Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 658
  1. #101
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    SE could honestly take RDM tweaks in many number of ways. the thing about it right now is that no one was expecting them to revamp the way WHMs play as much as this. All people thought was probably 1 or 2 new JAs or spells thrown in to help the job but nothing to this extent.

    granted RDM doesnt actually need anything of this sort, they might just throw it in just to help RDMs who want to take to the frontlines, and then something for mage RDMs as well maybe...

    I was personally thinking along the lines of
    Bravery spell - increases RDM attack and acc, amount based on enhancing..
    Faith spell - increases RDM m.acc and MAB, amount based on enhancing..
    Temper Blade JA stance - increases enspell damage from RDM when using sword. also increases acc but elemental resistance reduced.
    Runic Blade JA - converts magic damage taken to MP when using sword. increases acc but enspell damage reduced. stances are mutuall exclusive
    Paling spell - long duration spell, converts physical damage taken into magic damage. (converted damage subjected to an extra INT/resist check and elemental resist check)

    i just hope the other job adjustments get as much little tweaks as whm

  2. #102
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    814
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Wow this seems amazing. I hope BLM will also get the same treatment. If they continue with this I might even level a mage class someday. O.O" Now they need to continue this pace and give some other classes some help, Pup comes to mind. ^-^

  3. #103
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    879
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I'm confused about Cura.....isn't that just Curaga...?

  4. #104
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Araelus View Post
    This mentality goes a long way to explains why RDM has been all but untouched by updates besides the addition of gradual resistance to Enfeebling Magic.

    If the BLM and RDM updates are as innovative as this one for WHM, I will be pleasantly surprised. Pessimism serves well to allow for shock and delight at anything like today's update notes.
    That is what surprised me, I expected them to throw more spells at WHM, not that they would do something innovative in the update with the existing spells. This gets my hopes up for what they will do for RDM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Araelus View Post
    I agree. The only drawback to /SCH for WHM is that Ballad and Refresh don't stack with Sublimation. And if they'd just add Stoneskin to Addendum: White at level 37 or less, I could sub SCH on BLM, too. /sigh

    Even just from the MP savings of SCH sub, the more they add to WHM the better /SCH becomes.
    Ballad stacks with Sublimation (as does Evoker's Roll), Refresh does not. That just means that I don't use Sublimation if by some miracle Atum has a RDM in the party since it is better than Sublimation. Any time Atum is all lonely and sad without a party in Dynamis, it just means that he is that much more self-reliant.

    And yeah, no matter what, SCH sub is fantastic. Even is Esuna is either costly MP wise or has a fairly long recast time, Penury or Celerity will help take care of that, at least when a charge is up.

  5. #105
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    725
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Orochi Lede View Post
    I'm confused about Cura.....isn't that just Curaga...?
    Seems more a "OhShit" spell, since it is modified by the damage taken ability. Maybe a low-enmity curaga.

  6. #106
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    It should be noted that the Stoneskin affect under Afflatus Solace only applies to single-target Cures and not the Curaga line. That aside, I'm impressed by these changes, and I don't even play WHM anymore. The bar has now been set for the other job adjustments. Now to wait and see what's to come.

  7. #107
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,825
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Araelus View Post
    I agree. The only drawback to /SCH for WHM is that Ballad and Refresh don't stack with Sublimation. And if they'd just add Stoneskin to Addendum: White at level 37 or less, I could sub SCH on BLM, too. /sigh

    Even just from the MP savings of SCH sub, the more they add to WHM the better /SCH becomes.
    It's only Refresh that doesn't stack with Sublimation. Ballad, Evoker's and auto-refresh from items does.

  8. #108
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    814
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    - Holy
    Casting Holy while Afflatus Solace is activated grants a potency bonus to the spell based on the amount of HP you restore. The record of accumulated HP is reset upon use.
    I don't quite understand this part. They're finally making Holy a better spell? It might actually be good for something now?

  9. #109
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Loziel View Post
    With the potential to add Stoneskin to cures, depending on the amount it delivers per cure, This could also add whole new dimensions and possibilities for blood tanking and perhaps even be considered a semi-fix if the tank has a dedicated Whm healer.

    This looks very interesting. I cant wait to see how this pans out
    I get the impression that the stoneskin amount will depend solely on the bonus already obtained with Afflatus Solace. Since Afflatus Solace accumulates and doesnt reset, it would seem that the stoneskin effect could be stacked on again and again just by casting cure. I'm guessing each Cure tier caps at a different stoneskin amount maybe..

    would make WHM and RDMs good cure partners before a major fight..
    RDM convert down to 1+ MP, WHM cures to full to charge up Solace bonus...

  10. #110
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightfell View Post
    I have to disagree with that (forgive if it was meant in jest) awesome job updates aside, the amount of content alone this update has been frankly rather surprising, (what do we have so far, new NM system, expansion of ZMN, MMM, and FoV, along with new missions).
    It'll only be 90% win if the magical word doesn't appear in the update notes.. ; ; they promised us!

  11. #111
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    I don't quite understand this part. They're finally making Holy a better spell? It might actually be good for something now?
    i think it means based on the amount of cures you did the next holy spell you cast gets a MAB bonus from the Solace effect. but this also resets the bonus... which means u need to store it up again.. cant be that hard.

  12. #112
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    This sound like it should make curing so easy for whm that izzy cant be poked at for being a melee whm anymore. That is unless these traits/ja are so good that it singlehandedly removes the need to /nin or gtfo if one has a whm.

  13. #113
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Ballad stacks with Sublimation (as does Evoker's Roll), Refresh does not.
    BRB, killing at least two bards I know for being lazy bums.

  14. #114
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    I'm actually interested to know some SCH mains reaction to this and as for salvage one can hope i hate SSR+BR ramparts with passion
    You can stop crying now.

    I'm just happy it's one less "Nerf SCH!" angle I have to hear.

    And I don't think I saw BLM adjustments scheduled anywhere. I'll be interested to see if they do, but until then they're going to continue to be dialing in the butthurt.

  15. #115
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,673
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Oh god, as if 2 macro sets isn't enough, now I'm gonna need a 3rd for all these new spells/abilities. I'm at work at the moment and can't digest the main bulk of the update til later, but the reduced mp for reraises has me jumping for joy. Plus now we can use reraise on /whm in level 50 cap zones

  16. #116
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    879
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    I don't quite understand this part. They're finally making Holy a better spell? It might actually be good for something now?
    I found it quite usefull killing those pesky salvage rats when they run off at 1% HP! maybe i can do it at 5% now..but fuck AR and the no ability for whm by that floor ; ;

  17. #117
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    it was kinda implied with the shaman cloak black cloak vermillion cloak thing rite

  18. #118
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,136
    BG Level
    6

    Turns out the vermillion cloak taru was a SMN.

  19. #119
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    its more likely BLM and RDM than any other jobs..
    they're probably asking us to associate by color since they look to be mages.. but its not particularly clever since the black cloak model is also the ixion cloak model and lotsa mage jobs use that.. and vermy can be worn by a good bunch of melee jobs too

  20. #120
    Banned.

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,533
    BG Level
    7

    RDM and BLM need an update of similar length and quality

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (03/30/2009)
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 866
    Last Post: 2009-04-09, 08:49