Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 658
  1. #621
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,151
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Orochi Lede View Post
    Based on it's description, it also adds en-light, there aren't many things resistant to light aside aerns, between this, penace and mnks rolls, could solve the tp feeding problem depending on how potent it is, it even says it adds accuracy for if you miss..i'm hoping that does apply to the area of effect to and not just only the WHM.
    Thanks to the specific nature of french grammar, we know it is only on the White Mage.

  2. #622
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    879
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagi View Post
    Thanks to the specific nature of french grammar, we know it is only on the White Mage.
    I just realized that part after i just went back and re-read it...i guess you can't have your cake and eat it to. at least the en-light would have been nice, but im not taking out my wand and wacking the chariot for it.

  3. #623
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,644
    BG Level
    9

    I feel like the Subtle Blow will only apply if the WHM's actually hitting, too. Sort of like a Haste Samba.

  4. #624
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,151
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    The Enlight and Accuracy Bonus seem more aimed toward soloing than anything. The only situation I can see it being useful in a group would be if the enemy has an area effect damage and/or status effect attack, doesn't inflict Silence, Paralyze, or Petrification in any way, and the White Mage melees to get off fast Curas and/or Esunas.

  5. #625
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    879
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    It could make sense seeing as they have Mystic boon which restores MP...i swear they are trying to squeeze WHM into the front lines.

  6. #626
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    38
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I feel like the Subtle Blow will only apply if the WHM's actually hitting, too. Sort of like a Haste Samba.
    After the initial giddy reaction to this update, I started wondering things like this as well. In how many ways can they make these spells basically unusable without a considerable revision in how we play our job? (I like to hit stuff too, but it's really really not useful while fighting chariots.)

    But what I'm really curious about (and I'm not alone, obviously) is how this all is entangled with the Yagrush enhancement of Divine Veil. I mean...as mean and nasty as SE is, they wouldn't negate the potential value of one of the few possibly useful mythics there are. Would they?

    /naive and trusting on

    Naaaaaahhhh.

    /naive and trusting off

    So...the enhancement isn't an esuna-like effect, but perhaps having some effect on enmity down? Maybe?

    I just keep looking at these spells and hoping they don't = my corpse, more often, with new and improved graphic effects.

  7. #627
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post

    I'm starting to like you again, watch out.
    You stopped? DIE!

  8. #628
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I feel like the Subtle Blow will only apply if the WHM's actually hitting, too. Sort of like a Haste Samba.
    I can understand that fear, but SE thinks of DNC as the melee healer, and WHM as the stand a little further back healer.

    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Cura was designed to be reactive curing for things like -ga spells, MG, AF, etc.

  9. #629
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,644
    BG Level
    9

    Thing is, if they're making it some kind of aura effect that prompts you to be close to your melee, anyway, why not just be swinging, too? They've got their Enlight/Zanshin thing going, the other presumably reactive Cura (Divine Waltz?), Esuna only working if in range and afflicted, and then Sacrifice to yoink some ailments if you're not.

    People loved to rag on RDM melee with TP feed, and it'd really be no different for WHM. I think SE at least recognized that and most, I could see the effect mirror the WHM technically not meleeing at all with all other hits considered. MNKs and Penance this won't be.

  10. #630
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    96
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Has anyone else noticed that Ringthree is a Joyeuse poster? =D

  11. #631
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,528
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

    Quote Originally Posted by GuntarHolyFlame View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Ringthree is a Joyeuse poster? =D
    I would pick him if i won Rank2 Bonanza Prize.

  12. #632
    BG is my LJ
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,222
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Mannnnnnnnnn, i switched over to apollo's/staff strap a while back. I wonder if auspice is going to be so useful that i'll have to go back to templar mace/shield.

    Then again, my holy/banish will want the apollo's........... I like that my greatest worry is choosing between what amazing thing i'd rather have (while still keeping the other amazing thing :D)

    I'm most excited for cura. And~ they soo stole my idea of overcuring that caused a buff (based on hp overcured) that "placed" a cure the next time they took damage. Now its just all cures, and the buff is stoneskin. They made my idea better

  13. #633
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    207
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    I can understand that fear, but SE thinks of DNC as the melee healer, and WHM as the stand a little further back healer.

    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Cura was designed to be reactive curing for things like -ga spells, MG, AF, etc.
    The only thing that remains to be seen about Cura is the true incentive for actually using it. Unfortunately you can't get hit, then switch to Misery and use it, you have to switch to Misery and anticipate the damage before you use it, giving up your SS bonus from Solace just for the chance to use Cura. It should probably be extremely cheap to cast, instant speed, almost no enmity, or else I'm not sure what the bonus is.

    I'm wondering the same thing about Sacrifice. It still has to be very fast and cheap because you're basically casting that and then Esuna to remove ailments. In that time, you could probably na atleast two people, so yeah, Sacrifice needs to be very fast aswell. I'm surprised it's not a JA.

    As far as Auspice, there's nothing to suggest that you have to melee for it to work, so far atleast.

  14. #634
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by GuntarHolyFlame View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Ringthree is a Joyeuse poster? =D
    I know, but it's only because everyone else posts too slow!

  15. #635
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    430
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    I can understand that fear, but SE thinks of DNC as the melee healer, and WHM as the stand a little further back healer.

    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Cura was designed to be reactive curing for things like -ga spells, MG, AF, etc.
    ^this

    I'm betting this is designed as a counter to a heavy AOE that cures the party for the exact amount of damage the whm took with that ja up. I imagine enmity would be high though.

  16. #636
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    343
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeTasai View Post
    ^this

    I'm betting this is designed as a counter to a heavy AOE that cures the party for the exact amount of damage the whm took with that ja up. I imagine enmity would be high though.
    Hopefully it will be like Cure V in that it has a low set amount of enmity given, seeing as there is no -ga version equivalent and Cura would be a situational spell at best when not powered up, from the sounds of it.

  17. #637
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    You know.. I just wondered what this Afflatus Solace + Cure = Brief stoneskin will do for WHMs who PL lowbies. Said nothing about it only working on PT/Alliance only.

    I smell an emergency maintenance in the future unless SE talks about a quick fix in update notes.

  18. #638
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinta View Post
    As far as Auspice, there's nothing to suggest that you have to melee for it to work, so far atleast.
    The NA notes for Auspice is somewhat Vauge...I checked the French and German pages and this is what I came up with.

    As long as you are in TP , pt members benefit from the subtle blow.
    Then there's this:

    When cast upon a white mage for whom Afflatus Misery is activated, Auspice also adds light damage to initial attacks and bestows an accuracy bonus when target is missed.
    The thing is, the french version was more clear, in that the initial attacks that is referred to here, means the first hit of an attack round. So if you dual wield, only the first hit will receive enlight, whereas the second will not. When you miss, you are granted accuracy bonus on your next hit.

    This is what the Translated German Version says
    Reduces TP awarded all group members in the area. Afflatus miseriae: Additional effect of "Light +" (for multiple attacks on the initial attack "), failed to increase the precision attacks.

  19. #639
    Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,033
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    You know.. I just wondered what this Afflatus Solace + Cure = Brief stoneskin will do for WHMs who PL lowbies. Said nothing about it only working on PT/Alliance only.

    I smell an emergency maintenance in the future unless SE talks about a quick fix in update notes.
    It will most likely be based on a % of HP cured aka a low lvl would get extremely small SS.

  20. #640
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Maybe... will be interesting to see what happens though.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (03/30/2009)
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 866
    Last Post: 2009-04-09, 08:49