Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 658
  1. #261
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    869
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Sch is now going to be THE subjob choice for whm (assuming its not already) if the damage stance tracks from any source.

    1. Pop stance
    2. Use sublimation
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    That's what I've been saying XD

    It's going to amazing!

  2. #262
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,226
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    I always wondered if I missed something or if maybe I'm just missing the argument point. I always thought WHM was the pinnacle of endgame heal power if geared & used correctly. I never understood their gripes about not being invited to merit or anything, level RDM or BRD.

    It's kind of how everyone wants their DD job to be the best DD job in the game. The simple fact is, there's a best and a worst in everything you just try to balance it out, which it seems SE is trying to do for the most part (sans the incoming samurai-gets-buffs-all-the-time argument). It takes little to no time to level anymore, really, it doesn't. I'm happy to see the job get some attention, now it can stop all the QQing over it being ignored for so long.

    In reality, I don't think this changes much aside from making it much less painful to be a WHM in non-endgame situations. Given these stack with various SCH abilities, I could see WHM/SCH being useful in a variety of situations. Oh, and I wanted to comment on the RDM deal. I see how RDM has been ignored for so long, but I really don't see why it's irritating. I'm rather content with the way RDM is a the moment personally. Sure an update or some additions (like Regen II) would be rather nice, but I don't see it as a game breaker. I don't know, maybe having a few jobs leveled makes me not care as much when one is ignored.

    edit: this is part I also, WHO KNOWS what part II shall bring! inc samurai buffs (/sarcasm) heh, and why does every mage want to freaking melee, >_>

  3. #263
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    207
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutsumiko View Post
    That's what I've been saying XD

    It's going to amazing!
    That doesn't even make sense. Each damage taken overwrites the previous amount in Misery, so you would get a boost for taking 2 damage with Sublimation, it won't count towards the bonus at all, and if it did, it would be totally worthless.
    Unlike Afflatus Solace, it is non-accumulative and overwriting.

  4. #264
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    Sch is now going to be THE subjob choice for whm (assuming its not already) if the damage stance tracks from any source.

    1. Pop stance
    2. Use sublimation
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    Sublimation and Martyr will needed to be tested to see what kind of effect they have on the Misery stance.

  5. #265
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,738
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeelo View Post
    wheres the reposega?
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../4142/4142.jpg
    And that picture still makes me think there will be rdm/whm/blm updates. but who knows what that picture really meant?
    I think you're probably correct. These job updates are probably at least part of their attempt to make those mages more "melee friendly". The focus on damage taken and giving less TP suggest that to me anyway.

    This update is going to be a hell of a lot better than the last meak one. It should have been the focus of fanfest unfortunately lol.

  6. #266
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    765
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Well, I know a few people who will be thrilled with this!

  7. #267
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Are WHM mobs going to start using Sacrifice / Cura / Esuna / Auspice?

    I don't think any of these would be a huge deal...not nearly as useful for the enemy as they are for players. Still, just wondering.
    To be honest I'm not sure how popular Cura will be yet. Since its potency is based on Misery, and Misery's effect is based on the WHM taking damage (large amounts of damage to get higher potency), it stands to reason that it would be most useful in situations where close combat and AOE damage are common - HNMs with wide AOE, Einherjar, Salvage. In situations where a fight is more spread out, like Dynamis, Curaga would probably be more efficient.

  8. #268
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,151
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    - Afflatus Misery
    While Afflatus Misery is activated, the most recent damage you sustain will be recorded up to a limit determined by your character's level. This damage amount will determine the bonus value granted to specific spells. Unlike Afflatus Solace, it is non-accumulative and overwriting.
    Not Sublimation, Martyr maybe.

  9. #269
    The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,045
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    SE did this because they knew I was too lazy to finish WHM and now they gave me incentive in the form of new toys.

    I'll be the one to bitch; RDM updates please.

  10. #270
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    854
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    RDM updates please.
    This, despite these updates giving me the urge to roll around in SE's awesome-sauce, this makes me even more impatient to see what the hell they have in store for RDM and other jobs. ._.

  11. #271
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    96
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    The WHM in me just came.
    I hope he was using protection, because apparently WHMs just got more potent. O.o

  12. #272
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    346
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    Sorry to ask but what does that mean.
    MTE = my thoughts exactly

  13. #273
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,016
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure how popular Cura will be yet. Since its potency is based on Misery, and Misery's effect is based on the WHM taking damage (large amounts of damage to get higher potency), it stands to reason that it would be most useful in situations where close combat and AOE damage are common - HNMs with wide AOE, Einherjar, Salvage. In situations where a fight is more spread out, like Dynamis, Curaga would probably be more efficient.
    Something I didn't think of.. this gives WHMs a big incentive to run into a fight and take damage. I wonder if Misery is based on damage dealt by an enemy or damage taken (i.e. after Stoneskin, Phalanx & other effects)..

  14. #274
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    699
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by GuntarHolyFlame View Post
    I hope he was using protection, because apparently WHMs just got more potent. O.o
    I like your style

  15. #275
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,315
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Miraun View Post
    SMN seems more ignored than BLM...

    2006:
    "Here, have some new avatars..."
    "When"
    "Soon..."

    2007:
    "Hey, we're introducing Odin and Alexander"
    "Sweet, I can't wait, SMNs need some love"
    "Ohh... they won't be obtainable by players"

    2008:
    "Hey, we're introducing a summon that you all know and love from FFX: Ixion"
    "Ohh, are these the new avatars you promised us?"
    "No... just another mob to kill for shineys"
    So Elemental Siphon, splitting the BP timer, etc vs. Retrace and the "nerf"?

    More avatars won't fix the root problems SMN has any more than a new jugpet or two would fix BST. More avatars/pacts would be nice, but I'd say the job needs an overhaul in general more than another glowing pet.

  16. #276
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    136
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I don't really understand the RDM comments here, compared to whm, smn, pup, blm and nin saying RDM needs an update is almost a joke

    WHM got theirs, and since these notes said a "selection" of jobs and a "wealth" of updates, I am hoping RDM is not one of the jobs if it pushes one of those other jobs out.

  17. #277
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,103
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    saving up 500k to spend on the spells im have to pay for on whm now lol

  18. #278
    As I beavered away...
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    849
    BG Level
    5

    I don't even like playing whm, but this looks pretty epic.

  19. #279
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,003
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    So Elemental Siphon, splitting the BP timer, etc vs. Retrace and the "nerf"?

    More avatars won't fix the root problems SMN has any more than a new jugpet or two would fix BST. More avatars/pacts would be nice, but I'd say the job needs an overhaul in general more than another glowing pet.
    It will likely go hand in hand. Update to SMN + Avatars especially if they were making their BPs different than the others (may just update all of them). Like how they did it here with WHM in terms of new JA/spells and update to what they have already.

    Thx btw nifty

  20. #280
    /lick
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,226
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Tempyst View Post
    The combination of this post and your sig denotes someone who is completely insufferable, don't worry though as long as you keep on thinking you're smarter and more special than everyone else you can keep on being miserable.
    Funny thing is that most people would probably agree I'm fairly easy to get along with and entirely tolerable to be around.

    Maybe a bit of an elitist, but if taking the time to learn how game mechanics work and how to best exploit a job's strengths is somehow wrong, I don't want to be right.

    As for the sig, I got fed up with all the people laughing about the bannings. I never duped a 35 and no one in my Salvage group was banned, but I did have the enjoyment of watching one of the most fun groups of people I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of fall apart. And then I came here and saw dozens of people laughing about it, quick to condemn the guilty without so much as a thought, nevermind compassion, for those left behind.

    Sue me if I'm not always the most polite person around.

    As for RDM updates, you can't exactly blame me for having low expectations, considering the quality of the average RDM and SE's track record of misunderstanding their mage and pet jobs in general. I am surprised and thrilled at the WHM fix, but so disheartened by SE even mentioning RDM melee that I can't help but have low expectations.

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (03/30/2009)
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 866
    Last Post: 2009-04-09, 08:49