In 6 months, I probably won't remember anything about this movie.

  20. #180
    Limecat
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries
    2

    Just saw this movie. Shit was fucking amazing. Only thing that could have made it better was a voice from nowhere saying "Fatality" when Austin died with that punch to the face. It fed into my inner psycho and need to kill.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Iron Sky: Nazis on the Moon (MC: 43, RT: 40%)
    By Milkster in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 2012-07-03, 13:49
  2. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (MC: 45, RT: 25%)
    By Milkster in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2011-11-21, 10:55
  3. Conan The Barbarian (MC: 36, RT: 22%)
    By 6souls in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 2011-08-23, 17:38
  4. Pirates 4: On Stranger Tides (MC: 45, RT: 33%)
    By Qalbert in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: 2011-08-06, 07:31
  5. Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (MC: 42, RT: 36%)
    By Velgadess in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 392
    Last Post: 2011-07-22, 02:12
  6. Book of ELI aka Fallout: the movie (MC: 53, RT: 48%)
    By Rhinox in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 2011-01-17, 01:13
  7. Dragonball: Evolution (Now with Trailer) (MC: 45, RT: 15%)
    By Kaslo in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2009-02-16, 13:59
  8. The Spirit (MC: 30, RT: 15%)
    By Dimmauk in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2008-12-29, 20:23