Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 287

Thread: Bioshock 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #201
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    679
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Indeed. If you want to play Bioshock 2, I say playing Bioshock 1 is a must.
    I personally like Bioshock 1 better. They just seemed to do a better job with the creepy, scary atmosphere. They used shadows and sounds a lot better, with more jumpy scared moments. Very little of that in Bioshock2. maybe because of the character you play, idk.
    I'm not saying Bioshock2 isn't good, just that I thought 1 was better.
    and story wise, yeah, you wont really appreciate much of anything or understand a lot of stuff without at least reading up on the story of the 1st game.
    ^This. Although the gameplay itself & hacking mini-game is better imo in bioshock 2, I'd say the story & level design are superior in the first. Even so, 2 is still very very good. Play both, you wont regret it.

  2. #202
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    269
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    I have a question, is it possible to connect a mouse and keyboard for the ps3 version? I have played all my fps on computers and when i tried bioshock 2 at a local lan party it felt extremely weird. I want to play on the ps3 because my computer could barely handle the first game on the lowest settings and i would like to experience the game with high end graphics.

    So in summary is it possible to use a keyboard and mouse for a ps3? If so do i need anything special for it? My ps3 is the 80gb fatty from the mgs4 bundle.

  3. #203
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,455
    BG Level
    7

    Is gathering with sisters necessary? Or is it just there to get more adam? (Possibly to compensate for not harvesting?)

  4. #204
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Its not something that is required at all its pretty optional, there are a couple trophies/achievements that involve it however, so if you care about those, i would recommend doing it. It also is a nice gameplay switch up.

  5. #205
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    For each little sister you get 2 Gathers. Each gather gives you a small amount of Adam. 80 I think, so 160 for the 2 gathers. then you can choose to either rescue or harvest the girl. rescuing her gives you a small amount, and harvesting gives you a lot more.
    everytime you save 3 little sisters they give you more adam, plus sometimes they'll give you gene tonics and ammo/money. I'm not sure which gives more adam.
    also, after you have taken care of all the little sisters in a single area, a big sister will come which gives you more Adam.
    you can choose to skip the gathers all together, but you'd lose out on 160 adam per little sister.
    plus, theres 2 endings. one good, one bad. killing the little sisters will get you the bad ending.

  6. #206
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    a big sister will come which gives you more Adam.
    Not every big sister drops adam.

  7. #207
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I don't think Ive ever had one not drop Adam. Though I can't say I was paying attention to it.

  8. #208
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    During my second playthrough only two or three dropped adam, most dropped cash and first aid kits.

  9. #209
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    298
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    I played on Hard and every single Big Sister had Adam. A "hint" even popped up on screen each time, "Go and collect your Adam from the Big Sister."

  10. #210
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    I will have to see because not everyone of them did for me.

  11. #211
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,683
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    There's an option in the pause menu that says something about an option that 'Increasing framerate but dropping quality' or something along those lines. Anyone messed around with this (PS3 just in case its console specific)? I never had a problem with framerate or textures, so was curious.

  12. #212
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    No, its not console specific.

  13. #213
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Ok so I went back to one of my saves on Normal, in Dionysus Park, and I killed a big sister, she dropped 45 dollars, 2 first aid kids and machine gun ammo. Did not drop adam.

  14. #214
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    It's because you suck.

  15. #215
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,683
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Ok so I went back to one of my saves on Normal, in Dionysus Park, and I killed a big sister, she dropped 45 dollars, 2 first aid kids and machine gun ammo. Did not drop adam.
    That is amazing. I've never experienced that myself. I always assumed ADAM was going to load in 1 of the spots.

    Speaking of Dionysus Park...some of the most fun I've had in the game so far.

  16. #216
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    149
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Elune

    Spoiler: show
    I was not a big fan of the fact that no matter what, you will not have enough ADAM to get even close to having all of the plasmids/tonics. With the first one, you might end up like short for one or two tonics, but in this one, half my plasmids werent even lvl2. Same thing goes with the weapon upgrades. Kinda weak that you dont get to see half of them upgraded.

  17. #217
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Eversor View Post
    Spoiler: show
    I was not a big fan of the fact that no matter what, you will not have enough ADAM to get even close to having all of the plasmids/tonics. With the first one, you might end up like short for one or two tonics, but in this one, half my plasmids werent even lvl2. Same thing goes with the weapon upgrades. Kinda weak that you dont get to see half of them upgraded.
    I only ever used the thunder, fire and trap plasmids. Only got the other plasmids to unloock the trophy.

  18. #218
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    149
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Elune

    You can add ice to the 3 listed as the ones I used. But it just seems rather crappy to not add enough ADAM to get most stuff. Not the right way to get people to play it over.

  19. #219
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,085
    BG Level
    6

    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fi...-dlc-announced

    Spoiler: show
    2K Games has announced new single-player and multiplayer content for BioShock 2.

    The first batch of DLC, the Sinclair Solutions Test Pack, will be out in March and cost 400 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live/Games for Windows - Live or $4.99 from the PlayStation Store.

    This add-on focuses on multiplayer and boosts ranks to level 50, and also introduces playable characters Louie McGraff and Oscar Calraca. There are 20 new trials to conquer, a third upgrade for each weapon and five new masks.

    Note that some of these extras are only available to players that achieve level 41 or higher.

    Subsequent DLC add-ons will arrive over the "coming months", according to the press release.


    Yawn.

  20. #220
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    never understood why X box uses "points" instead of a monetary value.
    well, I guess I can understand why.. "no, it doesnt cost $5! it costs 400 points!"

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bioshock: Infinite
    By Qalbert in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 471
    Last Post: 2016-11-19, 00:36
  2. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
    By Qalbert in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 2013-08-20, 11:13