Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 379
  1. #261
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Personally I have a harder time with the lickers than the reapers. The reapers I just pull out my upgraded Ithica shotgun (first play through so no gatling gun) and shoot them and it makes them stagger so they can't attack. Just keep shooting until they are dead.

    The lickers on the other hand are harder to make stagger so they will sometimes still grab you with their tongue through a shotgun blast.

  2. #262
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    868
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Seamus Sunder
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Personally I have a harder time with the lickers than the reapers. The reapers I just pull out my upgraded Ithica shotgun (first play through so no gatling gun) and shoot them and it makes them stagger so they can't attack. Just keep shooting until they are dead.

    The lickers on the other hand are harder to make stagger so they will sometimes still grab you with their tongue through a shotgun blast.
    Reapers just creep me out more than anything, don't like bugs ; ;.

    EDIT: If anyone wants the egg achievement, I'm sitting at 3/4 but missing the golden egg. Gamertag is o Oni o.

  3. #263
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    787
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Been playing mercs mode a lot, noticed that Chris with his shades is immune to flash grenades and Wesker has the quick dash ability, are there any other littee secrets with the other characters?

  4. #264
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Supposedly you can change directions with Wesker while dashing in Merc mode, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. I figured out his knee attack, but direction change while running would be even better. Wesker (both of them) are beastly. Anyone know?

  5. #265
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Isawa View Post
    Reapers just creep me out more than anything, don't like bugs ; ;.

    EDIT: If anyone wants the egg achievement, I'm sitting at 3/4 but missing the golden egg. Gamertag is o Oni o.
    Go to 3-1 (airboat level) and put it on Expert, chase the chickens on the center island and they'll eventually lay a golden egg.

  6. #266
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Finally beat the game on my first play through yesterday. Beat it on veteran by myself the whole way. Holy crap it was hard to not play it in co-op. Sometimes I think the most difficult part was how retarded the AI Sheva was.

    Epic ending. Is there a way to go back and start a newgame + after you jump to a chapter for farming? I wanted to get more money to upgrade guns and after I did newgame + turned into continue and won't come back.

    So far I fully upgraded the ithica shotgun the first sniper rifle and the magnum and have infinite ammo on the shotgun and the magnum. Man infinite ammo magnum is so fun. I really want to save up for the bow for Sheva now.

  7. #267
    Witty Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,849
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    If you start 1-1 and just play through again I'm pretty sure it counts as a new game anyway.

  8. #268
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Go to Select Chapter to start at the beginning or rerun any mission you prefer to farm money.

  9. #269
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Really odd I think, got a roten egg off a spider today.

  10. #270
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,405
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Really odd I think, got a roten egg off a spider today.
    So they do drop stuff. I've killed a few of them but never got anything at all. Guess they work like the snakes.

  11. #271
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    225
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Ever since beating the shit out of that boulder I can't shake the image of Chris being infected with a virus and turning into the tank in L4D. I'd also like to add it was one of the manliest things I've ever seen.

  12. #272
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Chris can beat the L4D tank in a fist fight. His biceps > tank's biceps.

  13. #273
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I've found my best farming run is doing boards 5-1 to 5-3 with infinite ammo on with the SW500 magnum. all 3 stages might seem long, but I can get through all of them in about < 30 mins. You easily get over 110k in drops alone. You'll probably end up with 4-5 Power Stones, 10 Lion Hearts, Heart of Africa, and various other gems. Also the chance at getting magnum/grenade launcher ammo from all of the lickers

  14. #274
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    So bf and I finished last night, and I LOVE the co-op mode. Even though it's not as survival horrorish, I still hope they continue making the games that way.

    So I was thinking last night, officially the 4 playable characters from 1-2 have had their own game, essentially making it full circle. I wonder who will be in the next game. I would guess they might go back and show what's been happening with Claire, since we've seen the other three in 4 and 5. Or I wonder if they actually have a whole never character (doubtful but always possible). What do you guys think?

  15. #275
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    726
    BG Level
    5

    I think Campcom mentioned that they were doing a reboot for 6.

  16. #276
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,246
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    So bf and I finished last night, and I LOVE the co-op mode. Even though it's not as survival horrorish, I still hope they continue making the games that way.
    Yeah. this game is about as scary as Peggle... I think they need to work on that a bit. Kinda easy and short too... Maybe Professional is more challenging.

    So I was thinking last night, officially the 4 playable characters from 1-2 have had their own game, essentially making it full circle. I wonder who will be in the next game. I would guess they might go back and show what's been happening with Claire, since we've seen the other three in 4 and 5. Or I wonder if they actually have a whole never character (doubtful but always possible). What do you guys think?
    S.T.A.R.S. prequel where we fight random thugs and hooligans in Raccoon City!

    No, but seriously, I would have loved for this game to be Chris and Barry. I think they should use him again at some point. I never really liked Leon, or even Claire very much. This one was supposed to be the end of the Raccoon City storyline, I hope it's not the end for all those characters also.

  17. #277
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    I didnt think it was that short my first playthrough was around 16 hrs, and i investigate everything pretty much. The replayablility of the game is quite alot and the new DLC will add even more, so i think its far from short.

  18. #278
    spd
    spd is offline
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    280
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Wiki says PC port second half of 2009, w00t

    edit, unless its April fools an i'm getting whooshed, in which case /emo

  19. #279
    Pro
    Pro is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    Professional mode is pretty ridiculous. I've beat it on all 3 modes BUT professional mode. I keep dying at the first part with the Executioner because Sheva keeps getting in the way...one hit = Dying, and Dying state lasts about 2~ seconds tops...

  20. #280
    I am a Cockwhistle
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    500
    BG Level
    5

    I think to wrap this part of the series up, the game really didn't have that much of an option to be "scary". There'd be really no point to Wesker hiding in an eerie mansion/cave/village/Cabin/etc. They made bioweapons to sell, and always tried to improve them, so this kinda made the most logical sense, you kinda fail at the bioweapons market if all you can do is make zombies that move around slowly and attempt to eat brains.

    Where's the best place to probably do this? A third world country. Didn't hurt that the progenitor virus was found there either. At this point it was simply about stopping them, and they had the best bioweapons they could make I guess (the parasite controlled people could actually take orders, use guns, ride bikes, all improvements as bioweapons over the original zombies). I wasn't looking much for the horror part in this game, to be honest the only thing that ever got a scare out of me in any of the REs really was the dogs breaking through the windows in the first one, a lot of the scares in RE history have been cheap thrills, they were fun, but I wouldn't compare it to like the first Silent Hill when you enter the backyard of that house and it goes almost completely dark and there's that spooky as hell background and you have no clue what's going on, which actually did feel SCARY.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Resident Evil 5 Demo
    By Wintermute in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 2009-03-04, 07:34