Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 379
  1. #141
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,907
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    The Lickers aren't too much of a problem. When in a group and close to you, shotgun them if you don't want to waste Magnum ammo, otherwise just use the rifle and start sniping them from afar. They can't tongue you if you shoot them, and the rifle shots can pass through them and hit several at a time. I like the lickers, easy to kill, comes in masses and drops valuable treasure.

  2. #142
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    There were only two circumstances where I had real issues with them. Both times it was a large number of them and I was very low on ammo. Proximity mines came in very handy at that point. You guys will get a kick out of this. I was poor as shit until like chapter four because I didn't see the part where you hit the right trigger to get access to all your treasure you found to sell. So when I did finally pay attention to it I ended up with about 70k gold lol.

  3. #143
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,325
    BG Level
    7

    Great gameplay. I didn't like the story much though. Sheva was a nice addition to the franchise. Jill looked awesome. Wesker was annoying as hell. Moreso than that 30s gangster voice guy. All in all it was a blast. Really looking forward to playing all the different modes and blah blah.

  4. #144
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Lol. Licker's are great (I pissed my pants in joy seeing them again!) I just carry a LOT of explosive grenade ammo and switch to shotgun after a bunch of them go down. Several times a Licker was about to tongue me only to be smacked in the face by a grenade round. I also didn't like the armed majini part a lot, felt very GoW (find cover, hide behind cover, shoot over cover) but I remember parts of RE4 being like that, so it wasn't bad. I also liked having to switch up tactics a little to kill them. The only things I didn't like were the Reapers. Scary fuckers.

    I didn't find inventory a problem, I didn't carry any tactical vests so I had a lot of space. I actually really liked the real time inventory (felt a lot more realistic and scary when you're doing stuff in a fight), once you figure out certain nuances (like moving ammo on top of weapons to reload them quickly, which makes the grenade launcher broken as fuck) it's very fun and adds to the cooperative value of the game.

    Funny story I had when I came to the Licker part. My partner would always slowly ease through doors, he didn't know for ages you can press the door open button twice to burst through the door. It always annoyed when he went first because he would never open it quickly. Anyway, the second Licker encounter came up, when you have to be quiet to sneak past a fuckload of them. I had just told him a few minutes ago how you could burst through the door by pressing the button twice. I told him the stfu and walk carefully past the Lickers. He walks ahead and gets to the door, I'm in the process of telling him to open it quietly and BOOM! He fucking smashes the door down for the very first time in the game and all the Lickers swarm us like flies.

    Nevertheless, our favourite phrase during RE5 was "bail."

  5. #145
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I will definitely continue playing the game. Can't wait for a few of my friends to finish it up so we can play Mercenaries.

  6. #146
    Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,841
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    FYI, you can kill lickers in one hit with grenades (green ones) if you hit them straight on with them. It's pretty easy since they move so slow. Best thing to do is farm a whole bunch of grenades in the first couple of chapters (I have 21 atm) and then just bring a bunch to the licker parts. You can farm magnum ammo and the Power Stone the drop easy. They just kinda blow up and turn into mush.

    Anyone else see some of the extra guns that you unlock when you fully customize the first kind of each weapon? They're pretty nuts. I plan on farming a shit ton of gold and buying them :D

  7. #147
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Acid Rounds work that well on them? Well, I figured they would need to work on something, thanks for the tip.

  8. #148
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Just started to play late last night but game is awesome.. Im amused cause i always just roam around nearly dead and let sheva keep reviving me haha. Is there a way to farm money though so I can be cheap and max out all my guns super fast ?

  9. #149
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Probably the easiest way to farm up a lot of gold is to beat the game and start over with your current characters intact. It makes it a shitload easier to take out the previously "hard" mini bosses. Like the axe man at the beginning. Only drops a bracelet worth 5k but it's still money.

  10. #150
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    832
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Just started to play late last night but game is awesome.. Im amused cause i always just roam around nearly dead and let sheva keep reviving me haha. Is there a way to farm money though so I can be cheap and max out all my guns super fast ?
    Start Chapter 3-1, and go find all the treasures without picking up the plate pieces need for the gate (it'd trigger the villagers to come at you).

    1. At the beginning there's 1 ruby and 1 brown beetle (1k each) + 2 breakable vase for more gold/ammo.

    2. When you're on the canoe, go west of map and you'll see another part of the village. Go there and in the 1st house there's 1 breakable vase. Go out and there's 1 treasure box (2k) + green herb and 2 breakable vase. [Do not go across the bridge, this will trigger the cutscene and the villagers will come at you]. Go back to the canoe after you're done

    3. Next head to middle part of the map and you'll encounter a chicken farm. There're 2 breakable vase here, 1 Treasure box (2k), and 1 brown beetle + White/Brown/Golden chicken eggs (random).

    4. Head North-West and you'll encounter a small area. In there you'll see 1 BSSA medallion, 1 breakable vase, then jump down the water and pick up the 1 brown beetle. Next climb up the ladder and there's another Treasure box (2k).

    5. Head the middle top part of the map, there's an abandon ship and you'll find a Rocket Launcher there (worth 1k).

    6. Finally, Go top right of the map. There's 1 green jewelry, 8 breakable vase + 1 treasure box(2k). The Treasure box is 1st "Assist Jump" closest to the vase on the left. 2nd Assist Jump will trigger the villagers.

    After all that, Quit and Save the process including equipments. And you"ll be back to the main menu screen, Choose "Continue" and repeat the process.

    The entire thing takes about 7 minutes to do, net you 11k and ammo for various guns.

  11. #151
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Wesker. I mean for God's sake the guy was still fighting as he was literally standing in a river of lava. Plus how many other times have we seen one person die, only to find out that they miraculously survived and we changed by whatever pharmaceutical company Capcom decides to use that day as the bad guys. The music in the fight against Jill was amazing.
    Spoiler: show
    I'm pretty sure Wesker's done. Two rockets, which is pretty much standard RE-Finish-the-Bad-Guy stuff? Otherwise Saddler would be back and he would be pissed.

    However, you're right when you say that now it's going to be all the pharma companies that got their hands on whatever information Wesker sold them. Too bad he had to have that whole God complex bullshit. He probably had enough money to live like a king for the rest of his life.

  12. #152
    Pro
    Pro is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    Another money trick, beginning of chatper 5-1(roses one?) start up, find the bug(item)...just wander around the load up area and you'll find it-> Start -> quit -> save equipment -> rinse -> repeat. Sells for 3k...repeat as much as you want...nets you 3k for 15 seconds of work (excluding load up time)

    Edit: To clear up and add a correction.

    Bug is actually 2k
    and to find the bug, just head left till you hit the dead end area, the bug should be there-

  13. #153
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,882
    BG Level
    10

    So I went to a birthday dinner tonight for a friend of mine who is a music video producer. He had told me he'd been playing a shitload of RE5 co-op online with his friend Roger. I'd never met this Roger before, so I introduced myself when I got to dinner. We shot the shit for a bit, and then he was saying that when he would play RE5 single-player, he kept getting invites from random kids asking to play co-op together, as if he was someone important.

    I asked "oh, are you...in the video games industry?" He replied "Oh, I do voice acting work for a bunch of games and stuff - I am Chris Redfield."

    Welcome to RogerCraigSmith.com

    Fucking sweet.

  14. #154
    Pro
    Pro is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    oh, one more money making trick, although it requires 2 people...it seems like easy money.

    sorry for the gamefaqs copypasta ;x

    Quote Originally Posted by gamefaqs
    send me ur PSN and we shall do the egg trick (worth 2K each).
    If u have a mic it would be easier but its not necessary because the trick is explained bellow:
    Basically here's how it works (the beginning might take a while because I only have 2 eggs)
    1. You host a game and invite me
    2. I equip myself with the rotten eggs
    3. I quit, leaving you with the eggs
    4. You make the AI give you all the eggs.
    5. Quit the game and save, then reinvite me.
    6. Repeat step 1 and equip the eggs you got from me. (once i join give the eggs to me.
    We will do that until we have 45eggs (inventory full of eggs)
    Once we have 45 eggs we will take turns duplicating
    I'll host one time and you host the second and so forth.

    We do this until we each have gathered about 500 eggs which sells for 1,000 000
    That should be enuff to buy n e things.
    And btw, thats pretty cool that you met the voice actor of Chris Redfield

  15. #155
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    So I went to a birthday dinner tonight for a friend of mine who is a music video producer. He had told me he'd been playing a shitload of RE5 co-op online with his friend Roger. I'd never met this Roger before, so I introduced myself when I got to dinner. We shot the shit for a bit, and then he was saying that when he would play RE5 single-player, he kept getting invites from random kids asking to play co-op together, as if he was someone important.

    I asked "oh, are you...in the video games industry?" He replied "Oh, I do voice acting work for a bunch of games and stuff - I am Chris Redfield."

    Welcome to RogerCraigSmith.com

    Fucking sweet.
    That's fucking awesome.

    Also Code Geass (Animation) - Gilbert G.P. Guilford - Cartoon Network

    lol.

  16. #156
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Love this game, sat and played 9 hrs straight last night and this morning, on chapter 5-2 currently.

  17. #157
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    So I went to a birthday dinner tonight for a friend of mine who is a music video producer. He had told me he'd been playing a shitload of RE5 co-op online with his friend Roger. I'd never met this Roger before, so I introduced myself when I got to dinner. We shot the shit for a bit, and then he was saying that when he would play RE5 single-player, he kept getting invites from random kids asking to play co-op together, as if he was someone important.

    I asked "oh, are you...in the video games industry?" He replied "Oh, I do voice acting work for a bunch of games and stuff - I am Chris Redfield."

    Welcome to RogerCraigSmith.com

    Fucking sweet.
    Did he get a free copy of the game at least?

  18. #158
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Did you check out his website? Look at his resume. He has done tons of voice acting including voices for various characters in MGS4 pretty cool that you got to meet him.

  19. #159
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,627
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Anyone have golden and rotten eggs for the achievement? I have brown and white eggs to trade.
    Gamertag: vade281

  20. #160
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    kill snakes, they drop eggs

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Resident Evil 5 Demo
    By Wintermute in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 2009-03-04, 07:34