Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 1135
  1. #841
    THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,204
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing. You'd only hope most idiocy on the interweb inspired you to watch a flick you enjoyed. That's a happy ending.
    I can't find my copy of it so all in all I have to take a loss on this one

  2. #842
    Ashira
    Guest

    I'm just going to post this on like every page now, so people stop asking if they have to use the token to get the inventory space.


    It is required for the PlayOnline ID to be linked to the Square Enix Account that has a security token associated.

  3. #843
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,528
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I'm surprised I haven't seen an argument made that SE is limiting the players' freedoms through offering added security much like the US government does today.
    Sir, please take off your shoes, but only if you want to.

  4. #844
    Chram
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,699
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Someone go tell SE 1 € is not $1 anymore, since 3 years.

    With GBP losing value, it's actually cheaper to buy it with this currency than euro.

  5. #845
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,203
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    In that case, it makes no sense whatsoever. On top of the licensing and manufacturing fees, Square-Enix had to pay their programmers and testers alike to ensure that the technology worked. That has likely already made the dongle a loss for their company. Charging $10 is a minimal fee, one that won't help them recoup those costs.

    On top of that, something I hadn't bothered to mention previously was the obvious additional coding and testing required for the Mog Satchel implementation. That cost money as well, meaning this entire thing is an investment for Square-Enix.

    To the people who are complaining that they're getting ripped off, do you understand, now? This isn't profitable. It's a loss. It is an investment, and they are giving you something free along with it. If you're still going to bitch, then you're just being an ignorant cockbag.
    way to be hostile, it only perpetuates this ongoing problem.

    I was merely stating that this was the reason i initially was very skeptical about the idea. I had not taken into account the cost of the device. Which has been thrown up so many times, but I have to believe it even without the numbers of the costs.

  6. #846
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    469
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Sir, please take off your shoes, but only if you want to.
    But if you do take off your shoes you get upgraded to first class.

    Fuck I think I'm bordering on devil's advocate now.

  7. #847
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,875
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Nattack View Post
    way to be hostile, it only perpetuates this ongoing problem.

    I was merely stating that this was the reason i initially was very skeptical about the idea. I had not taken into account the cost of the device. Which has been thrown up so many times, but I have to believe it even without the numbers of the costs.
    Don't worry, it's not aimed at you in particular. My hostility is targeting the people foaming at the mouth, screaming obscenities, and dreaming of burning down the Square-Enix headquarters. They deserve all the angry counterattacks they can get.

  8. #848
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    113
    BG Level
    3

    They could have made this $20 and I'm sure most people would've bought it. $10 shipped is an excellent price and it comes super win inventory.

  9. #849
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,528
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    But if you do take off your shoes you get upgraded to first class.

    Fuck I think I'm bordering on devil's advocate now.
    Free socks to replace the ones with holes in them that you are wearing now.

  10. #850
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,631
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post

    Sharing accounts with someone you actually know... and the inconvenience is not worth going from 1% chance to 0% chance at having to call SE up and get your account back, maybe, at some point in the next 5 years. How do you manage to not go insane living in constant fear of things that will probably never happen? Not going to buy flood insurance in Denver...
    Who cares if you know them irl? They could be unsafe and potentially get their/your shit hacked. Is it worth it?

  11. #851
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,203
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Who cares if you know them irl? They could be unsafe and potentially get their/your shit hacked. Is it worth it?
    i dont think my best friend would take my character, and throw away nearly 20 years of close friendship for a game D:

    but maybe selling it for a fewbux.

  12. #852
    Spiders are Awesome
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,073
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Who cares if you know them irl? They could be unsafe and potentially get their/your shit hacked. Is it worth it?
    Yes, it is worth it. What kind of friends do you have?

    You know every time you drive you could get hit by a crazy drunk and die, right? Gonna stop using automobiles?

  13. #853
    THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,204
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Nattack View Post
    i dont think my best friend would take my character, and throw away nearly 20 years of close friendship for a game D:

    but maybe selling it for a fewbux.
    I think the point was, can you absolutely insure that people with your account info are playing from an uncompromised system?

  14. #854
    THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,204
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Yes, it is worth it. What kind of friends do you have?

    You know every time you drive you could get hit by a crazy drunk and die, right? Gonna stop using automobiles?
    Would you spend ten dollars to be car proof?

    Actually nevermind that's a dumb question, everyone would do that and we'd have an awesome time hitting each other with our cars, getting up and laughing before going to dairy queen

  15. #855
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,131
    BG Level
    7

    Wow, thanks BG for 29+ pages of lulz to keep me going through the day.


    1. I was going to get one before this announcement.
    2. I will still be getting one
    3. I share accounts, picking up the phone to have my friend log me on doesn't bother me.


    Now, to further fuel the fire:

    Blizzard's fob ID's are free now. They even have an iPhone app to do it.


    Let the "WHY CANT SE DO THAT SHIT TOO? WHY DO WE HAVE TO PAY?" commence...er continue.

  16. #856
    Witty Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,849
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Why respond seriously to "durrr ToS" that you're probably posting while using windower?
    Nah, I'm a work and the boss gets anoyed when I play FFXI here.

    I don't see anyone trying to make a point that this will inconvenience anyone using windower anyway.

    Your argument was that SE is evil for hindering you from doing something you aren't supposed to do in the first place. You kind of lose leverage when you do that.

  17. #857
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Yes, it is worth it. What kind of friends do you have?

    You know every time you drive you could get hit by a crazy drunk and die, right? Gonna stop using automobiles?
    You're safer inside the car than outside. more likely to die when you get hit by said crazy drunk.

  18. #858
    Witty Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,849
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by elphaba View Post
    Something that i think some people glossed over and I'm sitting here thinking about:

    It's linked to an SA account. You have to have an SA account, which will then link to your POL Id(s). so.. theoretically.. if all your accounts are in your name, you can link them all to your SA account?
    I think it was mentioned somewhere else that you should be able to link multiple accounts to it if you want to.

  19. #859
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,631
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Yes, it is worth it. What kind of friends do you have?

    You know every time you drive you could get hit by a crazy drunk and die, right? Gonna stop using automobiles?
    Your response is on the level of stupidity I wonder if it's even worth replying to. All my friends who play the game I knew irl have quit and try to sell me on why I should play WoW every week. Needless to say they all use firefox and are safe, but I wasn't mentioning someone stealing your account. Learn to read you idiot.

  20. #860
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,631
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Quote Originally Posted by Tempyst View Post
    I think the point was, can you absolutely insure that people with your account info are playing from an uncompromised system?
    Thanks, this is a good post, they seem to have missed the point entirely. For... whatever reason.

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Average Life Cycle of a Square Enix Security Token
    By LinktheDeme in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2020-04-28, 20:46
  2. Square Enix Security Token Problem ><
    By Martys in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2009-10-21, 14:12
  3. Replies: 884
    Last Post: 2009-06-15, 14:49
  4. Square Enix Security Token
    By fobber in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-04-08, 23:11
  5. Square Enix Security Token Fair or Not
    By dejet in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2009-03-31, 12:49
  6. Replies: 453
    Last Post: 2009-03-23, 15:12
  7. Win a Square Enix Security Token
    By Pikko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2009-03-19, 13:42
  8. Introducing the Square Enix Security Token
    By fusionx in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 266
    Last Post: 2009-03-18, 14:36