Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 287

Thread: Bioshock 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #21
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

  2. #22
    Paging Dr. Nat
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,800
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    amazing
    cant wait

  3. #23
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    I'm up in the air. I loved the first one, but things about this bother me.

    The graphics are great, and the weapons look more fun this time around, but the voices don't have the same effect. The little sisters sound more in pain than brainwashed, and tenenbaum's voice seems a little off. And i haaate escort type quests, which is what most of this game supposedly is : /

    I'll still probably get it though lol.

  4. #24
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,578
    BG Level
    7

    Wish the sea parts were more open instead of linear.

  5. #25
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    If you're looking for big sister, you better check under the sea, because under there you'll find her, underneath the

  6. #26
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,106
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I'm up in the air. I loved the first one, but things about this bother me.

    The graphics are great, and the weapons look more fun this time around, but the voices don't have the same effect. The little sisters sound more in pain than brainwashed, and tenenbaum's voice seems a little off. And i haaate escort type quests, which is what most of this game supposedly is : /

    I'll still probably get it though lol.
    You could always just harvest the little sisters if you don't want to escort them.

  7. #27
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    872
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Thulius View Post
    You could always just harvest the little sisters if you don't want to escort them.
    Too bad there are probably better rewards for keeping them along.

  8. #28
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I'm up in the air. I loved the first one, but things about this bother me.

    The graphics are great, and the weapons look more fun this time around, but the voices don't have the same effect. The little sisters sound more in pain than brainwashed, and tenenbaum's voice seems a little off. And i haaate escort type quests, which is what most of this game supposedly is : /

    I'll still probably get it though lol.
    There is a reason behind this I believe. If you go to the website for this game and read the articles, all of the girls have been kidnapped from the land. I went through and read all of them (a lot is repetitive) but still good.

    It explains that a tall, skinny person, with a red light "attached to their head" was breaking/cutting through windows and stealing girls in the night. Also red lights have been seen under the water. It is obvious these are the big sisters, as you have seen them in the video.

    But yeah... that is why these little sisters are entirely different. The others were raised/brainwashed while in rapture, these were taken captive.

  9. #29
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    868
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Seamus Sunder
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    I enjoyed the first Bioshock, and this one looks promising. Though it does seem like it'll be heavily based around escort missions, the chance to put a drill through a Splicer's chest is tantalizing. And I noticed in the 9 minute clip when he's switching between weapons, the Drill seems to give a small rush to launch foes away (and up). The lulz to be had if someone were to involve the drill and plasmid traps.

  10. #30
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    There is a reason behind this I believe. If you go to the website for this game and read the articles, all of the girls have been kidnapped from the land. I went through and read all of them (a lot is repetitive) but still good.

    It explains that a tall, skinny person, with a red light "attached to their head" was breaking/cutting through windows and stealing girls in the night. Also red lights have been seen under the water. It is obvious these are the big sisters, as you have seen them in the video.

    But yeah... that is why these little sisters are entirely different. The others were raised/brainwashed while in rapture, these were taken captive.
    That's a good point, i had forgotten that fact, buuut:

    (spoilering because i know SOMEONE has been living under a rock and will bitch me out if i dont)

    Spoiler: show
    It's supposedly 1 big sister from what i've read in GI, that was a little sister herself and takes these girls back to rapture. I would assume since she's gonzo nuts and wants rapture back how it was, she would put the girls through the brainwashing area you explore in the first bioshock.


    As i said earlier, i'll still probably get this one, but i think a sequel is a very very bad idea. The first one was already near perfect, and tied up alot of loose ends by the end. It's such a monumental task to live up to the first that i just can't see them doing it justice. The plot just wont have the same emotional effect the first did. Why a big daddy? Where the hell was it when Jack was in rapture? And why/how on earth would Tenenbaum contact it? It just seems so tacked on.

  11. #31
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    868
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Seamus Sunder
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    As i said earlier, i'll still probably get this one, but i think a sequel is a very very bad idea. The first one was already near perfect, and tied up alot of loose ends by the end. It's such a monumental task to live up to the first that i just can't see them doing it justice. The plot just wont have the same emotional effect the first did. Why a big daddy? Where the hell was it when Jack was in rapture? And why/how on earth would Tenenbaum contact it? It just seems so tacked on.
    Shh... let's not think about plot holes. Just think of pummeling splicers with a huge drill and quoting lines from TTGL.

    Spoiler: show
    If you watch the video, it states that the first Big Daddy was aware and capable of making decisions for itself. I would think that would provide a problem, as Big Daddies were there to protect the Little Sisters and the option of not doing so would cause issues (and possible rebellion against said programming?) so they deactivated him or what have you. Tenenbaum knew where it had been stored/hidden/etc and reactivated it to solve the current problem.


    Of course, this is just my opinion. I'm sure it'll be explained in the game play, though I hope they do flash backs instead of the audio reels this time. I liked the back story but I also like being able to HEAR THE FUCKING THING.

  12. #32
    SCV ready!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    267
    BG Level
    4

    cant fucking wait for this to come out on PC !

  13. #33
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    BG Level
    7

    There is nothing wrong with sequels. I have high hopes for both this an Fallout: New Vegas (which will be basically fallout3 engine based, in a different area of the world; not a direct sequel however).

    IGN: BioShock 3 Announced

    Bioshock 3 is also announced, and needless to say regardless of how much money this next game makes (it will make a ton on name recognition alone) a third will still come out.

    The article says it is presumed to come out at the same time (frame) as the movie. I honestly hope they are not physically connected however, as I feel a game, based on a movie that is based on a game would be the biggest truckload of fail possible. Of course if you look at it in another light, it would just be a movie based on the third game. However I hope/think they will make the movie based on the first 2 games, or all 3 games together.

    I have high hopes that this becomes a series of games (as I thoroughly enjoy them) However they have a lot of hurdles to overcome. Retaining their ability to create new plasmids (phasing some out I hope.... lol insect swarm) expanding on the world as a whole. It will be hard to keep making games however as the "city" is only so big.

    It would be very interesting to see it blown up on a larger scale... say the world learns of the Plasmids/Adam and it blows up on a large scale.... an entire island, even the world. There are tons of ways they could go with the games if they wanted.

    Hell at the end of the game
    Spoiler: show

    It shows them escaping and attacking people on that sub/boat or w/e... not hard to believe they could take over the land. Also the big sister is taking girls hostage, so they have already visited outside of Rapture.


    Wall of text etc etc

  14. #34
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    I don't mean to be so negative, but i still don't see this as a good thing. They're milking the franchise for money and it's going to end up ruining everyone's feelings about the series.

    One thing i fully expect will happen either in this one or the next, even though it'll supposed to be a big suprise, is: (huge bioshock1 spoilers ahead)

    Spoiler: show
    Andrew Ryan will be alive again. Since only he and jack can use the vita chambers, he probably let himself die to jack to get fontaine off his trail. Then however a vita chamber works, bam! back alive and kicking again.

  15. #35
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    BG Level
    7

    Why does everyone say "milking the franchise" any time there is more than one game made? I've never quite understood that. If thats the case then all of the Harry Potter books, and other book series were all "milking the franchise". Personally I enjoy playing alot of the sequels. It's not like anyone is required to purchase the games. I've yet to be disappointed at the Half-Life Episodes.. other than wishing they were longer (which I do with most games). Fallout 3 was amazing. I'd pay the price for that game 3 times over, if they just increased the world size a few times, and added a couple new monsters/quests (see the add ons).

    I just feel that phrase is used in the wrong context in a lot of cases regarding game releases. It should only be really be used after the fact (if the game sucks).

  16. #36
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    I'm saying milk the franchise because all the loose ends were tied up in the original. There were no major questions left at the end. If there was more to tell, sure ok that's fine, but there isnt really.

  17. #37
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I'm saying milk the franchise because all the loose ends were tied up in the original. There were no major questions left at the end. If there was more to tell, sure ok that's fine, but there isnt really.
    So you never wondered where the plasmids/tonics actually came from? In the video I've seen it shows Fontane Futuristics. This game is a prequel and at the same time a sequel according to the articles I've read. Probably means we see some things that happened before, in flashback sense, as well as progressing what happened. I don't know what the time line was for the original (so I can't date the articles on the second site) though I'd assume the big sister stuff will be the progression of the story, not the prequel part.

  18. #38
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Minions View Post
    So you never wondered where the plasmids/tonics actually came from? In the video I've seen it shows Fontane Futuristics. This game is a prequel and at the same time a sequel according to the articles I've read. Probably means we see some things that happened before, in flashback sense, as well as progressing what happened. I don't know what the time line was for the original (so I can't date the articles on the second site) though I'd assume the big sister stuff will be the progression of the story, not the prequel part.
    The first game already explained this...

  19. #39
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    The first game already explained this...
    Did you stop reading after that? lol I know it explained it, it didn't show it. Also thats how new plasmids will tie in. Unreleased to the public, experimental versions.

  20. #40
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    Number 2 is set 10 years after the events of the original.

    So you never wondered where the plasmids/tonics actually came from?
    By this logic, number 3 should show where they make the shell casings from, where all the poo in rapture goes, and their shipping schedules for delivery around rapture. Exciting! A bit of an exaggeration, but in the first we already saw the important stuff: the main antagonists and the resolution to them, and the interesting scenes like the big daddy/little sister areas.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bioshock: Infinite
    By Qalbert in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 471
    Last Post: 2016-11-19, 00:36
  2. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
    By Qalbert in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 2013-08-20, 11:13