Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 379
  1. #61
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    787
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    What I don't get is... why is the 360 version 1080p (when it doesnt support it natively) and the PS3 box says 720p. Was all excited to get the PS3 version until i read that on the box, but now gonna get it for 360.
    Anybody know if PS3 version supports true 7.1?
    The PS3 doesn't upscale, only the 360 does, and I don't know about the 7.1 thing.

  2. #62
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcin View Post
    can tell me if a college ID is fine for pickup(I have the receipt too) since idk how but I lost my ID somewhere blargh.
    Gamestop would take any form of identification... You could prolly show them the fakest of fake ID's and they would still not give it a 2nd look.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydewinder View Post
    The PS3 doesn't upscale, only the 360 does, and I don't know about the 7.1 thing.
    Yeah but the PS3 can support true 1080p for games, no?

  3. #63
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    787
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Yeah it can, but RE isn't true1080p, a game like Wipeout HD is an example of true HD.
    I think there's a way you can force it to upscale but I didn't really look into it.

  4. #64
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    578
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Gamestop would take any form of identification... You could prolly show them the fakest of fake ID's and they would still not give it a 2nd look.
    Yeah I was more thinking about them being assholes that my college id doesn't have date of birth, but if they give me shit i'll bust out my birth certificate lol.

  5. #65
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,855
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

    need an id with date of birth + photo on it

  6. #66
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I'm leaving in a few minutes to my local gamestop to pick it up :D

    Off tomorrow from work, so I'll probably clear it through the same day. I should really take my time with it, but it's gonna get beat regardless, so I don't see the difference.

  7. #67
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,787
    BG Level
    10

    So I am pretty much hearing this game blows compared to the past ones? orz....

  8. #68
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    855
    BG Level
    5

    Fuck yes... versus mode to be released! Shame you have to pay for it, but whatever. Expecting this shit by now.

  9. #69
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    So I am pretty much hearing this game blows compared to the past ones? orz....
    your sources are lying, its better than re4

  10. #70
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,380
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    So I am pretty much hearing this game blows compared to the past ones? orz....
    Well there's people out there that think RE4 blew, so I would take what you hear with a grain of salt.

  11. #71
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Yeah, the game is a lot of fun. But the true fun is had when you play co-op. My friend and I have been playing this for several hours and shit this game is fun. The teamwork needed, inventory management and general fun of the game makes it awesome to play. It isn't as scary, but there are moments where you think "holy shit!" and have to do something crazy because the situation is nuts.

    There's a lot of setpieces and whatnot, the only negative thing (which may be a positive in some ways) is that RE5 feels less like an RE game and more...nextgen. There must be a nextgen manual that states when making a game, you must do THESE THINGS.

    The story is pretty good, although some things are painfully obvious (that's usually been the case) but unraveling the mystery of the case is still as fun as ever. The game is short but it feels like it'll have some good replay value.

  12. #72
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    872
    BG Level
    5

    Just got it from a midnight sale, waiting for my friend to get home

  13. #73
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    578
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

    FUCK YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Got it. College ID was fine also, they didn't even care.

  14. #74
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    Just came back with a copy as well :D Didn't even have it reserved.

  15. #75
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    got mine from midnight opening, i died so many times vs the huge guy w/ axe. am i not suppose to killl him or something?

  16. #76
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    787
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    got mine from midnight opening, i died so many times vs the huge guy w/ axe. am i not suppose to killl him or something?
    You can kill him, but you're supposed to just avoid him for a certain amount of time until backup arrives.

  17. #77
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,246
    BG Level
    6

    3/5? I haven't played the full game yet, but I have a STRONG hunch that that is a harsh rating.

    I know you got it already, but I think I went to Gamestop once with a preorder and just told them who I was, without showing ID. lulz

  18. #78
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,787
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by OzzofAsura View Post
    3/5? I haven't played the full game yet, but I have a STRONG hunch that that is a harsh rating.
    Most places that gave Re4 game of the year have been giving Re5 6.6 ~ 8.1 ratings.

  19. #79
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,246
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Most places that gave Re4 game of the year have been giving Re5 6.6 ~ 8.1 ratings.
    I usually like IGN reviews/reviewers, gave it a 9/10.

  20. #80
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Well, I must say after waiting over a year for this game I am NOT disappointed at all. I've only beat chapter 1-1 and 1-2, and it's been great so far. There are 6 chapters, going up to 6-3, so I'll probably beat it by tomorrow, but we'll see. I started the game on veteran like many reviews suggested to lengthen the game a bit, and I have to agree I like the challenge. Damage does a lot, but it makes you a better player by having to avoid enemies and get the higher ground.


    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Most places that gave Re4 game of the year have been giving Re5 6.6 ~ 8.1 ratings.
    Where the hell are you seeing these reviews? The worst one I've seen yet is G4, and I can't stand anything that comes from them. Adam Sessler is way over critical. Every other review I've seen is 85-90%

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Resident Evil 5 Demo
    By Wintermute in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 2009-03-04, 07:34